Chapter 3

Cat and Dog

Chapter 3

Please listen to 月 by Raspberry Field

 

            Youngjae stood against his locker as he casually chatted with SuJi and Daehyun—as always. This was his normal end of the day; Daehyun saying something humourous but erted, SuJi would blush and smack the back of his head, and Youngjae would just stand there laughing at the two.

            “Ah, I’m getting hungry…” Daehyun announced as he rubbed his, surprisingly, flat stomach,

            “Aren’t you always?” Youngjae joked completely unaware of the time it was.

            “Ha ha ha,” Daehyun sarcastically laughed, “I still want food though, you guys want to go eat somewhere?”

            “I’m busy, Umma wants me home early, sorry~” SuJi replied,

            “Well, Youngjae, come or not, I’m going to get food.” Daehyun said, putting his backpack on.

            “Ah, I’ll have to pass too, sorry. I feel like I am forgetting something though…” Younjae said, his voice drifting towards the end. Daehyun nodded as he began walking out.

            “Youngjae-ah, can I talk to you about something?” SuJi asked, a small blush tinting her cheeks.

            “Sure~” Youngjae smiled, not noticing her blush or the nervousness in her eyes.

            “Well-“

            “Oh my gosh! What time is it?”

            “Umm… 5:30, why?” SuJi asked with furrowed eyebrows.

            “I’m late! I’m late for tutoring BoMi! Sorry, SuJi, whatever you had to tell me will have to wait! I’m sorry!” Youngjae panicked as he put on his old, orange backpack.

            “It’s okay! It wasn’t important anyway~ it can wait. Have a nice time!” SuJi yelled at his running form with a tense, sad smile on her face.

            “Bye!” Youngjae waved as he ran towards the café, hoping BoMi wasn’t mad and was still there.

            BoMi’s eyes wondered in irritation as she waited for Youngjae with an iced Americano in her neatly manicured hands. She rolled her eyes slightly and wondered why she was still waiting anyway. She didn’t want to be here, not the slightest bit. She felt eyes on her—which was normal for her. She had been approached by entertainment companies and modelling agencies before—only to deny them. BoMi only did modelling and a few commercials due to her father’s desires, but she didn’t care for any of it. Her eyesight going into worthless space, her thoughts were nothing but bitter nothings, she sat in the café, alone.

            “Ah! I’m so sorry, I’m late!” Youngjae apologized as he snapped BoMi out of her thoughts. She jumped in surprise.

            “Oh, you scared me.” She gasped with her hand on her chest in shock. Youngjae almost gasped himself as he had never seen BoMi without her cold, blank expression. But, alas, her face went back to normal in no time. She looked at him again. Youngjae felt that soul-baring stare again, he almost shivered from fear.

            “So shall we get started? Which subject should we start with?” Youngjae suggested as he sat down across from her.

            “Don’t care.” BoMi replied looking at her nails.

            “English?”

            “Fine.”

            BoMi was actually good in English; which she spoke fluently. Due to her father’s company, she had to learn it and frequently used it.

            “How are you doing?” Youngjae asked in English as he had a book opened. He had a slight accent. BoMi felt herself somewhat shocked as she found it cute.

            “I’m doing fine, and yourself?” she replied—her English absent of an accent and was great.

            “I’m doing well, thank you. Your English is really good.” He replied, again in English, thoroughly impressed.

            “Should we do math now?” Younjae asked as BoMi thought for a moment. Math was her worst subject. The subject that made her so frustrated. She felt embarrassed to oppose as Youngjae took her silence as a yes and took out his math textbook. BoMi felt nervous as he began. She looked at the math book like it was a demon.

            “Now, Calculus…” Youngjae droned on and on and gave examples for BoMi to try to do. She felt her frustration worsen as she got yet another problem wrong. She felt humiliated, stupid, and dumb. Those insults from the girl in the bathroom came back to her as if to haunt her.

    ‘I think you are stupid; dumb; worthless. All you’re good for is spending your sweet father’s money and being a cold, . What happens when that is gone? You’ll be nothing… Wait! You already are nothing.’

   Her words echoed in BoMi’s head as tears swam in her eyes. Youngjae looked at her deflated appearance, biting his lip as he thought. She looked pitiful. Someone once so cold, like stone, looked weak like tissue paper.

        “Here, let me explain it one more time.” Youngjae began as he sat next to her.

        “No. I-I’m done for today! I’m done with everything.” BoMi protested loudly almost shouting. Youngjae’s eyes widened as she stood up and grabbed her purse and backpack, forgetting her textbook in her fit of rage. She almost began causing a scene. He felt embarrassed, somewhat mad, until he noticed the tears running down her pale cheeks. The way her face convulsed. She was an ugly crier, but that made Youngjae not want to see her cry anymore. He grabbed his stuff and chased after her.

        BoMi felt the rain beat against her umbrella as she walked out of the café. Her crying noises covered by the loudness of the storm. It was almost dark outside. BoMi looked up at her umbrella as she heard a crack. Then a crackle. And pop! Her umbrella fell through—unrepairable. She threw the umbrella to the floor.

        “Today really in doomsday!” She cried as she covered her face and let the rain soak her backpack and hair. She felt the rain soon stop hitting her.

        “Oh?” She looked up and there stood Youngjae. He had an umbrella over the both of them. He stood close to her as she looked at him with wide eyes. Youngjae blushed and stood flusted and stuttered out:  

        “A-ah, you forgot your textbook!”  


A/N: Sorry, I took so long to post a new chapter! School's finally out so I'll now have loads of time to write now and hopefully I can update more!  I'm actually thinking about getting a poster done for this story so if anyone knows how that works, please tell me! I'm kind of clueless  So, I hope you enjoyed and subscribe for more! I may have more fics coming out soon, so I'll keep you posted! 

-Sunny