Six

Getaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Kibum’s day, i.e., the market spree, as he liked to call it. He was dragging Taemin around everywhere, choosing souvenirs for every member of the family he had redeemed annoying, but were in any case, still important to him. It was understandable as he was going back home after five long years and hence no one complained about it.

Taemin sighed deeply, clutching onto his cousin’s packages as he bargained for a pretty scarf- one of the many gifts he was going to take home for his mother. Taemin did not feel the need to buy anything; anyway Kibum was buying for everyone back home, and so he needn’t worry. On the other hand, Jonghyun and Jinki had gotten sick of accompanying Kibum from shop to shop and hence they had left for a breather, purposely dragging Minho away.

“Damn. I ran out of money.” Kibum said, checking his wallet. “I need to run a quick trip to the ATM. Why don’t you drop these at the hostel for me?” He asked, smiling apologetically at Taemin who was holding onto all his packages with quite difficulty.

“I would be relieved to.” Taemin replied.

Kibum helped him get to the hostel and ran towards the ATM, telling him to wait at the door after arranging everything. Taemin had to make two rounds to get everything in the room, and after all the packages were somehow aligned near Kibum’s bunk bed, he left the hostel and started waiting for his cousin to turn up.

He folded his arms, sighing as he tapped his foot, looking here and there for any sign of Kibum; but he saw none. There was a tap on his shoulder, and he turned, expecting Kibum to have snuck behind him, but what met his eyes wasn’t his cousin, but a bouquet of strange but beautiful white flowers. He blinked, registering the floral scene, and that was when the bouquet shifted to reveal the charming smile, that same contagious one, which never failed to put a smile on his face as well.

“For you.” Minho said in a low, nervous voice, a little red adorning his face.

Taemin took the bouquet, his smile widening at the sweet scent they emanated. “Thank you.”

Though he was raised in the presence of large vases of luxurious flowers; this was the first time he had been offered a few, that too with such adorableness, hence he couldn’t refuse; and to him this simple white bunch were far more beautiful than any extravagant flower he had ever seen.

“It was weird picking out flowers...but...nothing else struck me.” Minho explained.

“It is weird receiving flowers, a good weird, and I am happy you picked out some for me.” Taemin replied.

“I am relieved.” Minho smiled. He looked here and there, “Okay, the path is clear.” He took Taemin's free arm and started dragging him gently.

"Where to?" Taemin asked.

"Somewhere far away from Kibum." Minho said, he blushed a little before adding, "A date."

Taemin stopped walking, "Just a minute." And he rushed inside the hostel and arranged the bouquet in the vase at the reception with other flowers. Minho had followed him in and a smile left him when he found Taemin carefully placing the flowers in the vase.

"They might get damaged." Taemin said, satisfied at his handiwork as he turned to Minho. "Now let's go before he comes to pick me up."

Minho extended his hand which Taemin took immediately and they were out of sight soon.

Kibum walked in about five minutes later and frowned on not finding Taemin around. He looked to the reception and an odd white sheet was stuck under the vase. He walked till there and picked the small sheet up.

"I am going on a date. Carry your own bags :P"

"Seems like Choi snuck in." Kibum groaned, "Fine, then the idiot duo it is." He chucked the small sheet into the dustbin and walked out, towards the market, knowing well where his two friends would be lounging at.

 


 

Minho and Taemin roamed around the village aimlessly, walking in and out of the market, doing nothing in particular, well except for holding hands and enjoying the view. The village was a little busy, preparing for the festival the next day, and the colorful bustle kept them interested in some way or the other.

After a lot of hesitation, Minho bought Taemin a hat, which had a ‘T’ embroidered in silver on it. He put it on the unsuspecting boy later in the evening, who was surprised but rather pleased with his little present. Taemin started to search for a present too, but couldn't find anything suitable and hence ended up buying a big box of handmade chocolates. Minho accepted it gratefully, pinching Taemin's cheek fondly when he pouted and complained about the shops having nothing else suitable. They headed to the hostel and found the room a bit more full with Kibum's packages.

"Don't stare like that. There is more to buy, but all that is from the city." Kibum said when Taemin gasped too audibly. Taemin sighed with relief that he did not have to flounder around the village another day holding his cousin's shopping bags.

"What's that you holding?" Jonghyun asked, walking to Minho. He smirked after reading what the label of the box read, "Won't you share?"

"No." Minho said, holding the chocolate box tighter. Jonghyun shrugged and turned away but on sensing Minho relax, he snatched the box from him.

Kibum snatched it back from him, "Your wallet is full. Go buy yourself some!"

He handed it back to Minho who gave him a grateful smile. After a while of thinking, he cleared his throat, "There are many pieces. I can share a few." He handed the box to Jonghyun, "Only a few." He repeated in a warning tone and excused himself to the bathroom.

Jonghyun put the box in the centre and the other three flopped around it. Jonghyun took the first piece and let out a long "Hummm..." which made Jinki and Kibum pick a piece. Taemin waited for Minho to come, but the sweet smell was too tempting and he ended up having a few pieces as well.

"Oops." Kibum said a short while later, making every head looked to him and then follow his gaze. The box was empty, and everyone stared at the other with shock.

"He told you a few. You wiped the whole box clean, shorty!" Kibum exclaimed softly.

“I had a few just as he said!” Jonghyun argued, “It’s you people who hogged down the rest.”

“He’ll get angry.” Jinki stated.

“Why would he?” Jonghyun relaxed, grinning, “He bought it for Taemin, and Taemin ate, right?”

“Um…” Taemin looked at Jonghyun, “Actually, I bought it for him.”

“You ate the first present his boyfriend bought him!” Kibum scolded Jonghyun, “You know how he is, he doesn’t share, and now that he finally did...ugh.”

Jinki shot up, “I am outta here.”

“Take me with you.” Kibum said, getting up as well.

Minho entered right then, fresh from the shower. Everyone stared at him, and he looked back, confused. His eyes trailed to a fidgety Taemin and then to the empty box lying on the ground. His ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter