Chapter 5

Just A Little Help

Mina looked up from her computer, startled to have been awaken from her reverie. She was done with her work a while ago and was just waiting for Kyuhyun to call her to start their appointment.

"Uh-yeah, give me a minute."

She shut down her own computer and looked up at Kyuhyun.

"Where do we go?"

Kyuhyun glanced around. He didn't think of that.

"Hmmm, the conference room?" He suggested,  "I'll have to present it during the meeting so its better to be familiar with that computer."

Nodding, Mina walked towards the conference room. Once inside, she grabbed two chairs and pulled them towards the computer that was at the front of the room.

"It'll take a while to set up...So why don't you give me a rough idea of what is it you're having problems with?"

Kyuhyun stared at her.

Should I do it now? Later? When?

Mina looked at him curiously and glanced back at the computer again.

"Actually..."

Looking up, Mina was surprised to see the seriousness of Kyuhyun's face.

"I'm not having any problems with the software. I asked you to meet me because I need to tell you something. Something important."

Mina's face was unreadable but she did not say a word and Kyuhyun took it as his sign to continue.

"I like you... I like you a lot. Don't ask me how, don't ask me why. I don't know when it began. One day we were just colleagues working together and before I knew it, as we spent more time with each other, I realized you're one special girl and I'm really drawn to you. You have such a beautiful, genuine smile and when you laugh, I wish I could listen to it forever. You're never one to back down from your opinions and I really think you're a wonderful, wonderful girl." Kyuhyun paused from his speech and took a deep breath.

"And I was wondering if we could start seeing each other romantically?"

Silence.

Kyuhyun felt his heart racing and knew that if the silence continued on, his heart will explode out of his chest. The next few seconds were torturous as he awaited her response.

"Mina, I think it's your turn to say something..." he whispered meekly.

Mina opened and spoke, her voice shaky with emotion.

"I don't know what to say."

Smiling nervously, Kyuhyun took a step closer and reached out for her hands.

Warmth shot through Mina's body as Kyuhyun held on firmly to her, keeping his eyes focused on her.

"You could always start with answering my question."

"Start seeing each other romantically? You mean... As a couple?"

"I'd like that..." Kyuhyun answered.

Mina suddenly let go of his hands and wrapped her arms around his neck, surprising Kyuhyun as she pulled him forward and tiptoed to hug him tightly.

"What took you so long?" She whined as she moulded into Kyuhyun's body, refusing to believe that she was not dreaming.

"I've liked you ever since I saw you. I admit it was a mad infatuation but soon I found out what kind of guy you really were...But you kept sending me mixed signals..." Mina began complaining about Kyuhyun's confusing behavior for the past few months, refusing to let go of him. Kyuhyun allowed her to grumble on, relishing the fact that he was now hugging her and that she was not resisting.

As soon as she finished, Kyuhyun pulled away from the hug and straightened himself.

"I take it you're saying yes?"

Cupping Mina's face with his hands, he forced her to look up at him, giving her a small smile.

"I'd be stupid to say no, would I?"

Grinning at her, he leant his forehead against hers and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth and the joy he was feeling as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend.

They remained silent for a few more moments until Mina broke the silence.

"Why today, though? I wouldn't have thought of you as one who'd like to do things because of such a cliché celebration?"

"Wouldn't it make it easier for us to remember our anniversary?"

Rolling her eyes, Mina tightened her hug around Kyuhyun and rested her head on his chest. She took in his his scent- white musk from The Body Shop- and sighed contentedly in his arms.

"If you didn't get Tina to pass me that gift of yours, I wouldn't have thought of speaking to you today."

It took a few moments before Mina realized what he said.

Gift?!

"Strawberry print boxers... That has got to be my favorite gift ever."

Mina bit her lip as she put two and two together. While she wanted to tell Kyuhyun that giving him the boxers wasn't her idea, she realized he said that it was what made him decide to speak to her about his feelings. She decided to just bite her tongue and to thank and confront Tina when she saw her next.

"Though I have to tell you, I'm more of a briefs guy, not boxers."

Mina turned red as an image of Kyuhyun in a pair of Calvin Klein briefs instantly hijacked her mind.

She buried her face into Kyuhyun's chest in an attempt to hide the blush as she shrieked, "I know I'm your girlfriend now but that was a bit TMI!

Laughing, Kyuhyun began caressing her hair as they continued in their embrace, the computer and the chairs laid forgotten.

 


 

Epilogue

 

It had been eight months since Mina and Kyuhyun started going out. The office celebrated when they heard the news and the sisters both agreed that the boxers plan shall remain a secret from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun wouldn't like knowing that his personal assistant knew his preference of briefs over boxers.

The couple, though very much in love, tried to keep their romance out of the office. But Kyuhyun could never resist the temptation to send her a sweet (or when he's feeling bold; a naughty) text or two, causing Mina to blush and her fellow accountants to incessantly.

Tina could not have been any more pleased with the outcome of her bold act and uses the fact that Kyuhyun is dating her younger sister as an excuse to occasionally boss.

"So what's the date tonight? Movie? Dinner? Walk in the park?"

Tina was pretty updated with her sister's dating life as she had personal access to Kyuhyun's calendar, in addition to her sister's updates.

Kyuhyun didn't mind but he felt the need to impress Tina each time he took Mina out. Tina was definitely doing her job as an over-protective sister well.

"I was thinking of inviting her to my place and to cook for her. I'm taking half day, remember?"

Tina's eyes twinkled mischievously.

"Please be careful after that, use protection if necessary."

Tina laughed as Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock, and was unable to reply.

"Oh, take a joke. I trust you two to do the right thing."

With that, she left the room.

Kyuhyun did spend the whole afternoon cooking. He was nervous. He wasn't a bad cook; he did take a few culinary classes when he was younger, in preparation for his years abroad. But the nerves were still there, nevertheless. Like with all of their past dates, he wanted tonight to go well.

After a quick shower, he changed into a pale pink V-cut tee and dark blue jeans. It was almost 7 and Mina was bound to arrive soon.

He gave the house a final check and arranged the chairs, tables and pretty much anything he could get his hands on.

He had never invited a girl to his house before and he wanted this first time to not be the last.

Finally, after a painstaking wait, the doorbell rang.

Breathing slowly, he walked towards the door and opened it.

Mina, who changed into an Aztec print dress from her office attire, smiled brightly as he opened the door. As she stepped in, Kyuhyun held his hand for her bag while she surveyed the house.

"Looks good."

"Good enough to tempt you to move in?" he asked cheekily.

"I'd still want Tina to send me to work everyday..."

"I can do that. We work in the same building." Kyuhyun offered, as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend.

Mina didn't reply, choosing to tiptoe to kiss her boyfriend on the lips.

Kyuhyun his lower lip, frowning as he looked at Mina's heart shaped mouth.

"Why do you taste so....?"

He thought harder as he tried to find the exact description.

"Chocolatey?" Mina offered.

his lips again so as to get a better taste, he nodded.

"Tina bought me a new lip balm. Chocolate flavored. She said you might..."

Mina was unable to continue her sentence as Kyuhyun leaned forward again, bringing their lips together as Mina smiled into the kiss.

"She said you might like it." Mina repeated breathlessly, her mind blown away by the aggressive kisses Kyuhyun was giving her.

He nipped her lower lip lightly, making her moan softly, a hint of a whine that linked straight to his jumping heart.

Ignoring his erratic heartbeat, he paused in his unyielding kisses and whispered, "I'll thank Tina tomorrow. But now, just shut up and kiss me."

 

The End