Reality is Painful

Sunday Monday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was staring blankly at my mom's plate before a loud cough escaped which turned my attention back to the reality. I gazed at the ddeokbokki in my plate which I had always been dying for, but tonight, I was already full and I wondered what of. Of the food that I had just taken 2 bites or the whole thing that happened today. It just felt wrong.. 

"Naeun, you okay?" asked my mom in her concerned tone. I raised my head up to face her and realized that everyone at the table, my dad, my mom and my younger sister, was staring at me cautiously. I sent her a friendly smile before opening my mouth to reply, "I'm okay." in my softest tone. 

"You sure?" my mom asked with a cocked brow. I sent her a few small nods before shifting my gaze back to my food.

 

♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

 

I was walking to my seat which was at the back of the class worriedly and tried to think of something else, anything else actually, to keep my mind busy but no, the more I tried, the worse it became. 

"HEY" a shriek came behind me and I flinched agressively in extreme surprise.

"H-e-ey" I stuttered and gave Yookyung a nervous look.

"You look shocked." she informed as if I didn't know myself. 

"Yeah, because I am."

"What of? Were you thinking of something?"

"Yeah, I was."

"What of? Tell me." she demanded before giving a mischevious expression.

 

♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

 

Morning break came and I was in the canteen with my friends as usual.

"Unnie, did anything for your boyfriend yesterday?" Namjoo asked as a teasing expression was formed on her face, with a tight smile and narrowed eyes. 

"No, I didn't. Because I don't have a bloody boyfriend" I replied. 

"You sure?" asked Namjoo in her teasing tone. 

As I was about to reply, my peripheral caught people rapidly twisting their bodies to look at the right side of the canteen. I looked up and Myungsoo was caught in the view immediately. Without his friend. But with someone whose arm was linked with his. And that someone was a girl. I shifted my gaze back to Myungsoo, to reassure that it was really him. As much as I wished it woudn't be him, the reality never failed to disappoint me as the scene of Kim Myungsoo smiling brightly with his arm linked with a girl's was shown to me. The 'thud' of my heart falling down from its place was so loud that I thought it would be heard by everyone in the canteen. Unknowingly, my breath stopped and my heart was hammering against my chest in a dangerous speed. 

"What the..." came from Chorong's unnie mouth which thankfully, snapped me back to reality. I started breathing again and felt more and more alive as time slowly passed by and my brain started fuctioning again. What is the actual ?

The earlier girl flipped her long brown-dyed wavy hair charmingly before flashing the crowd smile, yeah the smile that those popular girls in the movies give. The friendly but obviously fake one. The glitters from her silver fancy shoes sent the millions of sparkles in all directions and echoed the canteen with the sound of its sharp heels poking the hard floor. She seductively bit her red lower lip as she tightened the grip on Myungsoo's arm which pulled them even closer, too close. What is the actual ? was running repeatedly in my head.

They were coming closer and closer to my table and for the millionth time, I prayed that I was invisible. So that we didn't have to face each other, so that we wouldn't feel awkward. The girl's face was targeting mine as she kept her eyes locked with mine and the closer she got to me, the bigger the smile of satisfactory on her face got. Their arms were kept locked along the way until she got fairly close to me.

"Hey" she said to me as hers left hand was quickly raised u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter