The Sunbae

A Written Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Present Day |

  "Mom." I heard my daughter call as she peek at the door of my room.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"I'm bored. Can you tell me a story?" She asked with pleading eyes. I nodded while caressing her hair.

"Okay. I'll tell you a story about how this certain girl fell in love." I said. She nodded and smiled with anticipation.

"It all started with a letter..."

 

***

| April 8 : Past : Age 18 |

 

I was walking at the sidewalk as I stare at the object I'm currently holding. I received a mail from an unknown sender today. 

As I was in deep thoughts, thinking about who the sender might be, a strong wind blew, causing the paper to fly off my grip.

Without thinking, I dashed to it's direction and tried to catch it. But because of my lack of height, I failed.

I sighed as the wind blew again, causing the paper to float higher.

I jumped and jumped with all my might. But still, it wasn't enough. Then suddenly, a hand got a hold of the letter.

 

"Is this yours?" The mysterious guy asked. She nodded and faintly smiled. She waited for him to give the letter back to her. But a couple of seconds had passed and the guy was still holding the letter tightly in his hands.

"Can I have it now?" She impatiently asked. She knew that her tone sounded a bit rude. She's getting impatient at how the guy was doing nothing and was just smirking at her.

"Since I helped you, you wouldn't mind to eat breakfast with me, right?" He asked. The girl looked at him with wide eyes and slightly parted lips.

"You want me to eat breakfast with you? Me? A stranger you've just met at the sidewalk a few minutes ago?" She questioned. The guy nodded and looked at her with anticipation. The girl sighed and placed both of her hands in her pocket.

"I'm sorry mister. Buy I still have a school to attend to. Thanks for your kindness, by the way." She took the letter off of his hand then walked off.

 

Observing the girl's retreating figure, the guy realized something. They're both attending the same school. A smile formed on his lips and he immediately dashed back to his house.

 

***

 

The girl was greeted by her friends the moment she entered their room.

"What's with that face?" One of her friends asked when she noticed the bothered look on her face.

"I met a guy on my way here because he helped me with something. And in return, he asked me eat breakfast with him but I declined his offer. I mean, duh! Who in their right mind would ask a stranger with them?" The girl stated. After hearing her little tantrum, all of her friends laughed and patted her back.

"That's the reason why you've never had a boyfriend. You always think too much. Anyways, mind descr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter