Lucky

A Written Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Soulmate,

 First of all, I would like to say "Hello!" You're probably wondering what my name is, right? Ei~ don't worry. We'll get to that somewhere later. Anyways, I hope you don't mind me calling you 'Soulmate', right? Good. So soulmate, my name's Byun Baekhyun. I'm 19 years old and... well, I'll reserve some of my info for my next mails. But I live Daejeon right now. And I know that it's not that far from Seoul. Do you get my point? You do? Great. (I sounded like a weirdo, didn't I? Haha. Sorry for that.)

Oh! And I know that your name's Jung Jei. And I really hope that you're a girl.

That's it for now. I'll be waiting for your mail so... don't keep me waiting!

- Baekhyun

 

 

--

 

Dear Baekhyun,

   To be honest, I smiled while reading your letter. I guess you're lucky because the Jung Jei that received your letter was a girl. And I'm 18 years old. Just a year younger than you.

I would really like to meet you personally. But for now, how about you describe yourself first? But not how you looked like. I want to know your personality. Till then, take care, Baekhyun ssi.

 - Jei

 

Present Day:

 

"So the girl's name is Jei, Mom?" My daughter asked, anticipation visible from her eyes.

"Mhm." I hummed and nodded. My lips curled into a smile as I continued the story. 

 

 

 

November 21 : Past : Age 23

 

The girl just got off from work. After changing back to her normal clothes, Jei rushed off the store and went to her usual place.

She smiled as her back came in contact with the grass. Thinking about things, she reminisced her teenage life. Her lips curled into a smile, remembering how Kai and her turned to be really good friends despite the latter's constant attempts in trying to flirt with her. And how she exchanged letters with a guy whom she hadn't met that time named Baekhyun. And last of all, the guy that never failed to irritate her.

 

"My guess was right. You're here again. Yeobeo, it's getting a bit dark outside. Come. Let me take you home." A guy said. Jei nodded as she stood up and patted her skirt. She smiled at her boyfriend when he affectionately placed an arm around her waist. 

"But before that, let's have dinner first. I'm starving." He pleaded with those poodle eyes. Jei nodded and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Being a cutesy boyfriend this time huh?" She said with a chuckle. The guy took her hand and intertwined their fingers.

 

 

August 21 | Past | Age 18

 

"I still don't know why you're sticking with me even though you have a lot of beautiful admirers. Me? A boring and plain piece of human being? Don't waste your time on me, Kai." She said. The girl's obviously low of herself. Kai sighed as he ruffled her hair.

"Meh. I'm pretty much attached to you now." He said with a shrug. The girl sighed, a sign of defeat.

"Fine." She blankly said. Kai got a bit saddened by her behavior. She's always like that. Acting like she doesn't care. Will he manage to enter her heart when she's not giving him a chance?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter