jongin's first word

baby jongin growing up

sehun sighed as luhan huffed, crossed his arms and turned his back from him. he rolled his eyes and gave out another exasperated sigh – the third one in the minute, before slouching and allowing his body to mould against the couch.

he had just arrived home from a tired day at work and as he started tugging on his tie to take it off, his lover of five years, luhan, pounced onto his back and started childishly sobbing about how jongin wouldn’t call him daddy.

 

and jongin just barely reached one and a half years old.

sehun then started to calmly explain to luhan that it'll take time for a baby to talk and he couldn't force him to do it, but luhan had mistaken his explanation as sehun going against him. the childish twenty-four year old then told his husband off and started sulking, which led to the situation they were facing now.

 

sehun wiggled uncomfortably in the couch and thought about the amount of fights he had with luhan these days. luhan became more crazily obsessed of being jongin's first word and he had bribed jongin into saying 'daddy lu' with various toys and unhealthy food, in hopes that jongin would react in his favour.
jongin, however, accepted those things but did not utter a single word besides his 'kyaah's and 'mumph's... which.. luhan found adorable as well.

not much complaints there.

luhan had also become more sensitive and trusted no one to be near his child, in fear of the said baby to give his first word to mean, evil strangers, especially his best friend baekhyun.

 

he had officially given up with his crazy spouse the moment luhan had screamed in horror, something that goes along the lines of 'nO DON'T EVEN TRY OH SEHUN HIS FIRST WORD IS MINE', when he saw jongin laughing adorably while pulling sehun's hair, with the baby on his lap.

 

 

it was only a few months later when sehun got the shock of his life when he heard a scream while he was in the bathroom, forcing him to hastily wrap a towel around him and run out, wet and dripping, only to see luhan, with exaggerated tears in his eyes and a huge grin on his face.

'HE SAID IT, SEHUN. HE SAID APPA LU. I SWEAR HE DID. I AM CRYING I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY ALL MY LIFE ITS FINALLY HERE TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY GOD BLESS EVERYONE', was what convinced sehun that no, there was no serial murderer in his house and no, luhan did not accidentally drop jongin onto the floor or something.

sehun had given him a small smile and congratulated him, which luhan paid no attention to as he tried to get jongin to say 'appa lu' again, just to prove to sehun, you know, just in case sehun didn't believe him (sehun didn't actually care.)

'SAY IT AGAIN BABY SAY APPA LU AND I WILL GIVE YOU LOTS OF CANDIES AND COOKIES AND MAKE YOU SO SQUISHY'

luhan then squealed again because jongin had giggled rather very cutely, which tugged a smile on sehun's lips as well. it was adorable how his family was getting along really well, and he definitely does not mind coming back to work to a sight like this every day (since luhan will probably stop obsessing over jongin's first word after that.)

'appahhh luuh,' jongin had said again, before cutely smiling at luhan. luhan had screeched again, and jongin is so used to it that he doesn't even cry due to noise anymore, and he struggled to poke on luhan's cheeks.

 

sehun smiled and was about to go back to the bathroom because it was getting chilly and the small towel around him didn't help to keep him warm, until he stopped in his tracks when a small, baby-ish voice had said something along the lines of 'appahh shehun', followed with his adorable baby laughter.

'OH MY GOSH LUHAN HE CALLED OUT TO ME OH MY IJIERBFUIIFUSD'

 

 

'...stop over reacting sehun youre crazy'

 

jongin looked up from what he was staring at and giggled at his daddies.