The woman in power.

Affliction

 

         

 

        The woman in power;
        _______________________________________________________________________________
                                           power doesn't corrupt people, people corrupt power.

 

       Ever since the man created the sword, he created the war. Starting from little tribe arguments and expanding to wars between countries, fighting became easier and more frequent. Because of the increasing numbers of wars and attacks from neighborhood countries, Grand Duchy of M and Kingdom of K have signed an Exo union which stated that they would help each other in time of need and agreed to have one leader for both countries, but let both Grand Duchy of M and Kingdom of K have their independence.
Now, fifty years later, the union is standing strong and everyone is happy with the way things are. But this year fall comes earlier than it’s used to and a certain woman dressed in a dark maroon gown has taken it as a sign for something new.


“All of the leaves have fallen already.” Taeyeon began “They’ve given their place for new ones to grow.” She closes the balcony the door and turns her head to face  her husband “Don’t you think it’s time for you to do the same?”


At the other side of the vast room coloured by black, gold and maroon furniture, sits the  great leader of Exo. The fifth son of the SM ruler Sooman, King Suho is a successful monarch and a great patron of arts. Underneath the heavy golden crown rests a soul that has been ruling the kingdom for the last 50 years.


“I am a great leader.” He says.


A sigh heaves in the room as the queen approaches her seated husband. Her maroon gown blends with the sofa as she takes a seat beside King Suho and continues speaking:


“I’ve never questioned your abilities. And I know that if you were given the opportunity you would rule Exo forever.” She rests her hand at the back of Suho’s neck “But would the country be pleased by that? Imagine: an old man with old views and beliefs ruling a country that’s trying to compete with the whole Europe. What a sight…” The Queen noted with slight amusement as her husband ponders in silence. Noticing his “In order to succeed we need to make changes: changes in the culture, changes in the country and of course” she places her head on the King’s shoulder as she continues speaking” Changes in the throne.”


“I am perfectly capable of taking care of Exo!” King Suho breaks his calm posture in an outrage.


“Joonmyeon.” Taeyeon silenced him in an annoyed tone.

The room falls in silence as the king and the queen stare at each other intensively.
“Everything and everyone has it’s deadline. And it looks like it’s time for yours.”




As the sun is peeking out behind the towers of the castle a young man is waiting for the servants to load the carriage. His posture is confident and commanding, like a born leader’s – the approaching figure proudly notes in her head.

“You know you don’t actually have to go. Luhan and Minseok can take care of everything for you.” The newcomer voices out her thoughts as she takes a stand beside the young lad.

“I know, mother. But as the new leader I feel the need to introduce myself to the people of Grand Duchery of M.”

The ends of her lips curl as the Queen utters a soundless chuckle. “I always knew you would be a great king. It’s such a pity that your father can’t see you like this. So responsible and honourable.” She turns to face him. “Alright, you have a long trip ahead of you. Make sure to take a bath everyday. God knows what kind of diseases run there. And don’t forget to remind them that they depend on us.”

“Mother, this is an union of equality.” He states.

“Of course it is.” Taeyeon offers him a fixed smile “Now don’t stay too long or else I will come visit you there. I haven’t gotten used to the emptiness of the castle after your father died.”

He bows down and kisses the back of the Queen’s hand. “Don’t worry, mother. I will be back before the first snow falls.” He offers her a smile as he straightens up and moves towards the carriage.

After the few minutes of final adjustments the carriage starts moving. Queen Taeyeon watches as the vehicle disappears in the created storm of dust and motions one of the servants to approach her.

“Inform Minseok and Luhan to pack they’re bags. They are leaving in an hour.”

“But where are they going, my majesty?” the servant questions the Queen.

“To the Grand Duchery of M. My son may be a fool, but I will never be fooled.”

        _______________________________________________________________________________

 

        (A/N).

 

        well first chapter is up! Hopefully this gave you the feeling of what kind of story it will be. Thoughts and remarks are appreaciated. Until next time! : )
         chapter going to be probably short like this because i'm having problems with my new laptop : (

 
         

 

       layout credit: ( h a r l e q u i n. )