What now?

What now?

Yoongi was not sure what he was supposed to do as he woke up at an ungodly hour again because certain thoughts wouldn’t leave him in peace.

After the briefest of all possible kisses in the world - that still made Yoongi uncontrollably giddy - Hoseok didn’t make a move. He didn’t try to convince him, didn’t even said a word about it… just looked at him with a look that left Yoongi all shades of red and continued with whatever he was doing…

And Yoongi didn’t even know if he should just jump out the window or jump into Hoseok’s arms, because clearly his crushing was not exactly one-sided but still! How would it even work?! A relationship. With Hoseok. Hoseok.

Yeah, so he was left to himself to figure it out… kind of easier said than done.

‘So hyung, are you dating or what?’

Yoongi unceremoniously spat his coffee out. He just hated mornings. Especially with Taehyung’s bluntness.

‘What?’ he coughed, turning to Taehyung with a frown.

Taehyung just raised a brow at him and sipped on his own glass of water.

‘Taehyung, what are you talking about?’ Yoongi asked again, glancing around for help… but to no avail the others were nowhere in sight, probably flooding the bathroom with combined efforts or snoring themselves into the next week.

‘Well there is this little thing that everyone is betting on… And there are things that certain hyungs mentioned about a kiss…’ Taehyung said absentmindedly, a slow smirk growing on his lips. ‘And honestly, we all should be blind to not notice what’s going on between you and Hoseok-hyung. So are you dating?’

Yoongi was glad he didn’t try to drink again… ‘N-No! I mean-‘

‘Ah, so that’s all those looks about. Jungkook was right then.’ Taehyung nodded to himself.

Now he was positively horrified that the maknaes discussed anything related to his Hoseok-problem.

‘And why is that, hyung? I’m pretty positive you both are smitten.’ Taehyung smiled wide and Yoongi’s forehead hit the table hard.

‘Tell me, my lovely Taehyung, why should I discuss any of this with you?’ he said, sending a glare towards the younger.

‘Because I’m sure you don’t want to wait until Jimin gathers his gut to ask you himself or until Jungkookie gets fed up and all out confront you.’ Taehyung chuckled. ‘And I’m also sure that neither Namjoonie-hyung nor Jinnie-hyung can keep a straight face long enough for you to pour your heart out.’

Truth, Yoongi thought bitterly… Jin and Namjoon were all smirks and annoying advices that he did not want to hear. And even thinking about discussing anything with Jimin or Jungkook was equal parts humiliating and embarrassing… Taehyung it is.

‘Fine.’ Yoongi grumbled. ‘But no way am I talking about any of it in here.’ he added just as Jimin danced into the kitchen with Hoseok in tow, who all but beamed at him with a lovely smile.

‘Morning.’ Yoongi creaked out, coughed in embarrassment and averted his gaze in a failed attempt to stop himself from blushing.

He could just feel all the knowing smiles he got for it.

 

‘You are a total goner, hyung.’ Taehyung said as he leaned back in his chair in their recording studio.

Yoongi just finished trying to make sense of his ongoing inner conflicts and to his honest surprise Taehyung proved to be a good – sometimes zoned out – listener.

‘That I know. But that’s about it…’ Yoongi sighed, scribbling messy bits of lyrics into his notebook.

‘Well just tell him you want to date him, end of story.’

‘B-but what about the others, the managers, our work… everything?’ Yoongi exclaimed, feeling his oncoming headache.

‘Screw them.’ Taehyung shrugged. ‘As you noticed we kind of enjoy teasing you about it but no way would we out you to anyone... Oh, and the managers are also taking part in the bet.’

Yoongi blinked hard at that and hid his face into his hands. ‘Don’t you all have better things to do then chew on my personal life?’

‘Nope.’ Taehyung sang and Yoongi sighed in return.

‘I hope you don’t just say all this to win that damn bet, do you?’

‘Nah, I want our cute Hoseok-hyung to finally get you… he was crushing on you for a while now.’ Taehyung smiled fondly. ‘But if you do confess tomorrow I win it.’

Yoongi hit the younger for the last part, but he knew he was already reddening because of the first.

‘It’s true. Ask him if you don’t believe me!’ Taehyung pouted, rubbing his head.

‘Why would I ask such a thing?’ Yoongi exclaimed and received a flat look that told him Taehyung would just do it. ‘And how are you so sure anyway? Did he tell you?’ he argued on, not liking to be defeated that easily by his dongsaeng.

‘Recently he did. But I already noticed it way before that.’ Taehyung shrugged.

Yoongi did not just feel jealous because Taehyung knew Hoseok well enough to notice such things.

‘And why didn’t he say anything?’ Yoongi asked.

‘How would you feel if he suddenly confessed… it would have been awkward, probably way too much.’ the younger said and Yoongi couldn’t help agreeing. ‘He just kind of accepted waiting for you… or for someone else.’

Someone else… No it was even bad to just think about it. Yoongi thought, shaking himself.

‘And do you think he will be happy with me?’ Yoongi asked, hating how vulnerable that sounded but he needed the reassurance.

‘Of course.’ Taehyung smiled wide. ‘But I will hunt you down personally if you hurt him.’ he added with a serious glint in his eyes.

‘I wouldn’t, I want him to be happy.’ Yoongi said, surprising himself with how sure he was of that.

‘Good. Because if he is happy we all are, and then I can have bigger sleeping space.’ Taehyung said with a smile, killing every ounce of seriousness out of the discussion and this time it was Yoongi’s turn to give out flat looks.

‘…What?’

‘If you two get together we could convince the managers to clear out that small room for you two and then I get to have more sleeping space.’ Taehyung said in voice that suggested that it was the most obvious thing in the whole world.

Leave it to him to put logic into a whole different universe. Yoongi thought and leaned back to think their little conversation over.

It was obvious that no one was having problem with it… now if he was just brave enough to tell Hoseok in a possibly cool way after all the embarrassment he felt in the recent days…

He was so lost in thoughts that he didn’t notice the armful of maknae he suddenly received in the form of a back hug - he did manage to not yell at least.

‘Are you finished with your hyung-talk? We are about to leave.’ Jungkook chuckled.

‘And Hoseok-hyung is jealous of you two spending hours in here.’ Jimin added from the door with a wide grin.

‘He should be since Yoongi-hyung got to enjoy my company.’ Taehyung said making the others laugh.

‘I’m sure he will cry himself to sleep because of your cold heart.’ Jimin said trotting over to drag both Yoongi and Taehyung up from their chairs. ‘Come on, I’m hungry and tired and you all will use up the warm water.’

‘Then let’s shower together.’ Taehyung suggested.

‘Let’s not.’ the three of them answered simultaneously and laughed together as Taehyung gave them an exaggerated pout.

Yeah… it should not be a problem. Yoongi smiled, letting Jungkook pull him out the room as the other two continued to bicker over something stupid.

 

By the time they arrived back to the dorms, Jimin and Namjoon finished telling him off for being a wuss and a ball of embarrassment that was definitely not Suga-style and Jin, with the most well disguised sly smirks of all times, presented him a bunch of pictures of a basically half- Hoseok – like, how could he miss that dance practice for the sake of the Taehyung-talk – the boy in question was already out cold…

Yoongi just did not have luck on his side that day; it was only most suitable that he nagged the others to bed… and used the opportunity to steal glances at the cute sight of the sleeping dancer.

 

The next day would have turned out just as bad if Namjoon didn’t work his magic in the form of failing spectacularly at dancing – much too obviously on purpose – and scored them a break after hours of nonstop practicing. And also made sure that a proper noise barrier of craziness prevented anyone from trying to actually see what they were doing.

Yoongi noted to thank him later as he was catching his breath, leaning the side of his face against the cool mirror when suddenly Hoseok slid down next him with a soft hey.

‘Hey.’ Yoongi greeted, probably seeing the younger properly for the first time that day and he did not let the chance slip by. He looked way too good with his damp hair and showing off his arms was just for bonus…

Hoseok’s chuckle was the one that brought him back. ‘Hyung, you are making me blush…’

‘Should be your turn already.’ Yoongi muttered, glancing up to meet Hoseok’s amused eyes. ‘Can I ask you something?’

‘Sure.’

‘What do you even like about me?’ Yoongi asked possibly the last unanswered question he had that prevented him from jumping head first into his feelings.

‘Hmm hard to put it into words but I will try…’ Hoseok said, settling against the mirror eyes never leaving Yoongi’s. ‘I like how your eyes disappear when you smile, how fierce you are when you rap, how passionate you are when you work.’

Yoongi never knew Hoseok could sound so serious when he was smiling that way at him.

‘I like how you try your best to convey your feelings even if you don’t know the proper way and would just love to curse us all out. I adore how you dance silly dances with us and your bluntness.’ the younger continued, lifting his hand up and let it ghost over Yoongi’s cheek. ‘I love your voice especially in the morning and your frown when they put too much make up on you… I just like you. A lot.’

Yoongi never knew hearing such words would make him feel dizzy from happiness. Guess it was time he found out and reached up to secure Hoseok’s hand against his cheek.

‘You are way too precious.’ he said finally after sitting there in silence for a while. ‘And crazy... For liking me of all people.’

‘I hear that a lot, hyung. Shouldn’t I stick to my image till the end?’ Hoseok asked, laughing in a way that made Yoongi smile in return.

‘I could just kiss you right now.’ Yoongi blurted out, making Hoseok laugh louder.

‘I don’t think it’s the right place for such a good idea.’ the younger smiled wide as Yoongi’s brain caught up with his mouth… that resulted in yet another blush.

A blush that turned darker when Hoseok leaned closer with a mischievous glint in his yes. ‘How about later?’

‘Hey, you two! Not in front of the maknaes!’ Namjoon hollered making Yoongi jump as their little barrier popped and he finally noticed their openly staring audience.

‘You promised.’ Yoongi said, released Hoseok’s hand to stand up and leveled the full force of his glare at the younger. ‘Yah, Kim Namjoon I’m your hyung, don’t speak that way to me!’

‘Yoongi-hyung is finally back.’ Jimin chuckled only to yelp as Yoongi turned his death glare towards him. ‘Hoseok-hyung! Save us!’

Hoseok just laughed merrily at their expense and grabbed Yoongi’s hand. ‘How about now instead? You are way too irresistible when you are all riled up.’ he whispered and led the older out of the practice room quickly, successfully managing to stun him silent.

He still couldn’t find his voice when they were already in the relative safety of their little recording studio, the way the lamp casted shadows on Hoseok’s face was not helping either.

But who needed words even… he just wanted to kiss Hoseok properly for the first time.

So he leaned up, his hands in the front of Hoseok’s wife-beater and pressed their lips together. It was gentle, just the slightest bit awkward and so wonderfully addicting… even more so when Hoseok kissed back, showing all the intensity and fervor he normally saved for dancing.

Lips parting for better access they both pressed in for more, Yoongi’s hands releasing the younger’s top for the sake of tangling them into wild dark locks and Hoseok’s own held him close by his waist.

He was quickly becoming dizzy as his heart pounded hard and Yoongi’s only rational thought was that he did not want to stop kissing Hoseok… only he had to, his breathing more erratic then when he had finished his most ferocious practices.

‘Yoongi-hyung.’ Hoseok breathed out in a voice that sent a shiver down his spine, his name never sounding better before.

‘Yeah?’

‘Can we say that you made up your mind?’ the younger asked, his hands massaging a path up Yoongi’s back.

‘I don’t think I have better proof as of yet.’ Yoongi answered, glancing up into deep dark eyes.

‘So… what now?’ Hoseok asked, nuzzling their noses together.

‘It’s kind of unrealistic if you ask me.’

‘Same… kiss me again just to make sure.’ Hoseok said, making Yoongi grin wide.

‘I thought you would never ask.’ he said, leaning up to seal their lips together again.

 

‘I won. Pay up.’ Taehyung said, as the others tried to eavesdrop in front of the firmly closed door of the recording studio.

The loud complains that followed earned them a quickly opening door and a furious looking Yoongi.

‘Do you mind?’ he asked in a deadly quiet voice and the laughter of the others echoed through the halls of the company as they all made a mad dash for the practice room.


Well I just could not miss out on embarassed Yoongi :D

Dedicated to my lovely friend who listened to my rumblings at ungodly hours~