The Cold Hard Truth

Let Me Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a double update... Don't forget to read chap 7 first :)

 

“What the is wrong with you, !?” the irate Hoseok yelled as he entered the dorm room. Seldom did he get angry, but when he did, the world better watch out. He saw Zico sit up in bed but was blind to any details at the moment. He stalked over to his roommate, shaking fists at his sides as he tried not to strike out at the freshly awakened man. “You my best friend, break his ing heart, and then come home to take a ing nap!?” he yelled with incredulity.

 

Zico was at a loss for words for a moment. His eyes traveled from the thunder in his normally happy roommate’s eyes to the white, strained knuckles and trembling fists that seemed to be screaming to be used. Making such a huge mistake hurt much more than any fist ever could and he ached for the physical pain to override his emotions.

 

“Yeah, what of it?” he replied, trying to smirk. He pushed Hoseok away as he swung his legs off the bed. At least he had found a way to push the overly friendly man away once and for all. As he stood up, reaching for his discarded clothing, Hoseok blinked, momentarily dumbfounded by the fact that anyone could be so cold hearted.  

 

As Zico pulled his hoodie on, he was suddenly punched in the stomach. His breath whooshed out of him but he made no other sound. “Is that all you’ve got?” he chided Hoseok as he hid his pain in an ambling-like stride towards the door. He gave his roommate a fleeting glance over his shoulder as he walked out the door which had been left ajar.

 

Hoseok swore there was a look of saddened gratitude on Zico’s face as he silently sauntered out of the room, swinging the door shut in his wake. Finding himself alone with his impotent rage he called Yoongi for support.

 

With a deep sigh, Zico walked down the corridor towards the dorm elevator. He had no idea what to do with himself but he definitely couldn’t go back to his room for the night. As he waited for the elevator to take him to the lobby, he ran the night's’ events through his head. It was like he had been riding a roller coaster with all the ups and downs.  

 

Lost in thought, he wandered the darkened streets, finally making his way to the campus fountain, subconsciously looking for a numbing peace. Instead, he found Namjoon of all people. The man was lying on his back on the edge of the fountain, body shivering as the fountain mist, riding on the chill September breeze, dampened his skin and clothing. Seemingly unnoticed, Zico stood there for a moment, worried the other would catch cold. He knew not to stick around though and turned to leave.

 

“Why?” he heard Namjoon’s crushing plea. “What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I be loved? Why am I so broken?” His voice wavered and cracked. Zico turned to look at the young man again. This time he noticed the tears streaming down the other’s face and pooling in his ears. The look on his face was so lost and distraught that Zico couldn’t help but step forward, the need to love and comfort overriding his senses.

 

“It’s not you.” he whispered as his voice wasn’t strong enough to speak up. “It’s all my fault, not yours at all.”

 

Namjoon’s head lolled to the side, seeing Zico standing there, lips trembling and eyes tearing up. “What are you doing here?” he asked numbly.

 

“Hoseok’s pissed, to say the least. Thought I’d give him time to cool down for the night. What are you doing here?” Zico asked as he slowly neared Namjoon.

 

Namjoon turned away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter