Chapter 4 : When everything falls back to its place...

~* [한번만더 ... One More Time] *~

Suzy were busy munching a pack of potato chips in front of the TV when GD appeared in one of her favorite talk-show channel. He looks pretty casual in jeans and polo-shirt and it was hard for Suzy to deny that he looked… nice…

 

“Im Yoona… you don’t know how perfect your life was… and you just wasted it away…”, Suzy shook her head in amusement.

 

A few second after, the doorbell rang. It was only in the afternoon so it couldn’t be GD… so who is it? Suzy lazily crawled out of the couch and reach for the door.

 

“There’s a flower sent for…”, the delivery boy peeked from behind the flower bouquet and gasped in surprise, “Oh My God, I see Im Yoona!”

Suzy rolled her eyes, “I’m sorry?”

“Oh my God! I am your big… big… big fan!”, he stuttered as he quickly tear a piece of blank paper and handed it to Suzy, “Can you please sign this for me? Please? Pretty please?”

“So this is where I need to sign the receipt to get the flower? This?”, she raised her eyebrow in amusement.

 

This delivery boy should be a really big big big fan of Im Yoona just like he said. Suzy smiled and signed the blank paper. The heck with the signature, she didn’t even know Im Yoona before, how could she know her signature? Suzy abstractly signed the paper. Who cares!

 

“Here…”, Suzy handed back the paper and took the flower from the delivery boy. “Thanks!”

 

She waved and just closed the door, leaving the delivery boy drooling outside.

 

“What a weird guy!”, Suzy took the card from the bouquet and pouted. “This is not even for me! Who in the hell will send GD a bouquet of flower? He’s not a girl!”

 

Suzy went to the kitchen to find a vase or anything she can put water in and put the flower to keep it fresh. Once everything’s done, she crawled back to her favorite spot and turned up the volume.

 

“So, GD… tell me about this new song that you just perform…”

 

Suzy grumbled quietly. Darn… a minute late and he just finished singing?

 

“The title is just so intriguing! I mean… is there anybody, maybe your manager or anyone, who ever questioned you about this… how to say… very bland title? I mean come on… Six Months?”

“SIX MONTHS?”, Suzy almost burst up.

GD laughed softly, “Everybody were asking me about the title. I know it sounded ugly and weird… but for me, Six Months is a very meaningful phrase… a meaningful state of time in my life…”

“Interesting…”, the interviewer noted. “Tell me more about it…”

Suzy rolled her eyes, “Are you kidding me? It was my idea! My horrible six months period of life!”

“Long story short, just like the lyric… Six months is my time where I learned a lot of things that I never ever have imagined will happen in my life. A lot of strange yet amazing thing happened just in a blink of an eye. I wanted to say that six months is a long period of time for people, but for some, it was just a blink of an eye where… I don’t know how to say…like… giving you a chance to be someone’s new, like starting over on something. And I went through that phase. I am that some. I started over my life with the six months…”

“Ya right!”, Suzy smirked, “It definitely wasn’t my case here…”

“I have this feeling that you were actually talking about your engagement with Im Yoona, wasn’t it?”

 

Suzy paused for a moment. Something’s kicking her stomach. Was it? He wasn’t talking about her? He was talking about Im Yoona?

GD didn’t respond. He just smiled.

 

“Well… at least we know the answer”, the interviewer teased.

“I don’t!”, Suzy protested. “What’s the answer?”

 

Suzy tried to volume up the TV when the phone rang. She grumbled, pissed off as she turned down the volume to the minimum.

 

“Can you give me a break!”, she muttered before she answered the phone in a bad mood, “Yeah?”

“Yoona-ssi?”

“Who else could it be? Who is this?”

“How could you not recognize my voice? It’s Jason speaking. What happened to you? You sounded pissed off?”

“Yeah! You happened! I was watching GD’s show a minute before you forced me to crawl out of my comfort zone and picked up the phone.”

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to check if you received the flower yet?”

“So it’s you who sent GD the flower?”

“Yeah! It’s GD’s birthday today. But wait… don’t tell me you that you forgot that today is his birthday!?”

“Me? Me forgetting his birthday? Impossible!”, she muttered to herself, “How could I forget something that I didn’t even know…”

“What did you say?”

“No, nothing… in fact…”, she paused for a while, “I’m planning to well… do something…”

“Good. I can give you sometime to prepare since I also have to discuss something with him later on. By the way, am I invited?

“U-uh… definitely not!”

“Urgh! I know it! Okay then, I just wanted to check if the flower has arrived yet. Bye for now…”

“Bye!”

 

Suzy hung up and crawled back to continue watching GD but… darn… it finished already.

 

“Great!”, Suzy hissed, “The show is finished and now I have to think on what to do for GD’s birthday! Perfect… just perfect! But… hey wait a minute… I just realized something! Me and GD were born on the same month?”

 

◆※◆

 

Jason was already waiting in the office when GD arrived.

 

“Here comes the birthday boy!”, Jason widely smiled as he stood up from his seat and greeted GD with a big hug. “Happy birthday!”

“Thanks, Man!”, GD hugged back before he took a glass of water and threw himself on Jason’s comfort chair. “The traffic was horrible!”

“You were not just living here for a month or so”, Jason laughed. “Well… any romantic plan with Yoona tonight?”

“I don’t think so…”, GD slightly smiled.

“Come on! What are you embarrassed of? I called Yoona this afternoon to check whether the flower I sent for you has arrived yet and she told me about a plan… which I’m pretty sure I wasn’t invited… so-”

“Yoona told you that?”, GD rolled his eyes.

“What happen between you two? Why were you and Yoona getting weirder and weirder by every second?”

“Anyway, what’s with the rush? Is there something you wanted to talk about? You seemed so excited on the phone and I don’t think you called me here just to say happy birthday?”

“Correct!”, Jason nodded in excitement, “In fact, I have a birthday gift for you!”

“What am I?”, GD rolled his eyes, “An 8 year old?”

“You’ll be surprised!”

 

Jason opened his drawer and pulled out a big brown envelope before he handed it to GD.

 

“Once again, happy birthday!”

“What is it?”, he looked at Jason in confusion.

“You asked me to find information about the guy in the picture. There it is. Everything is there.”

 

GD couldn’t wait to open the envelope up. He found a bundled paper inside.

 

“It was really a hard work, but hey… who are we talking about! It’s Jason the great!”

“I really appreciate it, Jason!”

“Don’t mention it! Oh, anyway… why didn’t you tell me that you were actually looking for Im Yoona’s dad?”

“Im Yoona’s dad? This is Im Yoona’s dad?”

 

◆※◆

 

“Suzy Bae… What have you done!”

 

Suzy looked at all the things scattered on the kitchen table. She didn’t know what she was thinking when she bought all of the stuffs.

 

“What’s done is done! Now I only have to find an easy recipe on how to make a birthday cake. Oh my God, Suzy Bae! Why do you have this ridiculous idea to make a birthday cake from scratch!? You can’t even make a proper kimchi ramyun!”

 

And the self confliction last about an hour before Suzy finally printed-out a birthday cake recipe she found on the internet.

This is the first time in her life she tried to make a birthday cake. She hasn’t even ever made a birthday cake for her mom nor herself. She was so amused with herself.

 

“Let’s make this work! Preparation time 30 mins, baking time 30 mins.”, she kept reading the paper, “Good, only an hour. I can still prepare for the dinner too… Now what do we have here? Flour, check! Eggs, check! Butter, check! Baking soda… wait… baking soda?”, She browsed through her shopping bag, “Damn it! Why do they need baking soda to make a cake? Baking soda… hmm… can I just put a little toothpaste? It has baking soda, right?”

 

◆※◆

 

GD sat quietly besides Suzy’s body in the hospital. He stared at her with mournful eyes. Jason’s words were echoing on his head. How could this kind of thing happened? How could, in any way, Im Yoona and Suzy Bae shared the same dad? How could possibly Im Yoona and Suzy Bae were looking for the same person.

GD remembered when Yoona told him that every birthday wishes she made is to find her dad, a dad who divorced her mom and left home without anything but a bag of clothes. GD remembered how Yoona told him about his dad, about how he loved her so much when she was a little, how he was so close to her more than her mother.

Everything was just so confusing. He really couldn’t understand how could the dad Suzy’s looking for and Im Yoona’s dad, is the same person? What would he do if Yoona and Suzy found out about this? But by any means, there is one thing that started to get clearer. This fact can explain about how the swapping soul could have happened in the first place… they shared the same blood!

GD caressed her hair softly as he smiled.

 

“Hi, baby… It has been a long time… ”

 

Yes, it has been a long time he hasn’t seen Yoona… the real Yoona he loves.

 

“Do you remember that today is my birthday?”, he stared at her deeply. His eyes started to get watery. “If you can hear me, I have something for you… a surprise! Isn’t it weird? It’s my today and I’m the one who give out a present for you?”, he smiled softly as he caressed her cheek. “Im Yoona can you hear me? Can you hear me? I have found your dad, the dad you were looking for! Aren’t you happy?”, he started to cry, “Im Yoona, please wake up and answer me. Please stop torturing me. I almost lost my self…”, he took her hand and put it in his cheek, “I… I almost forget about you. Please don’t make me forget you. Wake up and let’s go back to how everything’s started.”

 

His head hurts, his heart wrecks. He was tortured. The longer Im Yoona stuck in Suzy’s body, the longer he spend the day with Suzy Bae, the more his fond grows towards her, and also the sooner he will forget about Im Yoona’s existence. He was really afraid that one day, he will forget the fact that the girl he really love is Im Yoona and not Suzy Bae. He was so afraid to admit that he started to see Suzy Bae in different light. Yes, he… started to fall for her, he knew it, and he has to stop!

A minute after, his mobile rang. He pulled his mobile out of his pocket and saw Suzy’s name there. He immediately answered the call and once he finished, he stood up and kissed Yoona’s forehead before he walked out the door.

 

“See you soon, Im Yoona…”

 

The only thing GD didn’t know, Suzy’s body started to convulse uncontrollably and her heart-rate started to get distorted once he was out of sight…

 

◆※◆

 

Suzy tiredly threw her body on the dining chair before she dialed GD’s number. After a few second, GD answered her call.

 

“Hey GD!”

“Suzy? Are you ok?”

“What’s with the question? Of course I’m ok!”

“No, because you called me. I thought something happened.”

“What could happen here?”, Suzy laughed, “Anyway, I just wanted to know what time will you be home?”

“There’s still something I need to do, so I think it’s gonna be late. Why? You want me to buy something on the way home?”

“Oh, no…”, Suzy looked at the birthday cake and the seaweed soup she made for GD she finally sighed deeply, “Okay then… don’t go home too late…”

“Now you’re just like my mom.”, GD laughed, “See you at home…”

“Okay…”

 

Suzy hung up and once again looked at the birthday cake and the seaweed soup that’s getting colder by each minute. She was walking towards the couch to rest her body after a long day in the kitchen when she suddenly felt a crashing pain on her body. She clutched in pain on the floor. The pain was unbearable. She felt like her body will wreck into pieces. The heat she felt inside was like almost burned her up. Her face got paler by every second. Bullet of sweat oozed up through her skin pores. She felt like dying. What’s happening?

 

“G… GD…”, Suzy moaned weakly before she passed out on the floor.

 

◆※◆

 

GD looked at his watch as he sipped his coffee. A moment after, a woman walked inside the coffee shop in a hurry. GD waved his hand as the woman smiled. He stood up from his seat and bowed.

 

“I’m really sorry. The traffic is unbearable, even at this kind of time…”

“I’m the one who should apologize to call you out in a sudden, auntie. Please take a seat. Anything I can offer you?”

“A cup of tea would be nice…”

 

GD called the waiter and ordered a cup of tea for the woman sat in front of him.

 

“I was so surprised when you called me just now.”

“I’m sorry, Auntie. It’s just that I have something to talk with you about…”

“You made me nervous, Ji Yong-ah. Is there something happened to my Yoona?”

 

The woman in fact is Im Yoona’s mother. GD paused for a moment before he smiled and shook his head.

 

“Everything is good. She’s perfectly fine, Auntie. You… you don’t need to worry about her…”

“I know Yoona will always be good in your care, Ji Yong-ah. I know how you love her so much”, the woman smiled.

 

GD nervously smiled as he nodded slightly. A moment after, the waiter came to deliver a cup of tea per GD’s order. She took a sip and rested her back on the chair.

 

“So about the thing that you need to talk about?”

“Auntie, I’m sorry if by any means I offended you for asking this. But… can you please tell me about Yoona’s father?”

“Yoona’s father?”, she asked him in surprise.

GD nodded slightly. “I’m really sorry if you think that it’s not my place to ask, but… you should understand how desperate Yoona is looking for his father.”

She paused for a moment before she sighed deeply. “How could I not know? She hates me for that. She blamed me for the divorce.”

“I’m sorry…”

“No, don’t be…”, she smiled slightly. “I will just tell you the story from the start…”

 

◆※◆

 

It was in the middle of the night when GD went back home. He found the lights were still on, so possible Suzy hasn’t sleep yet. Was she waiting for him?

GD slowly walked inside the living room when he found Suzy fell asleep on the couch. He smiled and shook his head. There’s something that couldn’t be changed by time…

GD was headed to the fridge to get a drink when he saw a birthday cake and a pot of seaweed soup on the dinner table. So, Suzy really knew his birthday and this is what Jason told him about, her plan? She prepared all of this for him. He looked at Suzy who still sleep peacefully on the couch. Something’s tickling his heart. Suzy… how could you do that?

The sound of GD opening the fridge has wake Suzy up. She rubbed her eyes and put on her glasses.

 

“GD?”

“Oh, did I wake you up?”

Suzy smiled, “You think? You know I usually sleep like a dead person…”

GD laughed softly, “I’m sorry… didn’t mean to wake you up…”

“It’s passed 12 but anyway… happy birthday… Jason sent you a flower…”

“Jason told me”, GD nodded.

 

Suzy followed GD and took a glass of water for herself.

 

“Hey, the thing on the table… Was Jason-”

“It’s me!”, Suzy protested, “I made that for you!”

“You?”, GD rolled his eyes before he burst out laughing, “Are you sure?”

“I’m not sure about the taste, but if you were asking me about who made this, I’m sure I made it myself…”

“Wow! I can’t believe it!”

“But well, I think you have eaten already, so, I’ll just clean this up.”

“Hey, hey…”

 

GD grabbed her hand to stop her. They paused for a moment before GD let her hand go.

 

“I’m hungry. I could use a piece of cake and a bowl of the seaweed soup. Besides, I haven’t made any birthday wish…”

“Are you sure?”, Suzy narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

“Of course!”, GD messed her hair and laughed.

“Fine... ”

 

Suzy lead GD to take a sit and light the candle on top of the cake before she turned off the light...

 

“Now make your wish before it all burned up…”

 

GD took a glance at Suzy before he finally smiled.

 

“I made my wish… and I believe I can make it happen…”

 

◆※◆