Kris's Days in China

EXO: The Greatest Comeback

The rain fell softly as Kris strolled leisurely in the barren streets of Guangzhou.  He glanced around nervously with red, swollen eyes covered by dark sunglasses to see if there were any fans following him or taking pictures of him.  Kris sat down on a bench and plugged in his earphones to take his mind off of all the trouble coming from the past few days.  He scrolled down his playlists, past the playlist named “EXO” and chose a calming playlist in Chinese.  As he listened to the melancholy tunes by J.J. Lin and Emil Chau, he thought:

            “I wonder how they are doing…  Do the other members miss me?”

But he knew the truth.  Kris had checked the news continuously starting from May 14th, when rumors of his lawsuit against EXO came up.  All he saw were worried fan posts and later on May 15th, confusing comments from his fellow members on Instagram.  He saw Sehun post a question mark with the caption “…”, symbolizing Sehun’s confusion.  Chanyeol posted the Overdose logo with the caption in traditional Chinese, “Reward the good, punish the evil.”  Lastly, he found Tao’s post: a picture of the sand on a beach and a long Chinese caption with the words “betrayal” and “that person has already left us”. 

            He broke down in disbelief that s would post such things!  He checked who the members were following and noticed he wasn’t on the list for Sehun, Chanyeol, Tao, Lay, Xiumin, and Luhan’s Instagram.  As if the posts weren’t bad enough!  He was relieved to find out that Baekhyun was still following him, though.

            “Thank you Baekhyun…  Thank you for sticking up for me in these tough times.”

            Kris sat in disbelief.  He checked Instagram for news updates on EXO’s reactions.  He quickly found rumors of Baekhyun being slapped for defending Kris, D.O. being hurt for defending Baekhyun, Suho being kicked, and S.M. taking away their phones and posting these messages.  An instant air of relief and anger against S.M. came to Kris, but reality settled in quickly.  Kris, no matter how much he did not want to admit it, knew that these rumors were highly unlikely. 

            Kris knew he needed to respond to all this worry, and posted a message with this meaning on Instagram in handwritten simplified Chinese:

            “I am just a small person against this large force, but I am okay.  I give my blessings to everyone who have supported me and hope you will be happier and happier.  Wu Yi Fan will always be here! 2014.05.16”

            After posting it, he began roaming the streets of China carefully so no one could catch him and reflected upon the situation until the sun went down and the bright full moon, which reminded him of all the astronomical events associated with EXO, came up.