S o m e S u p e r H e r o

Burnt Marshmallow
[Burnt Marshmallow]

-

|| L e a ||

-

Oh my god.

What…

The ?

Just when I thought that my life was depressing enough as it is, this has to come along. What is BEAST doing inside my apartment ! And sleeping on my wooden floor? All six of them were cramped on the ground with the tub that used to be full of water –empty. What happened last night? I tried to recollect my memories while I hid underneath my blanket and tried not to scream. I winced slightly from the bruises I received just yesterday night —from saving an old lady.

Not what you’re thinking!

Okay okay… Lea… do not panic. I bit my bottom lip and recalled the scenes before this. I went out after work in front of the MBC studio as I silently watched the boy bands I like getting into the venue. However, I couldn’t get in with the fans, I couldn’t cheer with the fans nor could I get signatures like the fans because—well… I don’t have the guts. I stayed far away only enough to see the top of their heads. It was MBLAQ who arrived first then BEAST.

When all of them entered the hall, the streets were quiet. I was getting ready to go back home until I heard deep whimpers behind me, I turned to see what was happening and it was a few hooligans stealing and ruining the old woman’s cart. There were toys flying from here and there, you could hear the breaking of the wood and the crying of the old woman.

“Hey! Stop that!” I screamed and stormed over there. Probably wasn’t the best of ideas… My cheeks heated up just recalling the stupid move I reluctantly made. The hooligans left the old woman alone and came up to me, they mentioned things like “Stay out” “Back off” and “Mind your own business” then, the only girl in their group slapped, punched and kicked me when I declined what they wanted me to do.

Some superhero I am.

Luckily, a guard from the building-where the stars were performing-came out and stopped them from killing me. They ran away and I was left there groaning and rolling on the ground.

That was agonizing!

The old woman hobbled over to me smiled. She offered and a hand and I gladly took it.

“Thank you for helping me. Now you’re the one that got hurt. I thank you really.” She bowed repeatedly and apologized. I felt sorry for her, her right leg didn’t look well and she looked really old to be working out here.

“It’s okay… how about you? Are you hurt?”

“You’re battered and bruised and you ask if I’M hurt? You truly are an angel miss. I don’t know how to repay you… wait…do you like BEAST?”

“Yes, I do ma’am” I nodded while dusting my clothes with a half frown and half smile on my face. The pain has subsided for now but I knew it would be twice as painful the next day. Which was today! I was right… a second later; I could hear shuffling on the ground groaning voices.

! They’re awake! My eyes widened and my hand covered my lips to prevent it from screaming. Of course, there must be some mistake.

There must be!

Don’t panic… think… think… how did this happen?

The old woman picked up a toy from the pavement and dusted it, then, she offered it to me. “I don’t have money for your medical needs… but I hope these toys would help pay of my debt.”

“Oh no, it’s okay really—”

“No please… accept it.” she insisted and I had no other choice but to take the toys in her palms. I looked at it and chuckled.

“Grow your own BEAST…” I read the big bold letters on the front of the packet and smiled. “Thank you—” when I looked back at her, she was gone. It was like she suddenly disappeared, I looked at the horizon to see her figure hobbling around but she was nowhere to be seen. The mess on the floor of her broken cart was also gone, I nervously giggled.

“You’ve got to be joking…”

My hands stayed on my lips as I saw shadows of then standing up and blankly looking around. I’s confused as ever, is this some prank or something? Is this a celebrity thing? Because if it is, I’d hate to be one. The fact that they were all in my apartment without saying a word… it’s just… super… BIZZARE!

Anyway… while they were not fully awake, I tried to recollect memories again.

I went home after that and followed the instructions… I got the warm water and dipped each character in there while I wait for them to grow like it said on the packet. While each of them sank into the water, a tear fell off of my eyes. I remember crying last night because I hated my life.

My parents were gone and I have no money. Great right?

I went to sleep that night and woke up this morning with… THIS! The recollecting didn’t help at all.

Unless… Grow your own BEAST!

“TOYS!” I exclaimed and sat up only to find six pairs of eyes landing on me. I flushed at their selves and hid again. The squeaking of the floor got closer to where I was and I knew they were all heading up to me. I silently squealed. The idea of them being the BEAST’s I dipped in water last night was completely out of the box.

Impossible.

Unexplainable.

A hand removed the blanket from my face revealing them again. This time, it was GiKwang up close with a blank look. Yet so hot. The second we met eyes-even though they were empty- my heart raced like a horse. Both of my hands covered my lips and I turned to my side.

“What is your name?” he asked with proper Korean

“L-Lea” I answered and closed my eyes tight before speeding into the corner beside my bed. I hid my face with both of my palms and breathed deeply. More like hyperventilated. I was feeling dizzy.

“L-Lea? I love you!” Yoseob stuttered and ran over to me with his arms open wide showing me an irresistible smile and puppy dog eyes, the rest followed him doing the same procedure.

I ran away into another corner and grabbed the packet on my hands. I breathed and read the description on the back. It says “Whenever you’re feeling blue, BEAST will come for you. All you need is a little bit of water and patience and you’re good to go!”

There must be some mistake…

-=-=-

What do you think?

Comment replies:

LadyKoKO: Thanks for being the first one to comment! Here’s an update!

Burning91Rose: Thanks for commenting! I hope you continue to love this fic as much as I love writing them!

Taemin’sbutterfly: Oh! You’re here too! Thanks for reading!

6 Comments or more for an update…
Please comment.

Truly Yours,
Tammy