02

Never Grow Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret

I'd give all I have, honey

If you could stay like that.

“Hyung, where are your old towels?” Kim Jongin asked as he stood in the apartment’s tiny kitchen.

 

“2nd drawer, left side of the stove,” Taemin called back after sighing heavily. Jongin hadn’t been at their apartment for more than five minutes before Minho decided to throw up all over the floor.

 

“You little monster, you,” Taemin mumbled to a giggling Minho, who was completely unaware of what he had done, “making us clean up after you. Psh.”

 

Of course Taemin wasn’t mad- how could he be mad at his adorable little brother? Besides, it was really Jongin who ended up being the one to clean up the mess, so no harm done, right?

 

“Kai hyungie!” Minho exclaimed happily just as Jongin walked into the living room area.

 

“Hmm, Minnie, always making a mess, just like your hyung,” Jongin replied, sending a teasing wink at Taemin, who raised an eyebrow.

 

“E-excuse me?” the older boy replied, “I do not!”

 

“Says the person who spilled all the rice two days ago,” Jongin retorted quickly, smirking victoriously, “now here’s the towel. What? Did you really expect me to clean it?”

 

Jongin crossed his arms at his best friend and looked down to give him a look that said well? Taemin merely sat and looked up at Jongin with wide eyes. With all the cuteness he could muster, he jutted out his lower lip slightly and gave Jongin the best puppy eyes he could manage.

 

“Please, Jonginnie? Jebal? For me?”

 

Taemin then pulled out the one aegyo card Jongin could never resist. Sure enough, seconds later, the latter sighed quite loudly and tore his eyes away from his best friend.

 

“Alright, alright, sheesh. Just stop giving me that look, it makes me… aish…”

 

Jongin grumbled under his breath as he grabbed the bottle of cleaner and knelt down by the spot where Minho threw up.

 

Taemin laughed out loud.

 

“Aw, don’t be so bitter, Jonginnie. I have to do this way more than you do. I’ve seen a lot worse too, Minho’s stomach is ruthless…”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Jongin replied blandly, but Taemin could see the little smile forming on his face.

 

After a few minutes, Jongin successfully cleaned up the once stained carpet. After throwing the soiled towel into the dirty clothes hamper, he walked back to where Taemin and Minho were.

 

Taemin was kneeling on the ground, gently poking and prodding Minho’s overly sensitive tummy as the little boy laughed and squirmed around.

 

“...little troublemaker, making Jonginnie clean up after you-”

 

“-and whose fault would that be, hmm?”

 

Jongin, right at that moment, snuck up behind Taemin and grabbed him around the waist. Surprised, the latter jumped and fell backwards onto his best friend.

 

“Jongin!” Taemin exclaimed, “how many times have I told you? Don’t sneak up on me!”

 

“Uh-huh, whatever. You deserved it, you little punk.”

 

“Yah, treat me with respect, I’m your hyung!”

 

Though Taemin was older than Jongin, the younger was actually taller and much stronger than he. Thus, Taemin had a hard time getting out of his best friend’s grip. Jongin had one arm firmly wrapped around Taemin’s waist, and the other around his chest.

 

“Hey Minnie,” Jongin called to Minho, who was still giggling at his silly hyungs, “is your hyung ticklish?”

 

“Minnie doesn't know,” Minho replied happily, and both Taemin and Jongin were unsure if the boy knew what the latter said.

 

“How about we find out, Minnie, hmm? How does that sound?”

 

“Okay!”

 

Jongin smiled sweetly at the little boy but smirked when he looked back at Taemin, who was glaring at him through his auburn bangs.

 

“You wouldn’t,” he breathed barely above a whisper.

 

“Minnie said so,” Jongin replied, shrugging smugly.

 

Minho was clueless of the fact that he ratted his hyung out, and based on how Taemin was struggling even harder to get away, Jongin interpreted his hyung’s actions to mean ‘yes’.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter