Attraction & power go hand in hand.

Affliction

 

         

 

        Attraction & power goes hand in hand;
        _______________________________________________________________________________
                                           "I was raised to be charming, not sincere."

   


“This city is exquitise. I don’t know why my mother despises everything that has to do with this country.”

“Well, your highness, your mother has always been a city woman. The whole Kingdom of K is designed by renaissance inspired artists.  And, as you can see, this is what the Grand Duchery of M lacks.”

Their conversation is cut short as the dukes and magnates spot Kai.

“We’re so glad you could join us, our majesty. “ One of the dukes comments.

“I’m already here, it would be a pity to miss out on a feast like this.” King Kai answers.

“And you won’t be disappointed, my majesty. This feast will be the main object of everyone’s talk for the next weeks.”

“Because I am here?”

“Not only you, my highness, but Mrs Oh as well.”

“And that is..?” the young lad asks curiously.

 “Jung’s youngest daughter. She’s the wife of diseased duke and the daughter of the most famous magnates of the Grand Duchery of M. Even widowed, she still known as the most beautiful woman in
Europe. A feast isn’t consider a feast if Krystal isn’t participating.”

“The most beautiful lady in Europe? ” King Kai raised an inquiring eyebrow at this “Never thought I’d meet a man with a nerve to tell preposterous lies to the King.”

“Believe me, my majesty, I would never lie to you. But people talk and I listen.”

“Well maybe you should stop listening to things that don’t concern you.”
 

“My mother was right.” Kai says as he approaches Luhan and Minseok, “These people aren’t that bright.  Can you believe them? Claiming that here lives the most beautiful woman of the whole Europe.” Kai laughs. “But then I guess  it would only be appropriate for me to greet the star of this feast.”

Finding the magnate’s daughter wasn’t that hard. At the other side of the ballroom stood a young lady in a golden dress surrounded by a cluster of men. Her long dark locks framed her face as she offered a polite distant smile to those surrounding her. Defeated by curiosity the king has decided to see the beauty for himself and approached the group.

“Are you sure that this is a feast? It looks like the lady has lost her soul years ago. Why don’t you spare her from your empty words and take your discussion somewhere else.” Kai says as he motions the men to leave them alone. “You must be the infamous beauty of this Duchery. ”

“Well you look old enough not to believe everything you’re told, my lord.”

“Ah, so you do know me.”

“I live under the magnate’s roof, how can I not?”

“Well I hope my appearance is welcomed.”

“It will be when you invite me for a dance.”

“I don’t know if I should. Wouldn’t want a furious ghost of your deceased husband follow me to homeland.”

“I’m sure he won’t mind, my lord.” she offered him a sultry smile.

“Well then, lead the way.”


Meeting Krystal in parties has become the King’s habit. The young lady has never failed to amaze him with her knowledge and talents. Soon enough the young lad has become spellbound by the magnate’s daughter and the first snow has hit the ground.

To say that nobody missed the change in the lord after he came back from the trip would be a lie.

Back in the place where he used to feel at ease, the young lad is now becoming more restless as days go by. Caught up the web of attraction he forgot about the queen’s keen eye. Thankfully dukes Luhan and Minseok were smart enough not to tell her about the king’s new interest.

However, the queen had other concerns. Her son was at the age of marriage which has presented Taeyeon the perfect opportunity to create allies with strong kingdoms and expand her power to other lands in Europe.

As the queen continued searching for a maiden of a powerful kingdom Kai has done some thinking of his own. Finally deciding that the weekly letters aren’t enough the young lad has made a decision that would change his mother’s plans.

“Mother, I am moving to Grand Duchery of M.”

        _______________________________________________________________________________

 

        (A/N).

 

        I'll just act like I totally did not forget that I left two chapters unpublished. Anyways, hopefully, the next update won't take a decade to show up..
        
         

 

       layout credit: ( h a r l e q u i n. )