one string

puppets on strings

One String

HONGBIN

In the darkness of the night, the streetlights shone dully through the haze of misty streets. The pathways were filled with es, pimps, and god knows what other creatures she calls “inferior”. At the thought of Her, images of Her beauty flashed through his head and he smiled to himself, know that he was Her favourite. Memories of when he made Her happy by doing things She asked him to do brought his attention back to the task at hand. He was doing this to make Her happy. Emerging from the shadows, he started to stroll down the street hearing the whispers of the inferior creatures talk about his handsomeness. He knew he was handsome, She always told him so. An inferior creature of the same gender as his lovely master draped her arms over his shoulders and clung to him, whispering her ual fantasies in his ear. Hongbin just shrugged her off and continued on his way, listening to the murmurings of the woman’s pimp wondering how he could refuse such beauty. Beauty, He scoffed as he glanced back at the female who was looking hurt, She’s no beauty. The only beauty in the world is Her and Her only. What a delusional creature. Hongbin walked into a club, ignoring the protests of the people waiting in line as the bouncer waved him in. The bouncer knew who he was, and knew that if he was to stop Hongbin it would result into a great amount of pain for the bouncer. Hongbin made his way through the club and pushed his way through the gyrating bodies on the dance floor.  Entering the VIP section he walked coolly up the steps and to a man sitting on a luxurious leather sofa, in between at least five girls. He stood in front of them and stared down at the man he had come to know as Zico. The man raised his eyebrows at Hongbin.

“May I help you?” His voice came out as if he was amused by the situation. “Are you one of Hers?” Hongbin stared back blankly, giving him a sharp nod in reply. Zico chuckled lowly and dug his hand into his back pocket, chucking Hongbin a small leather pouch which he caught smoothly. “That’s Her order. Next time tell her to not being a coward and come collect it herself.” Hongbin, who had turned to leave, slowly pivoted on the spot to face Zico, eyes dark with hatred. Picking up a small metal coaster off of the table he twirled it in his fingers a few times before flinging it at the other man, the coaster landing half into the sofa beside Zico’s head. He struggled to keep a hold in his temper, shaking slightly as he bored holes into the man’s head with his stare.

“If you ever speak of her like that again, I swear that your life will end a lot earlier and more painful than you ever expected.” Hongbin threatened before spinning on his heel and leaving the VIP section then the club. How dare that low life creature insult Her like that? She’s perfect, no one can compare to Her. No one. He thought to himself as he walked back down the street, the es from earlier been replaced by a fresh load. Some of them were the experienced ones and warned the newbies not to touch him, otherwise She will get revenge on them. He cut down an alley way, taking the pouch out of his pocket and turning it over in his hands, a satisfied smile on his face as he stared down at the object. He knew nothing of what the pouch contained, but he knew whatever was in the pouch would make Her happy and earn him a treat. Hongbin was excited, thinking of the different rewards he might get for doing what She asked. A low thud of a bin was heard behind him and he turned around, his eyes searching the darkness behind him. Four figures emerged and stood in the dim light streaming out of a window onto the ground above them. One of the men stepped forward, watching Hongbin. Hongbin stared back, slipping the pouch back into his pocket as they moved closer.

“Hello Hongbin,” The male who stepped forward spoke softly “It’s nice to finally see you. It’s been two years since anyone has seen you” Hongbin stared blankly back. He didn’t care about anyone else, only Her, and a tiny for the boys She called his brothers. “Don’t you remember me? I’m Jonghyun, we used to play basketball together out on the courts near the playground.” Hongbin cocked his head slightly, searching his memory for the man.

“Is there a problem, gentlemen?” A voice of higher pitch and a much smoother, cool tone resonated through the alley. All attempts of remembering disappeared as soon as Hongbin heard the voice. A small hand wrapped around his lower arm as She appeared by his side. The four males backed away a bit, flashes of anger on their faces.

“There’s no problem at all, I was just talking to an old friend” The male who spoke up before, Jonghyun his name was, took a small step forward and plastered a fake smile on his face.

“An old friend? Hongbin-ah, do you know this man?” She looked up at him, a curious smile on Her face which turned into a triumphant smile as Hongbin shook his head. “It seems to me that he doesn’t know you. If you boys would excuse us, we have to get home. Dinner is almost waiting and I don’t like to keep my boys waiting” Turning away from the males She leads Hongbin down the alley.

“Did you do what I asked?” She questioned him as they got into a black sedan. Hongbin drew the pouch out of his pocket and She took it from him gently, smiling in satisfaction. “Wah thank you Binnie. I’ll be sure to reward you soon for your gallant efforts” She leaned up and kissed his cheek, giving him the reward he had been waiting for all night. She leaned forward and pushed open the visor so She could talk to the driver.

“Home, quickly please Jaehwan. I have to prepare a reward for Binnie” Leaning back She closed the visor and Hongbin smiled at the fact that he was the only one that had a special name that came from Her. The car’s engine started and they drove off en route of her house. Although She wasn’t particularly worried about it, the encounter with the four men replayed in Her head as she focused on one in particular. He would make a great puppet. If only he wasn’t so strong willed. . .