2/2

Wake Me Up

Hoya's beauty was beyond perfection. You have never seen a more flawless android in your life, let alone worked with... or fall in love in love with one. You just wanted to reach out to cup his face. His dark eyes burned deep in your memory as he stared intensely at you.

“This will spoil plans. Everyone's going to be so mad at me, and they'll want to stop the project and probably deactivate you and everything's going to—”

“I don’t care.”

“But they—”

“I really don’t care.”

“But I do have someone else that I love,” you clenched your jaw and sighed.

Hoya didn't falter one bit as he said, his voice full of sincerity, “I love you even without a heart. Doesn't that prove how much I love you?” Hoya wanted you to look at him so he called your first name.

You swallowed hard, squeezing your eyes shut as you let a few more tears fall. It was the first time ever that he called you by that. It was obvious that the formality between you two no longer existed. It was true. You felt Hoya's feelings for you grow ever since you started to see him everyday for personal social lessons. You also liked him, too.

Hoya took you by the shoulders and leaned in, lifting himself off his chair and placing his soft lips on yours. It was so real. You didn’t pull away, and you held his face instead. It was a soft, memorable kiss. You were stunned.

Finally, you drew back, and you both stood up, holding each other’s faces your hands.

“For you, and with only you, I can feel anything in the world,” Hoya said. You were amazed at how he knew about such things.

You shook your head. "I don't know how you learned of these feelings..."

"You taught me," Hoya said. "Indirectly. And when I visit the library to read, I went to the fiction section..."

"But that was banned, wasn't it..?" You were surprised.

"I figured that there was a good reason they did so, so I just sneaked in and stole a few books. They were books of romance."

You chewed on your lower lip before continuing, "Hoya, this is... I just... I don't know."

"I know how to kiss, too..."

You blushed.

Hoya ignored your loss of words and continued, “You are the one who brought me to life, not the others. I have the right over my own feelings and you inspired me to love. I don't know why you humans want to create androids as human-like as possible but you want to prevent us from feeling love..? How are we even going to love our fans?"

You were very much tongue-tied. He was speaking so much truth.

Hoya gazed at you sincerely. "I love you. We have to go somewhere else.”

You looked at him, frowning, confused. "What?"

“Let’s run away,” he suggested.

Her eyes widened. “We can’t!”

Hoya questioned, “Why not?”

“There’s too much to risk!”

“Those people are rich. They can make another android if they want.”

“But…”

“And there’s one more thing.”

You eyed Hoya inquisitively.

“They're making the rest of Infinite, too, right?”

"The leader Sunggyu has been finished and will be activated tomorrow. Sungyeol is tall, so he's the next to be completed... Slowly, I guess. Haven't you spoken to the visual L?"

"I have," Hoya nodded. "I told him about love. I gave him one of the books..."

"WHAT?!" You gasped.

"So that he might end up like me...” Hoya eyed you intently. "He's already questioning me. I'm telling him everything and how I feel about you, but I won't mention it's actually you. I want him to know about love."

You stared at him. "Why..?"

“So, they’d have six other androids to hunt down once they all fall in love,” Hoya smiled genuinely, a first since the moment he entered the room thirty minutes ago.

You released a little smile at Hoya's thoughtfulness. For a moment, you just stared at him, and him at you. Then with firm hands, he took your face and kissed you again, more passionately. Unexpectedly, he had a spasmodic moment and collapsed to the floor. It was too much for him to take suddenly. You gasped, getting down to help Hoya up. He didn’t recover, and you slapped him hard. With a jolt, Hoya finally jerked up. You laughed softly at him.

“Let’s take this slowly,” you said.

Hoya gave a small smile and got up to sit on the chair again with your help. Once more, you took a deep breath and leaned in to place your lips. It was unreal but perfect. Just like him.

 

--------

 

Thank you for reading :) I have other Infinite one shots, a few s, a few AUs... Have a look xx