First Love

My One and Only Prince Charming

“Oh… His lips are the only thing I see nowadays! I love him so much!” Chanyeol dreamily swooned as his large eyes trailed after the shorter boy walking past their spot in the playground.

“Dude. Are you okay?” Chen flicked the dreamer lightly on his forehead, earning a glare from the said dreamer.

Chanyeol frowned at his friend, “Why did you do that? Now he is gone!”

Chen pinched the taller’s chubby cheeks with an impish grin. “What are you to think about kissing? You’re only seven!”

Chanyeol pouted, struggling out of Chen’s vice grip. “Let me go! You are seven too!” He his ferret’s head sadly. “I just want someone to love me like how Appa loves Umma…”

Chen let out a sigh, sinking into the swing beside Chanyeol’s as they wallowed in loneliness together. He pouted, “Me too…”

The taller looked around the playground they were at. This was the place where he had first met Baekhyun. Those mean tall kids from the other class had again about being the President of the Ferret Club and had tugged at his chubby cheeks.

Chanyeol remembered the stinging pain he had felt when he was pushed down into the sand box, the tears he had felt welling in his eyes as the tall boys mocked at his petite stature.

It was then.

Baekhyun flew into the scene like the Superhero he was, just like a Prince Charming – only without the white horse. Using his stubby limbs, Prince Charming had hapkido-ed those mean boys home.

Chanyeol still remembered the bright sunlight shining straight onto Baekhyun, the way the heavens had told him “He is the one-Ack!”

Chanyeol pouted at the slap on his head.

“Stop it, dude! I’ve heard that story more than a million times already! When are you going to get over him? Everytime we pass by this place, you go all nuts repeating the story!” Chen frowned displeasingly at the taller.

Chanyeol grinned sheepishly. He kicked his lanky legs into the ground bashfully. “It’s just that Baekhyun is so cool!”

“Talking about me?” Baekhyun popped out from behind Chanyeol, grinning cheekily over Chanyeol’s shoulder. He then gave a slap to the Chanyeol’s back as Chanyeol made a move to turn and hug him, causing the taller to fall forward. “When did you grow so tall, you giant?” he shouted teasingly.

“Baek!” Chanyeol grinned cheerfully, his long limbs swinging around dangerously in his excitement as he attempted to hug the shorter again. “My Prince!” he blushed.

Chanyeol had confessed to the older a few years back, and despite being rejected, they are now on very good terms as Baekhyun continued to protect the taller from bullies. (Chanyeol calls them the Ferret Bullies.)

“Well, well… Look who we have here!” An obnoxious voice snickered from behind the trio.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he whipped around in irritation. “What do you want, Kyungsoo?”

Meet Kyungsoo, the legendary Ferret Bully, along with his two sidekicks, Jongin and Sehun. (There were rumors that Kyungsoo had kept them around using food, but that is unconfirmed as of now.) They were an awesome sight to behold, a shortie with two tall underlings.

Whilst Chanyeol had been short and puny when he was younger, Kyungsoo had been tall and strong. However, puberty did magic on Chanyeol and he had a serious growth spurt, maturing him from a chubby child to a lanky, albeit y, high school student. With his sweet doe eyes and milky skin, the awkward and chubby kid from before was history. Kyungsoo, however, had his height stumped as he entered middle school, causing him to remain at his short height and puny stature.

“Oh, nothing… I was just looking at you three pathetic people.” Kyungsoo sniggered obnoxiously, motioning Jonging and Sehun to follow suit.

Chanyeol frowned. “What exactly do you want from me, Kyungsoo? You have been bullying me since I was young! Do you like me or something?” Chanyeol stood with his arms akimbo, trying to intimidate the shorter by staring down at him accusingly with a pout. His height was after all his only advantage over Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo froze. He chewed on his bottom lip anxiously with his feet shuffling back and forth; all while averting his eyes away from Chanyeol’s sulky stare. That did not lead to anything good, though. His large eyes landed on Chanyeol’s pouty lips. He watched as Chanyeol parted his lips, sighing in annoyance. Kyungsoo his dry lips, and awkwardly swallowed his saliva.

Baekhyun, the protector, took a defensive stance as he noticed Kyungsoo’s weird behavior. He traced Kyungsoo’s vision, only to see it land on the oblivious Chanyeol’s lips. His eyes widened, “You…!”

Kyungsoo looked up at the short boy in shock. He frowned in jealousy at the sight of Baekhyun’s possessive hold on Chanyeol’s shoulder. “Yes.” He stated timidly, though with fierce eyes, “I do like Chanyeol.” His large eyes confidently bored straight into Baekhyun’s, silently taunting him.

Chanyeol stared at the shorter boy with wide eyes, his mind instantly blanking out. “W-Who… What… Huh?” he felt his face burning in embarrassment as it flushed red. He dramatically gasped, Baekhyun’s hand sliding off his shoulder. “You like me?”

Kyungsoo smiled shyly, keeping a sincere eye contact with Chanyeol. “I do… Ever since I first saw you playing at the swing by yourself, I had loved you so much. You were just so adorable! I started to tease you to attract your attention but I wanted to stop and confess after a few times… This person, though! He appeared and ruined it all.” He gave a pointed look to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smirked uncharacteristically beside Chanyeol. No one can steal my Chanyeol. I mean, Chanyeol. Yeah. Just Chanyeol.

“I-I-Well-I… never had someone confess to me before…” Chanyeol shyly averted his eyes from Kyungsoo, lips twitching up in a small smile.

Baekhyun stared at the shy Chanyeol in surprise. I thought he liked me? He should be rejecting this! Why is he reacting to such rubbish?

“Wow.” Chen whistled teasingly before chuckling. “Some drama is finally happening.”