Second Love

My One and Only Prince Charming

“Wa! Kyungsoo, you sing well! Here, have a cupcake! I made your favourite red velvet during club today.” Chanyeol awed cutely at the shorter’s singing, rewarding the singer with a cupcake. And yes, Chanyeol is in the cooking club! He aspires to be the perfect princess for his prince, Baekhyun, and hence decided on the cooking club to hone his housewife skills.

Baekhyun frowned at their interaction. Usually, when Chanyeol visited the choir club, it was to bring him delicious lunch and treats. Now, Kyungsoo attracts all the attention from him. He angrily belted out a note, turning his back towards the duo.

“Oompf.” Baekhyun stumbled forward as he felt a weight jumping onto him and arms wrapping around him. Instantly, warmth enveloped him both literally and metaphorically, his angry note faltering.

“Baekhyunnie~” the warmth sang out in his deep velvety voice. Chanyeol tightened his backhug, nuzzling his nose into Baekhyun’s ticklish neck as usual. “I made you your favourite mint cupcakes too!”

Baekhyun felt his lips twitching up into a grin. “I can’t believe a giant like you has so much power over me,” he sighed.

Chanyeol released him and looked quizzically at him. “What?”

“Nothing, giant,” Baekhyun smiled warmly, patting Chanyeol’s chubby cheeks. “Now surrender my cupcakes.”

 

 

Chanyeol grinned happily as he returned to his club. Today, Baekhyun had happily eaten the food he had prepared for him with all his love. Oh! Kyungsoo too, of course, had eaten his food with utmost enthusiasm. Chanyeol chuckled. It was cute to see both boys enjoying the food he made. Maybe next time, after he marries Baekhyun, they can invite Kyungsoo over for dinner! Chanyeol sighed dreamily at the thought of Baekhyun and him making a family of their own, with little “Baekkie”s and “Yeollie”s running around the house. He giggled happily at the thought.

“Hey, hey! Chanyeollie!” Kyungsoo bounded over, slinging an arm over the taller’s shoulder. “What are you going to do now?” he smiled happily, satisfied at being close to his love.

Chanyeol gave the shorter a friendly hug. “To my cooking club, of course! Is choir done already?” he smiled cutely.

Kyungsoo swooned. “Not yet, of course! We just started, remember? I just plan to skip and accompany you at your cooking club. The cooking club seems interesting!”

Chanyeol paused in his actions. He was just about to berate the younger for skipping his club, but since he had praised his beloved cooking club, he thinks that he can let him off just this once. “Alright! Come along with me then!”

They conversed animatedly with small talk on the way to the cooking club. It was as if they were lifelong best friends! (Well, they would have been if Kyungsoo did not bully Chanyeol…) “We’re here!” Chanyeol cheerfully sang.

Kyungsoo never knew that the school’s home economics room would be such a warm and beautiful place. The moment the dull doors of the room open, he was invited into a wonderful place, almost a different world as compared to the boring exterior. The room was decorated with warm colours, the walls a gentle pastel pink and the different counters customized colourfully to its owners preferences. He took a whiff of the heavenly aroma of the room before turning to look at Chanyeol’s excited face. Sweet like its owner.

“Chanyeollie! You’re back!” Bright smiles and squeals filled the sweet room as flocks of girls cluttered around Chanyeol. Instead of the flirting Kyungsoo is used to when both genders are involved, the girls babied Chanyeol, feeding him with their latest creations and wearing his apron for him. It is reasonable, though, with Chanyeol’s adorable looks and personality, anyone would baby him. Chanyeol looked up from his cheerful bantering about his day to his club members as he noticed Kyungsoo’s adoring smile.

Chanyeol brightened. “Noona! This is Kyungie!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at the sudden introduction, feeling the atmosphere in the room turn rigid. Kyungsoo fidgeted uncomfortably as the girls eyed him like hawks.

In an instant, the girls were crowding around him, comments pouring out incessantly. “Chanyeollie, did you change your prince? This one seems less manly.” “Chanyeollie, why do you always go for the short ones?!” “His eyes are so big, like an owl!”

Kyungsoo could see Chanyeol’s face reddening with every comment. It could be embarrassment or annoyance but whatever it is, Kyungsoo could feel Chanyeol’s discomfort (despite the fact that he looks so adorable). So, he mustered up his courage and stopped them. “Hello, everyone. I am Do Kyungsoo from choir. I am currently pursuing Chanyeol. Thank you for taking care of my beautiful boy for so long, and I will strive to do my best to make him happy from now on.”

The mutters stopped immediately and Kyungsoo straightened up from his bow nervously. He took in the shocked faces of Chanyeol’s club members as well as the wide eyes of his beloved. Too much? He asked himself inwardly as he presented an awkward grin.

Chaneyol felt himself blush deeply at Kyungsoo’s sweet words. Why is he saying that here? So cheesy… and yet so romantic! Chanyeol squealed inwardly, turning his body to hide his flushed cheeks from Kyungsoo.

Murmurs of approval filled the room as everyone went back to their own counters, though not without giving suggestive looks to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. A sweet, albeit tall, girl stayed behind. She stared at Kyungsoo with narrow eyes before shaking his hand. “Accepted.” She said, patting Kyungsoo’s hand before walking off.

Kyungsoo stared at the change of events in shock before noticing Chanyeol’s flushed face. Almost instantly, the previous event disappeared from his mind and he started to coo over Chanyeol’s cuteness.

Chanyeol blushed heavily, overwhelmed by how much adoration Kyungsoo is showing him. He giggled inwardly. This all made Kyungsoo seem so princely. Chanyeol froze. What was he thinking? Isn’t Baekhyun enough for him? Chanyeol shook his head frantically, slapping at his cheeks to wake himself up. “Shall we get to cooking?” he shouted into the air, before stalking off with red cheeks.

Kyungsoo stared inquisitively at the red boy, an eyebrow raising in amusement. Cute. He thought before walking over to join Chanyeol.