Paramore Baby

Paramore Baby

"  I'm in love with you. "

 

Kyungsoo has always liked the moon and the stars but he likes the sun best although he knows that the sun is actually a star too. He has always liked going out late at night just to walk at the park and stare at them. He espcially liked trying to stare at the sun during noon just to prove that he can see, that he's not that blind. He knows that it might damage his eyes -if it's not damaged enough- but he likes it even if he says that he shouldn't because what good does the sun bring to your eyes anyway?

 

But Do Kyungsoo is different. He sees the good in the things that people hate. He sees the good in the wolf, the good in a shark, the good in the sun. He also sees the danger they bring but if you love things too much, it lessens the danger right? But, why? Why does the good leave? Where does it go? He wonders. 

 

He likes listening to music because music clears our mind. Music helps us remember. Music makes us feel fine. And probably, he liked music because he likes it too. He still wonders where the good go when they leave. 

 


 

He goes to the library every Saturday. Kyungsoo likes to dwell in different things. Why Dobby died. Why the ring wasn't his. Why the elves are short. Why the world is confusing. 

 

Why he left. 

 

There are questions which doesn't have an answer and he always wonders why. Why must the good leave? Why can't it stay like the bad grass does? 

 

Saturday Mornings are for short cookie runs at the corner of the street. Noon is for dozing off in the couch while waiting for the ramen to boil. Afternoons are spent taking each other's clothes while waiting for the washing machine to work. Evenings are spent reading fictions and dictionaries because what means what matters. Nights are spent cuddling on the couch while watching reruns of Running Man. And Sunday. Sundays are spent loving each other more. 

 

He continues asking but there's no one to hear the questions. Where is he? Why did Saturdays became like this? He knows it's stupid waiting for someone who said he'll never come back. He knows the world is cruel and he also knows that reality is better at doing it but what are fantasies made for? 


 

He renewed his liscence this Sunday because there's nothing else to do but think. He thinks and thinks and sudeenly, he's tired. He looks at his ring finger and laughs because how can someone buy couple rings without asking for the size of your finger? He remembers that day as clear as water. 

 

They were supposed to meet the cafe for last minute reviews for their upcoming finals but the giraffe dargged him off to a shop he doesnt even know what sells and all of a sudden the giraffe was asking him to record himself saying yes and that he would do it too. He freaked out for a moment because what the hell? What shops buy voices saying yes? He wonders. and wonders and wonders. Until another Sunday when they were out just celebrating with friends for another test ed up and then the giraffe was there, kneeling on the ground, confessing and showing off the soundwave rings to their friends after he stuttered out a yes. It bothered him at first because the ring didnt fit his ring finger and Jongdae joked that the ring was meant for someone else but he got used to it and he had grown to love the rings. His ring is still in his finger but the other is somewhere. Somewhere that's not the finger of its owner. 

 

He's still in love with Park Chanyeol but his giraffe is probably in love with someone else now. 


He was pretty and his eyes were small. He has a very beautiful voice and hes exactly like his Park Chanyeol. Very Bright. Very energetic. Very much compatible with his boyfriend. But he did not let it bother him so much. Maybe a little but it's okay. His giraffe is good and his giraffe is his only. 

 

Maybe he should've seen it. The lingering touches. The flirty smiles Baekhyun sent his boyfriend's way when he thinks Kyungsoo isn't looking. The time they used to spend together suddenly grew lesser and lesser and lesser until they would just meet during Sundays when its midnight, when Chanyeol has just got home from his new job at a cafe on the outskirts of town, 10 minutes way from their house. The distance between them was growing and there was nothing he could do watch and wonder, why? 

 

He remembered when they had their first fight. He remoeved the ring the next and then Chanyeol cried for forgive because " I couldn't bear seeing you without something that would show that you're mine." Those memories never lasted. Kyungsoo misses Chanyeol so bad. 


 

They would sing during Friday nights because it's the only free time of the week. His giraffe would play the guitar and he would sing. Kyungsoo likes RnB while Chanyeol likes Rock songs. When they can't agree on a song, they'd always end up jamming to Paramore at the end of the day. 

 

But then Baekhyun came and he and Chanyeol was so alike you'd hear them singing Passenger's Seat at Chanyeol's Mom's Restaurant for their customer and veryone would like it. 

He remembers January 12 and May 6 so vividly until now. His birthday was spent finishing requirements for the end of semester, dozing off at free periods just to rest for a few minutes, receiving a simple Happy Birthday from his boyfriend's mom, a large teddy bear from Yura noona and a new recipe book from daddy Park but when it was Baekhyun's birthday, May 6, there was a party even though they're in the middle of reviewing for finals. There was cake, specially baked by Mommy Park, there was a SVIP Ticket for the upcoming SNSD Concert in Seoul courtesy of Daddy Park and there was a very impressive video played for Baekhyun in front specially edited by Yura noona herself. Kyungsoo knows that he shouldn't be jealous. That Baekhyun's really closer to his boyfriend's family than he is but how can he not? How can he stop his overflowing feelings when he's been with the Park Family ever since grade school and thay've never done something like that for him before? They just met Baekhyun the past year and how come, how come he's more special? More loved? 

 

He didn't get the chance to know because at summer break, there was no more Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. No more wide eyed couple and he realized that he's never stared at the sun that long before. 


Kyungsoo wonders how many wishes were said to the moon only to get blown by the air. How many stories has it heard and how many tears has it seen. He pities the moon because the moon can only watch and do nothing but shine there prettily. Until now he still wonders and he'll never stop wondering because he still loves Park Chanyeol but hes just not there anymore. 

 

He goes home and listens to music and that's when he realized that music clears your mind but it doesn't stop your heart from shattering. 


It's been months and he now owns a coffee shop. He now makes his own cookies to satisfy his longing every Saturday before he runs off to the library. He now knows how to play the guitar to sing by himself without sounding so awkward. He now wears sunglasses when he looks at the sun but he's stop wondering altogether why the good leaves. He didnt know where they go but even if he did, hell never bother looking for it because it left by itself. He still feels lonely at times and he still cries when he's sad. Kyungsoo still loves  Park Chanyeol but if his giraffe is not even here, what are tears for? 

 

Kyungsoo is casually wiping the counter when the telltale sound of his door chimes rang through the store so he looked up. He did not expect to see Jongn there, standing in all his handsome glory, holding a guitar while strumming to familiar chords. A song that he will never forget. Heck, he didnt even know that his tanned friend could play the guitar. 

 

" I should be over all the butterflies "

 

Jongin hands him a thin silver ring and now he's wondering if Jongins proposing to him. He looked inside the ring and saw the words carved there. Mine.

 

" Baby even on your worst nights. " 

 

Kyungsoo stood there baffled because all of a sudden, everyone's giving him gifts. Is it his birthday?

 

" Let em wonder how we get this far "

 

Every single gift has the same mine written on them and he's still confused.

 

" ''Cause I don't really need to wonder at all. "

 

" What are these for? Who sent this? " Kyungsoo asks everyone. 

 

" And after all this time, I'm still into you. "

 

" How can you not know it was from me when I've always owned you all along? You're mine. " Kyungsoo turns around at the familiar voice and there, he saw his giraffe. Grinning sheepishly as if all those months away from each other didn't even exist. 

 

Kyungsoo knows that there will be explanations later and that he still don't know where the good goes when they leave but now he knows that the good comes back. For now, he'll drown in music and dwell with the fact the he doesn't need shades to look at his sun again. 


 

< This is short and crappy omg i'm sorry. It's just that I've been neglecting this for so long but here we go. Not proofread so I'll go back to it later but for now, I have an ecology report to finish. >

 

1.6k words ^^