IV: Finished for good..?

What It Feels Like to like Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Will switch to Luhan's POV to Naeun's POV to narrator's POV.

My eyes widened more, still shocked at the 'confession' I've received. Really, I'm used to confessions ever since high school, but this.. this was a different one.

It came from Naeun. My best friend, my childhood friend. The one I've been with as I grow up. The one who knows me well. The one who had witnessed me growing up. The one I really trust the most. The one I really never want to lose. The one I really want to protect for life. 

I couldn't think straight. I couldn't look at her even. I feel blank. We've always been best friends, and now she's telling me she's in love with me.. I don't want to think. 

"Urgh," I heard her groan before feeling her head fall on my shoulder. "You.. you seriously need rest." I said as I pat her back. 

"I know, dumb." I smiled in my thoughts, hearing her reply. She still managed to be sarcastic even at times like these. 

"Lu?" she called out. 

"Hm?" 

I heard her chuckle softly. "I'm tired." She whispered softly. "You know, I've liked you for years and I really don't want to say this but I'm tired, I'm really tired that you never notice me as a girl. I'm really tired that I had to be there when you're sad... uh, I mean, I'm really tired of being just your friend. And.." she stopped and sighed. "..we can't continue like this." 

My smile vanished when she delivered those words. I feel so horrible, but I couldn't blame myself because I never knew about her feelings.

Or was I just too dense? 

I was too dense. I'm so dumb. Plus the fact that I just knew, and it has only been minutes since, and now she wants to end everything. The whole minute after I knew, all I did was to be silent. I didn't say anything to stop her.

I don't want to lose her. I'm so mad at myself. Because of me, she's ending it. She's putting all those 12 years to waste. When she spoke, each word felt like knives stabbing me. 

I didn't answer Naeun, but she countinued talking.

"I just... really want to unattach myself from you." she said as her voice shakes. "Actually, I've packed my things. I'll be leaving so I couldn't--"

"So what, Naeun? So you couldn't see me?" I clenched my teeth. 

She slowly nodded, biting her lips. I held her hand tightly. "You can't do this, either. So don't." I could see she couldn't do this. I don't want her to. I know she wants to do it but she couldn't. I just want to fix this. 

"Please, Lu." She said in a hushed voice. "Please." 

I didn't want to hear that. It feels like I've hurt her too much. She sounds so tired. So tired of me. She is tired of me. 

"W-Where..." I tried to ask her where she's going to stay so I could visit her, or ask someone about her, but my voice is disappearing. I closed my eyes shut, not wanting this to happen. Not wanting her leave.

But when I opened my eyes, she's gone.

I'm going to miss her. 

-~-

"Hah, unnie, please. It's obvious, you like him! Come on," I nudged Chorong's elbows, wiggling my eyebrows. "You like him, right?"

Chorong blushed and I bursted out in laughter as I clapped. I didn't stop even though Chorong was already hitting my arms, telling me to stop. Until her face became serious, then I put on a serious face as well as I reach out for my caramel frappe, taking a sip. 

Then she took revenge. "Hah, Naeunnie, please. You like Baekhyun, don't you?" She copied me; even in actions. I choked and I raised my arm as a warning that I would hit her. When I dropped it, Baekhyun and Suho were already making their way towards us. 

"You guys are teasing each other again, come on. When will you guys stop?" Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter