jongin's first steps

baby jongin growing up

luhan tried to stop jongin's hands from reaching his hair again, because his baby boy had been pulling at his newly-dyed dirty blonde and even though they were only heading to the mall, luhan had convinced sehun to wait for him for just a few more minutes to do his hair because i have to look good all the time.
(sehun then heard something along the lines of 'but i still look good all the time, and sometimes even i dont see the point,' and sehun wished that he had a self confidence level as high as luhan's.)

 

 

luhan pouted childishly, softly mumbling, 'jonginnie, stop, that hurts appa,' but jongin just continued to giggle softly and pull on luhan's hair tighter. sehun winced because he could see jongin pulling on his spouse's roots, and ouch that must have hurt like a , so he carefully pries jongin's fingers open from his tight grasp on luhan's hair and took the baby away from luhan. sehun then gently squats on the floor in a corner with luhan beside him, jongin in a standing position in his arms. and softly, he gently reprimands him.

'jongin, you cant do that anymore, okay? it hurts people, and you dont want to hurt appa do you?'

jongin suddenly replied with a squeal and pushed a leg forward, almost tumbling over if it wasnt for sehun's tight grasp on him. sehun's heart tried to beat in a normal pace again, because he was so worried that he wouldnt catch jongin as his child fell right in front of him. but of course, luhan wasnt of much help to his poor heart as he widened his eyes comically, mouth in a wide 'o' as he squats down too.

'SEHUNNIE LOOK JONGIN IS TRYING TO WALK'
 

and sehun wants to reply yeah babe, i know, he's right in front of me, once he calmed down but as soon as he got back to his senses, he too got excited because jongin got thrilled by whatever he just did with his legs and he did it again and again and again, until he can take two full steps before he tumbles in his daddy's tight hold.

 

and just like that, jongin took his first steps, in a corner of a mall in a situation where jongin should have gotten scolded for his actions but instead got praised because he did things with his legs and he still doesnt understand what made his appas happy, but he liked them smiling in pride anyway.