Seven

Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

But time doesn’t stop, for next day, they stood at the train station after saying goodbye to the warden, waiting to board the train back.

They got in when the train arrived, and Kibum, Jonghyun and Jinki got back to sleep because they hadn’t got any due to the festival last night.

Taemin and Minho sat side by side, holding hands, listening to music, and chatting softly now and then. Taemin soon fell asleep on Minho’s shoulder and Minho switched off the boy’s iPod, and took out his diary, scrawling a few words as he smiled. He sighed, shutting the diary after a while and looked at Taemin, who seemed to grow more and more lovable in his eyes. He admired him a while before sleep cast it’s charm on him as well, and he drifted to a dream, where he knew Taemin would be.


 

 

They were back, and after a proper rest at Kibum’s house, Taemin found himself in the car, with a suspiciously kind Kibum showing him around London. After lunch, the sceneries Kibum drove through got filled with more of brand stores than of museums and parks. Taemin just sighed when Kibum smiled at him pleadingly after parking the car near a mall, regretting taking up the quick and bright offer his cousin had given him of being his guide.

After a lot of window-shopping, and a lot lot of actual shopping, Kibum finally took a breather, dragging Taemin and his shopping bags to a nearby cafe. Making a quick order, he started arranging his glossy ‘recyclable’ bags onto the empty chair, not forgetting to smile to himself triumphantly. He had not let anyone- not even Choi- hog his cousin, because he knew, the only shopping pal he could get was Taemin. He also  knew no matter how sparkly his deal would be, the boy would choose Minho to show him around, even if that meant going to the boring  library. But seeing Taemin yawn and blow air to his now unkempt bangs all while fidgeting with the tissue stand...he felt a tad bit guilty.

He tapped the table, making Taemin look at him, “I won’t trouble you anymore after this. You can go to Minho, okay?”

Taemin smiled with relief, “Gosh, thanks.” He grabbed Kibum’s phone and started texting Minho to meet him up in a while.

Kibum looked at him, smiling slightly, but soon his smile vanished as a thought bounced back in his mind. “You know, Taemin…”

“Yeah?” Taemin asked him in a cheery voice.

“Tomorrow is our last day here.”

Taemin looked at him confused, but soon those words started to settle in, and the cheer of his face faded.

“Have you not thought of what to do when this getaway is over?”

Taemin’s face fell further at his words. “I...never thought of it, Kibum.”

Kibum stayed quiet a while, letting Taemin sort out his mind. When their coffee was done with, they headed to the parking lot. Taemin took the passenger seat, his face still sombre.

“...do you regret letting your heart run recklessly?” Kibum asked softly as he drove.

Taemin turned to him, his dull face gaining a little colour and resolution, “No.”

“I expected you to say that.” Kibum smiled.

“Minho…” Taemin started in a low voice, “I wonder if he thought of it.”

Kibum remained silent.

“I don’t want to say goodbye, Kibum.” Taemin continued, “I don’t want to go back.”

“Would that be right?” Kibum asked, “Don’t do what Yunhee did.”

Taemin’s eyes widened at his words.

“Don’t leave anyone hanging, don’t cause a mess...don’t make it hard for others by taking one right, but reckless decision.” Kibum said, “She put you and your parents through it. You know how it feels. Don’t push your parents into a similar situation again...yourself.” He sighed, “There is always another way.”

Taemin pondered over his words, his face easing as moments passed by. “I won’t do what Yunhee did.” He spoke confidently, “I will go back, tell my parents everything, get their consent and come back.”

Kibum smiled, “I hope you are successful, Taemin.”

 

 

 

Minho was sitting on Kibum’s doorstep, waiting for Taemin to turn up. He had told him to meet him after an hour, but he was early, trying to catch every moment he could spend with the boy. A few minutes later, Kibum’s car pulled in and Taemin got out, his eyes falling on Minho. Minho got up, smiling, and Taemin walked to him, returning the smile.

“You’re early.” Taemin said.

“I couldn’t wait.” Minho replied softly, poking Taemin’s cheek fondly.

“Some help would be nice.” Kibum called out to them, and they headed towards the car to empty the shopping bags.

Kibum started arranging his stuff into a suitcase in his room and Minho sat at the kitchen table, while Taemin poured him a glass of water.

Taemin sat opposite him, his face getting a little morose.

“What’s the matter?” Minho asked.

“I...I am leaving the day after.”

Minho extended his hand and took Taemin’s gently, “Don’t worry.”

“Well, but-”

Minho tugged at his hand, halting his words. Taemin looked at him, his face contorted unpleasantly, noticing which, Minho got up from his stool and walked to Taemin, pulling him up into his arms.

“I don’t want to go, Minho.” Taemin whispered, as he wound his arms around Minho tightly.

“Nor do I want you to go.” Minho replied, “But, to meet again, we gotta say goodbye, right?”

Taemin nodded against Minho’s chest. “I will come back for you.”

Minho ruffled Taemin’s hair, chuckling softly, and he whispered, “Maybe you wouldn’t have to.”

“Huh?” Taemin looked up at Minho, who just leaned closer, caressing his cheek, before kissing him softly. Taemin blushed at the brief but gentle gesture and  buried his face in Minho’s chest to hide his flushed face.

“You are like a cute little bear, you know.” Minho whispered, “Soft, squishy, with gleaming eyes...who is so adorably clingy.”

Taemin smiled, “And you are like a fluffy big bear, with a handsome smile and an adorable pout...who is so warmly kind.” He chuckled after saying that, and Minho squirmed at the movement on his chest, “That tickles.”

“Sorry.” Taemin said, breaking away from Minho and pecking his cheek.

They sat back in their stools, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter