S o m e t h i n g F e l l

Burnt Marshmallow
[Burnt Marshmallow]

-

||A u t h o r||

-

Woo!
Sorry for the super late updates…
School .

-

|| M i r ||

-

I ended the call from my sister as I walked towards the kitchen to find myself a late midnight snack. I don’t know what I and noona were talking about that lead to that topic, but it made me realize something important in the hours of gossiping we just had. Her voice sounded serious and informant.

“Chulyong ah… are you okay? First the dramatic message in your page, now this? What has gotten into you? Do you… still miss her?”

The question struck a nerve in me; it was like a short and snappy awakening for the veins in my heart. Something that made it enhance its beat, I suppose I still do miss her. But I was too stubborn to even admit it to myself because… these feelings of mine must not carry on. I replied to my sister with a nonchalant tone with a sprinkle of sarcasm. Of course, my sister and I are pretty close, but not close enough for me to be extrovert with my feelings; not to her anyways. I opened the bottle of orange juice with my name stuck on it as I pulled out a packet of crisps from the cupboard at the same time.

My feet moved towards the leather couch resting upon the living room floor, despite it being 01:38 AM, I just couldn’t find the will to go back to my deep slumber once again. The T.V remote landed itself on my palms and incoherently pressed buttons while the bright pictures overtook the darkness of the television. Nothing was on, nothing that I’d want to watch anyways. I turned the volume down considerately for the other member’s peaceful snooze, being the youngest in the group, I always feel the need that I’m the one who requires taking care of, but from what I see here and now. It looks like I’m older. Joon’s arm rested just outside the crack of the stock room’s door. It is where we keep our fans gifts and our extra necessities. I had gotten curious as to what reason he might’ve slept inside the crowded stock room and not inside his spacious area while I walked over to where he was located. I crumpled the crisps packet in my hands and sloppily kicked his arm that was exposed to me. I slowly opened the door and its creak made him slightly disturbed. Sorry Joon. My nails scratched my head as I turned the light on, Joon was there… hugging a bear?

“What is this?” I whispered “Hyung… Joonie ah… Joonie. Move to your room, you’ll have a backache tomorrow morning.”

None of my words got to him; it was like I was talking to a dead corpse, cold and unconscious. Being the amazing, thoughtful, understanding, caring and selfless person that I am, I annoyingly placed my crisps packet on the arms of a green teddy bear resting upon a brown table, I pulled on Joon’s arm and slung over the shoulders.

Something fell.

It was a photo frame with a now smashed glass. I freaked –silently- and thought for a second on what to do. Fix the broken photo frame, replace it with a new one before he even realizes or to take him to bed as I continue to watch the music channel. On a second thought, I took his heavy, well built body inside his room and plopped him on the bed. He can be cold if he wants to; I’ve already carried him to where he was, putting the covers on him would be too much. That’s how much I care for him. Just, don’t blame me if he gets a cough; just think of what other illnesses he could get if I hadn’t moved him.

…Aha…

I closed his door and crept up into the stock room to fix what I have accidentally broken. Luckily, none of the shattered glass spread themselves around the floor ready to pierce any careless foot that comes along; instead, it shattered and ruined the faces of those who were in the picture. I took a second glance at it and my blood suddenly boiled.

Joon. Why must you do his to me?

-

||L e a||

-

I called my manager and told him an alibi of how sick I am and that it might turn out worse if I go out and walk to work –since I can’t afford to pay for a taxi- when my feet are actually perfectly fine. It’s my nerves that aren’t. My head is still trying to configure what in the world happened inside my apartment that got me BEAST sitting formally on the bed. Everything sounded impossible before this, but now, I don’t know anymore.

“So…” I broke the overflowing of awkward silence lingering in the room “Do you know how you ended up here?” I hoped they did, what I needed now was answers. The fact that I randomly cried in front of them –Hyunseung- was embarrassing enough, but fortunately for me, they didn’t show any emotion. They were still and completely lifeless.

How do I put this?

They’re alive but not.

They’re breathing but they don’t have feelings.

Do I make myself clear?

Don’t worry, I confuse myself too.

“We are here to love you Lea ssi!” Junhyung once again commented with a smile. “It says on our description… We’re supposed to love our owner and become their hero’s” he strikes a superman pose and looked blankly into the horizon. I looked to where he was looking and all I could see was the peach coloured wall. Oh… I got a headache.

“I don’t know why though… Why we’re alive I mean. We are a mere clone of the real BEAST and were sent off to dedicated fans to have as a souvenir. We even have a bar code in our butts to prove our existences are false, I saw it when my dignity was not covered considerately. I wonder what could’ve happened…”

That makes the two of us Doojoon, trust me.

“The only thing I remember was… something warm touched my stomach before I fell into the water.” Gikwang spoke with a confused face.

Aha! Now I remember, I was crying that night. The warm liquid that Gikwang felt was probably my tear. But, as they have mentioned, they were a mere clone of the real BEAST, they were no bigger than 10 centimetres and was made out of plastic that grows. How could they feel, understand and know what they were, what they were doing, how to speak, who they’re imitating or feel anything before they’re massive transformation?

“H-How can you remember that? You weren’t… alive then.”

“Oh… I don’t know. Do you?”

Funny, if I knew then I wouldn’t even ask such questions.

-=-=-

MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!
I WILL UPDATE AGAIN TOMORROW!
Comments!

Comment Replies:

Kymmie: Thanks! Here’s a chapter after such a long wait!

Apole: You’d just have to find out won’t you! XD

Asian_chic 808: Thanks for that! I do try my best to keep my ideas original. There is a connection with you and Joon but I won’t reveal it until.. I feel like it LOL

Pearlyn: Thank you so much! I hope you got clean up after that sprite spilling spree. Haha! You have many questions that are going to be answered throughout the story, Sorry I update so long. Please forgive me and comment again! Thanks for stalking my fic! LOL

Superstar15: ahah! Yoseob ahs this funny feeling about him that I just can’t resist. He’s too cute! Thanks for the comment!

Burning91Rose: Thanks for the support! Here’s an update! BEAST Is just love!

COMMENTS PEOPLE!

Truly Yours,
Tammy