Cuddle Buddy gone real

Provocatively cute

 

 

 

If my bear was my prince in my dreams, why can't it be when I'm awake? If my bear was my prince, I need not to look for a lover in life. 

 

Somewhere far away, in a land which no one knows, except for me, lied a kingdom called Handeer. The land was quiet, peaceful, and happy. It was ruled by a fair family who were known and characterized by their poise and demure manner. Each offspring bearing this specific traits except for one, the prince Luhan. 

 

Luhan had always been different. For a boy, it was rather odd that he had taken after his mother, Suho, rather than his father, Lay. He was feminine in every which way possible even if he claims to be manly. His soft brown curly locks, small face, and petite little body would've easily fooled you that he was a girl. Not to mention his obsession for things rather boys would despise. 

 

Luhan had always been fond of cute things, Disney princesses, bears, Disney princes, more bears, more Disney, and much more bears.

 

Ever since who knows when, he had had a knack for collecting teddy bears of all sorts and sizes, which he kept in a single room. Knowing each of their names by heart. He loved them all and tried as he could to love them equally, he never did. He had his first picks, his OT8, his EXO, as he would refer them to. 

 

Tao, the panda with sleepy eyes in Traditional Chinese clothing. 

 

Baek, the fierce little white bear whose hands were in a peace sign to his face. It wore a red glittery suit, like a super star. 

 

Xiumin was a teddy with stuffed cheeks. It was cute in every which way possible and Luhan often called him Hamster

 

Kris was what Luhan called the thug like and angst like bear. He was long, bulky and wore shades and clothes all shade of black. 

 

Yeol, the goofy bear with an aloof smile and a SnapBack on backwards, was Baekhyun's partner bear by Luhan's judgement. He could remember when he bought them. He had told himself that he would only buy one but when he reached the counter to pay for Baek, he caught a glimpse of Yeol and knew that they had to come in a pair. 

 

 

Chen was Luhan’s singing bear. The store claimed that chenchen was of Chinese of origin but the tag said otherwise, Made in Korea. It looked more of a camel but it appealed to Luhan. It had a wondrous voice which san songs in both Chinese and Korean.

 

Kai and Kyungsoo, Yin and Yang, Luhan would refer them to, were bear angels cast down from bear heaven for loving one another. They were meant for another, complements, halves of a whole.

 

Yet despite his wide array of bears, he had but one favourite which slept by his side all the days of his life. This bear had no “official” name and was dressed in traditional Handeer clothing, unlike the others. He was too important to have one, said Luhan. 

 

The memory still fresh in his mind. He was around 8 years old at that time when his mama Suho entered the room. 

 

 

**

 

“Luhan, it is way past your bedtime. You should get your good night’s sleep or else you won’t grow into a man and forever be a boy”  

 

(Little did his mother know that Luhan would never grow into a man and that he would forever be a beautiful, pretty and cute baby boy)

 

“Okay, Mommy. Good night! Kiss! Kiss!” Luhan replied with raised hands, awaiting his momma Suho’s nightly kiss and hug.

 

His mother obliged and walked to Baby Lulu. Suho kissed Luhan and tucked him in. Suho was about to leave when she noticed the big bear by Luhan’s side.

 

“Lulu, honey.”

 

“Yes, omma?”

 

“Aren’t you too old to still sleep with a teddy bear? Isn’t that bear old as well? You should sleep with your other bears and dispose of that one.”

 

Luhan shook his head vigorously and clung onto the bear. “I don’t want too, omma. He’s my favourite. I’m going to keep him forever and ever and ever and ever and ever…”

 

Suho knew that if he didn’t stop Luhan, he would’ve gone “forever and ever” until forever and ever. “Okay, baby. Arasseo! You can sleep with him forever.”

 

“Who is he going to sleep with forever?” said the voice that came from the other side of the door and with a knock came Daddy Lay.

 

“Luhan’s bear.”

 

“Which bear?”

 

“You know… ugh… What did you say his name was again, honey?”

 

“He doesn’t have one.”

 

Papa Lay looked at him questioningly. He sat on the edge of Luhan’s bed and ran his fingers through his son’s fluffy hair. “Why don’t you name him then?”

 

“I can think of one. I’ve been trying, Papa. I have but I’m afraid that I might give him the wrong name, Papa. He’s too perfect.”

 

“Hmm… I see. Then why don’t we call him Perfect?”

 

“That’s an adjective, papa!” retorted Luhan with a matching pout.

 

“Perfect is going to be his nickname. So that you can differentiate him from the rest.”

 

Lay waited for a witty comment to come from his baby’s mouth but instead came a soft snore. He kissed Luhan’s forehead, tucked him in, and left.

 

**

 

Years have passed and Luhan was no longer the child he used to be, paper-wise. He was still is innocent and cute as he was.

 

Luhan was already 16 and was turning 17 the next day, which meant that his parents would berating him, like they had been, for the past few years. Marriage this, marriage that, engagement this, prince that.

 

He was still a teenager and such trivial things didn’t bother him in the least.

 

The two proud parents stared at their only heir as he fixed himself up for is daily duties.

 

Luhan was standing in front of his full-length mirror, fixing his dark blue jersey and tidying himself up. He was getting ready for today’s lesson, one he was actually looking forward to, Physical Education, which meant an entire day spent at the soccer field.

 

Soccer was his second love, it would’ve been his first if “Perfect” didn’t exist but he did. He was heading out of his room when he was startled by his parents’ presence.

 

“AHHHHHH!” Luhan screamed, rather unmanly like, as he fell where he stood.

 

Mama Suho came rushing to his side and Papa Lay followed. 

 

Luhan stood up. “Don’t scare me like that. The least you can do is knock.”

 

Lay let out a soft chuckle, knowing his son, he would’ve reacted the same even if they did knock.

 

“Luhan, don’t you think it is about time that you got married?”

 

“I’m not interested in marriage yet, Papa. Nobody’s interested in me either. I’m happy as it as. As long as I have “Perfect” and my soccer ball, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Luhan, you do know that they won’t be able to govern our “deer” little kingdom with those objects by your side.” The king’s face painted with worry.

 

“Which is why we have cancelled all of your lessons for today and have decided to hold a small banquet for your marriage meetings”

 

Luhan’s jaw dropped. If this had come from his father, he would’ve passed it off as a joke but no. It came from Mama Suho and everyone knew that if Queen Suho said it, it was final.

 

“Now, Luhan, close your mouth and change into what we have prepared for you. Be down in the main hall in 15 minutes.”

 

Luhan stared at his father, who merely shrugged. He was just as clueless as his clueless son.

 

Luhan wore his mothers favourite tuxedo, reluctantly I may add, and walked down the steps to meet his doom, his version of it anyway. As he entered the main hall, he had expected to see a group of ugly, narcissistic and snotty princes but this was far from what was at hand.

 

He took his seat by his father’s side, speechless, flabbergasted by what the display of dashing young men in front of him.

 

An awkward silence filled the air.

 

“Ehm… Ehm” Queen Suho cleared his throat and shot King Lay a deadly glare.

 

The king stood and greeted everyone. “Welcome everyone and thank you all for visiting our deer little kingdom.” He tried to search for the right words to stay but nothing came out and he returned to his normal lutang and bangag  state.

 

The Queen stood and resumed from where his partner had left off.

 

“Thank you, everyone, for taking the time from your busy schedules to come. As you were well informed, this is a banquet for all the eligible young bachelors, such as yourselves, to be able to find a partner suitable for your betrothal. In simpler terms, a marriage meeting. Know that the partner you choose today will merely be your fiancé. There is no rush for marriage and that the goal is to be able to ensure a companion for your reign as rulers of your respective kingdoms. There are various segments for today in order to be able to attain the best results. Remember to choose wisely and most of all to have fun. We shall now begin with the introductions”

 

Luhan was very much suprised to have met the eight princes. They reminded him of as his OT8 and even their names matched his bears.

 

Hmm.. Am I that smart? He mused to himself. Maybe I could make a living as a match maker of some sorts. He would’ve gotten lost in his delusions if Suho hadn’t smakced him in the buttocks. 

 

 

Zitao, from Dark Circles, was like Tao.

 

Baekhyun, from Kkaebsong, was like Baek.

 

Minseok, from Baozi, was like Xiumin

 

Yi Fan, from the Galaxy, was like Kris.

 

Chanyeol, from Teethrich, was like Yeol.

 

Jongdae, from the desert, was like Chen.

 

Jongin, from Xes, was like Kai. 

 

D.O., from Neverland, was like Kyungsoo.

 

 

The day flew by with either of them noticing the time. 

 

They do say that you lose track of things when you’re having fun.

 

Luhan was very compatible with each and every one of them. He felt a connection with each prince, the depth the same as the other. 

 

There was this certain attraction, like a bond of some sort, which he knew that the others felt it as well. There was a certain calm, a feeling of belonging, ease but there was no.. no… no sparks. No butterflies in his belly.

 

They felt more like siblings to him than prospect partners in ruling, Luhan discerned in the end. 

 

It had come to the final segment of the match making event and they were once again seated in the main hall for supper. Everyone had decided who was to be their fiance and felt quite antsy.

 

“Once again, thank you for your presence and I hope that you enjoyed your stay here in our humble abode. I stand beside the ballot case in which your choice of partners are enclosed and to make things more exciting, I will announce the results a week after today.”

 

The air was once again calm and everyone visibly relaxed, except Luhan, who in the first place wasn’t antsy to begin with becauase he kept his paper blank. He couldn’t choose between these eight because he couldn’t choose between his siblings. 

 

When everyone had left, Luhan made his way to his bedroom and off to his small balcony. It had been a fun day but none the less very tiring. He sat down by the ledge and stared at the moon. He contemplated on today’s events and came to a conclusion.

 

Luhan had decided that he had made the right decision leaving his paper blank. His soulmate wasn’t in this group of fine young men and there was somebody else out there for him. Luhan wasn’t into the idea of marriage, at the moment, but he realised that he shouldn’t settle for comfort, which he felt with the others, but he should find the one that will make his heart race and whom he’ll love in a very special way, like perfect.

 

He stayed there in the silence of his private balcony which overlooked their forest. He saw a bright star that overshone the rest, closed his eyes, and earnestly wished.

 

I wish to meet the one perfect for me. If only perfect could turn into a man.

 

As the night grew darker and the air chillier, he entetred his room and returned to traditional handeer clothing. He took his place in his bed and hugged perfect or so he thought.

 

It was a nice day. The sun was up, the birds were chirping and Luhan was soundly asleep in his room.

 

He woke up to golden brown hair or fur, he wasn’t sure, but he knew it was perfect. He snuggled closer to his teddy bear and took a whiff of the top of his head. He smelled a bit different than before but it was alright. He actually smells a lot better now, smells like home. He was about to return to sleep when perfect groaned and shifted to the other side, face to face with Luhan.

 

Luhan was startled but didn’t move. There was a stranger in his bed, a very handsome one at that, he wanted to scream and alert the guards but he didn’t want to scare the beauty away.  

 

He sat by the edge of his bed and examined the fine specimen on his bed. He had light brown hair, a well structured nose and a sharp jawline. His eyes reminded Luhan of crescent moons in a dark lit sky. Luhan moved closer and noticed how pale his skin was and the pink tinge of the other’s lips. He wasn’t able to control himself and the next thing he knew, he was brushing his fingertips on them, and they were as soft as they seemed. His eyes travelled downward, noticing the fine built of the mystery man, he was rather skinny but it looked well on him. The handeer clothing matched him perfectly. 

 

“Wow” Luhan exclaimed, he really was beautiful. He would’ve watched the other sleep longer if the stranger didn’t stir from his sleep.

 

“Where am I? Who are you?”

 

“Are you perfect?” Luhan mombled “..my teddy bear”

 

“Well yes, I am perfect.” Sehun smirked as these words escaped his mouth.

 

Luhan’s eyes light up like fireflies in the dark sky. He couldn’t believe it, his wish had come true. He can get married now! I have to tell mom! I have to tell dad! I have to tell the kingdom! I have to tell the world! But wait I have to tell perfect, himself, first!

 

He took perfect’s hand into his, looked straight into his eyes and said “Will you marry me?”

 

Perfect or so Luhan thought was confused as . He shot Luhan a strange look and ended up staring at the other’s beautiful face. He was so beautiful and just his type. He had these brown hair that looked soft to touch, eyes like of a doe, skin so fair and a smile so pure that would put any beauty down from their place. 

 

He wanted to say no but he didn’t want to. This guy was a complete stranger, he didn’t know this person at all but as he looked at him in the eye, it felt so right and he felt that he wanted to spend the rest of his life looking at him, only him.

 

He didn’t say yes but he didn’t say no either. He smiled at the prince before and said. “My name is Sehun but if you wish to continue saying that I am perfect, then I am in no place to stop you from doing so.”

 

The sides of Luhan’s mouth curved up into a smile and he wanted to squeal with glee but he couldn’t, it was an unmanly thing to do. “I’m prince Luhan of Handeer. I love you.” 

 

He grabbed a hold of Sehun and ran downstairs to his parents’ bedroom. “Mama, Papa, this is perfect, I mean, Sehun, I love him and I want to marry him. My wish came true”

 

“What wish?” eyeing the man by his son’s die.

 

Perfect turned into a man and now I can marry him and he’ll be by my side forever”

 

Sehun was now thoroughly confussed. What does he mean by I turned into a man. “What is…”

 

“But lulu, perfect is…”  Papa Lay in.

 

“Shhh”

 

He was stopped midway by Mama Suho who had just realized what was truly happening. 

 

“Yes, you may. You may marry Prince Sehun of , whoops, I mean, you can marry perfect.”

 

“Dreams really do come true, just like in Disney, Mama” said Luhan as he hugged Suho.

 

Unlike the other two who were having a rather heart to heart talk  the other two stood there with their mouths agape. 

 

“I do not understand a thing what is happening.” Their minds spokein unison

 

Suho made Luhan leave the premises to attend his princely lessons and turned to the confused duo.

 

"Now, you two listen to me very careful."

 

The two nodded their heads in cooperation with the Queen. He turned to Sehun.

 

"Prince Sehun of Sebooty, welcome to the humble kingdom of Handeer. I believe that you are very late for yesterday's marriage banquet and got yourself lost within our castle and have stumbled upon Luhan's room."

 

The king's eyes widened at the knowledge of the man's true identity.

 

Sehun nooded his head in agreement and spoke "yes, I am indeed truly for my actions. It was nighttime by the time I arrived here and I was very sleepily and fell asleep in your son's room." His eyes twinkled at the mention of Luhan. 

 

"Our son as you can see is rather aloof and has confused you with his teddy bear, perfect." oh so that was what that was about, he thought "We removed perfect from his room for regular cleaning and by chance, you fell asleep there. He's very attached to that bear and we feared that he woul never choose a partner for himself. Thank you for being late" Suho put a hand around Sehun's arm "Thank you. Our son seems to have fallen in love with you at first sight but we must keep this a secret. You may tell him that you aren't perfect only after your marriage."

 

Lay was suddenly scared "Do you wish to marry our son?"

 

Sehun smiled and the king and queen almost fell for such a gorgeous smile. "Yes, I do. It seems that it isn't only Luhan who has fallen on love at first sight."

 

Few days later and it was the day of their marriage. Everything was extragavant and seemed to be disney themed, which Sehun found out, Luhan had a for. 

 

Yehet! Happy marriage!

 

((To be continued))

 

a/n: I lost inspiration towards the end of this fanfic but I will update as soon as I find it. I've been really down about the Baekhyun incident. He's my bias and I'll love him no matter what. It's reather painful to see other Baekstans hating on him and there's nothing I can do.

 

 

((Wedding Ceremony and the Revelation, coming soon))