Flower

A Flower a Day

10 years-old

I was walking to the park late at night since mom and dad were yelling at Bora unnie for coming home late.  It was about 11 at night.  My parents tucked me in at 8 and I heard Bora come home around 10.  Since I knew that my parents weren't going to come back into my room, I decided to sneak out through my window.  I'm glad that my house is only a one story building.  I didn't want to hear them yell at unnie... I don't really like when they yell. 

Once I got to the park, I just sat at the bench under a nice tree.  As I sat down I heard something rustle in the bushes.  I started geting scared.  "Is someone there?" I asked.  No answer.  I asked again.  Still no answer. 

I only stayed at the park for a little while longer before I left to go home.  I had a feeling that someone was there with me.  It really creeped me out. 

The next day I was brave enough to go back out at the same time.  This time Bora unnie was arguing with my mom about something.  I don't know what, but I just wanted to leave.  So, again I snuck out through my window. 

When I sat down on the bench under the tree again, I noticed a beautiful flower sitting there right next to me.  I looked around and wondered, if this flower was here all day, why wouldn't anyone notice it?  I slowly picked it up and smelt the freshness of it.  The smell was just amazing... just like a wonderful spring day.  I looked around again and took the flower with me. 

At school, there was a new student that was going to attend my class.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Shin Dongjin," the new student said.

The class greeted him.  Then the teacher made him sit on the far right, farthest from the windows.  While I sat on the far left by the windows.  I didn't really think of him much.  He was just like any other student, but the girls in my class were all just giggling and talking about him.  I admit he is kind of cute though. 

At night, it seemed like my unnie and parents always faught about something.  And as usual I snuck out.  This time when I sat down on the bench, another flower was there, just a different color.  It was still as beautiful as much as the first one that I took.  And just like the first one, I took this one too.

Everyday I came out and I always saw a flower.  I really like it.  But, I'm always wondering who is giving it to me, or maybe it's meant for someone else and I'm taking them.... oh well, I guess.

13 years-old

Since that one day, no matter what I'd go out to get the flower.  Even in the winter, when it's freezing out.  They eventually die, but everyday I get a new one.  And I still haven't figured out who it was.  I really want to thank them. 

My parents and sister don't fight anymore, but when we're all in the same room it's all akward.  Just the room sense just feels different and tense.

15 years-old

On the first day of school, a bus was coming from down a hill as I was walking across the street.  I didn't notice it because I was talking with some of my friends and no one warned me.  When I finally noticed it, some other people started screaming, the bus was already about 2 yards away from me.  Then I felt someone push me from behind.  I fell to the ground and looked behind me.  It was Shin Dongjin.  The bus hit him.  He was just lying there not moving.  I tried to get to him, but everyone crowded him and then I couldn't see him.  An ambulence came and took him away.  Only if I was paying attention I would've noticed and no one would've gotten hurt...  It's all my fault, I thought. 

That night when I went to  the bench I didn't see a flower.  What happened?  I asked myself.  Did something happen?  The next day was the same... no flower waiting there for me.  As time went by, there was still no flower awaiting for me.  I always wondered if a flower will be waiting for me in the future.

About 3 months passed since the accident and Donjin was better.  He had a broken arm and some scratches, but that was all.  I always wanted to talk to him and thank him, but he's always getting crowded with girls.  So, I had no chance, but I did catch him looking at me a couple of times.  His stare was so sweet and I could tell he wanted to talk to me, too.

16 years-old

One day, when my parents were yelling at Bora unnie, again, I snuck out.  This time when I went to the bench, it was there.  A beautiful flower was there.  It was the first time in a while I saw a flower sitting there.  I felt so happy that it was there.  There was nothing else in the world that I would've liked to see.  Along with the flower was a note this time.  It said:

Hi there.  Did you miss the flowers?  Hehe... I'm sorry.  You must've been waiting for a flower for a while ~you~-ah.  I missed giving you a flower everyday.  But I'm back now.  :)

Awe!  I thought.  But who are you? Why are you giving this to me?  I wondered.  I ran back to my house and grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil.  Then I ran back to the bench.  I wrote and then took my flower and left.  The note I wrote said:

Hi.  Thank you for the flowers.  :)  I really like them... but I'm really curious how you know my name.  And who are you?  I really want to see you in person and thank you. 

The next day when I went to the park, there was another note for me.  It said:

Your welcome!  :)  I know it's not much, but I... I just wanted to give you something.  Oh, are you really that curious?  Hmm... maybe you might be able to figure out who I am.  I'll give you some clues I guess.  Hehe.  But, I've known you for a while.  I don't know if you know me though.

Hmm... I thought.  Who is this person?  But, this might be fun.  I hope I figure out who this person is, soon.  :)

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hihi!! here's my one-shot for you guys!!! do you like it?  if you like it then i can make a continuation of the story :)  but only if you guys want it...  but anyways please go subscribe, comment, and upvote my fanfic if you enjoyed it!!  And go check out my other stories!! I also have another Dongjin fanfic that's longer :)  soo yeah.

 

THANK YOU sooo much!!

~Angelflyer