III: Indirect confession

What It Feels Like to like Lu Han
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Will switch to narrator's POV from Naeun's POV

The whole week was awkward. More awkward. Quiet. Silence anywhere. It's been a week since the five went here and since that, no one in the house bothered to talk. I don't know what Kris did to Lu Han, but Lu Han looked terrible.

He had been skipping work. He would eat but it'll only be instant noodles. What the hell is the problem with him? I didn't know. I didn't bother asking. I would just drink at cafes, listen to songs at a corner in a mall, hang out with Baekhyun even, then sit on my bed the whole day and think, and feel like Taylor Swift. 

Staring at quotes, listening to songs, and cry. I cry because even though I lock myself in my room, nothing will change. I cry because I lock myself in my room, not seeing him. It feels nice, yet suffocating.

The pain's slowly creeping away, but it feels like I'm killing myself. Every minute that I'm not with him, I thank. Every minute that I'm not with him, I punch the wall and cry. 

I know it's the best for me to move on, unattach myself from him, forget my feelings, but I don't want to. I don't want the pain to disappear. I want him to be mine. I want to be his. I don't want to give up. But it's so hard, it's so tiring, so frustrating, so saddening, that he will never ever love me more as a best friend. 

And I thank Baekhyun, actually. For being there while I'm sad over Lu Han. He made me forget for a while, made me happy even.

I finally had the courage to get out of my room and go downstairs. But I automatically ran up again seeing Kris and Lu Han talking. I don't think I can be there. Seems like a talk that needs privacy. They looked serious. I hid behind a post near the stairs.

"Lu Han, you need to think about this, seriously."

"Why the hell do you guys want me to think about this anyway?!" Lu Han yelled. He was mad. What should he be thinking, anyway? I thought.

I heard Kris sigh. "You like her, Lu Han!" I didn't know why Kris was doing this. He doesn't have to force us. I already accepted it. I already did. But I never stopped loving him. Plus, I think Lu Han shouldn't know about this. 

"I said I don't like her! She's just a sister to protect! That's it, nothing more." 

And all of a sudden, it was too difficult to breathe. 

-~-

I opened my eyes and everything was blurry.

I looked around. It was his room. I'm laying on his bed. White walls that for a second I thought I was at the hospital, organized things, clothes, some pictures, his computer. Everything clean. 

Then I saw him sitting beside me.

"Uhm, what happened?" I asked and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter