[TaeHee] Second Kisses

My Little Fantasies...

 

“Excuse me, could you shut your mouth please?” There she goes again. When will she ever learn her manners? “And stop staring at me. Though you staring at my good looks is no surprise, this isn’t flattering.”

“Miss Ahn, I will not stop lecturing just because you can’t hear yourself talking to Miss Lee.”

“Whatever, Mr. Teacher.”

--

“Ahn SoHee, please stay after class. I need to speak with you.” Hah, she deserves whatever lecture she gets.

I packed up my items as everyone chorused “Oooooh.” They all quieted down once she glared at them.

“What? Please don’t take long. I have plans.” She spoke loudly.

“Wait a moment, there’s still one more person. Mr. Dong.” I stopped myself from stepping through the door and turned back around. I sighed and walked over to him.

“Yes?” I asked politely. I saw SoHee roll her eyes.

“Wait a second, Youngbae. SoHee, your grades have been dropping to the point where you’re almost failing this class.” No surprise. How does this include me?

“So?” She scoffed.

“If you fail, you won’t be able to graduate this year.”

“WHAT?!”

“Exactly. That’s why I’ve-“ Oh no. Now I know why I’m here. “- assigned you a tutor. Could you guess who it is?”

“Why do you ask me to guess when the answer is right next to me?” Her face : -.-!!!

“That’s right. Dong Youngbae is your tutor.” It sounds so much worse actually hearing it come from his mouth.

“Aren’t you going to say anything?? Protest??” SoHee turned to me. She made a disgusted face when I snorted.

“Sir, I don’t know if I should tutor her. To me, she’s hopeless when it comes to education.”

“WHAT?!? Little freak thinks I can’t learn??!” She glared icily and took a couple of steps closer to look into my face. Who could blame me for what I think?

“Mr. Dong, that was rude to say. Please keep it to yourself next tim-“

“What no apology?” She cut in, still looking up into my face. I stuck my tongue out at her. We never really got along in the 4 years we’ve known each other…

------------

“Damn it! I won’t graduate next year if I fail this useless class?? Really! Who uses Trigo- Tri- Trig after high school?!” SoHee ranted as she paced behind me. How hard was it to pronounce Trigonometry? I sighed and opened up my text book. She looked back at me and sat on the seat next to me. We sat in silence for 2 seconds. “Aren’t you going to teach me?”

“You’re hopeless.” She screamed loudly causing me to wince.

“So you won’t even try to help me? You’d let me FAIL? I bet you’re loving every second of thi-“

“Not really! You’re too loud!” I said, raising the volume of my voice to the same as hers. She opened , offended.

“Well, I didn’t travel all the way to your house for nothing! If I didn’t want to try, I wouldn’t even be here!” She walked to my bed and threw a pillow at me. What she said was true. I sighed.

“Fine. Get back over here.” She sat on my desk and watched my textbook. “Sit on the chair, stupid.”

“I am not stupid.” She retorted as she plopped down next to me.

“Be lucky you actually believe that you’ll be able to pass this class.”

“Shouldn’t I be lucky that you want to teach me?” I rolled my eyes. Whatever.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, listen to me and you’ll pass the class.”

----

I tutored her for weeks. She actually tried hard. It surprised me. So she could study!

“Is that all there is to know now? How am I doing? Am I doing well? Will I pass the class? Could I graduate this year?” I stood by her and listened to her bubble.

“Calm down, SoHee.” I touched her arm to stop her from growing even more nervous. “You don’t have to be nervous.”

“I’m not. I’m excited and nervous.”

“You don’t have to be. I’m a good teacher.” I smiled to reassure her. She smiled back and looked back at our teacher. He looked up to us from his grade book.

“Looks like you guys have gotten closer..” I watched SoHee as she shrugged.

“It was bound to happen. I spent MONTHS with this guy.” She punched me lightly on the shoulder and chuckled. “There was no way for us to avoid growing closer.” She sighed. “So what’s my grade now? Youngbae, if I only have a D, I’m going to scream.” She threatened. I laughed.

“I’m used to your screaming. It’s amazing how you’re still able to talk right now.” She rolled her eyes.

“SoHee… looks like you’re graduating this year with a B.” SoHee still screamed. She continued to scream as she grabbed onto my arm and swung it around.

“I pass! We’re graduating next week! Woo hoo!” SoHee bowed her thanks and dragged me out of school. “Thank you so much, Youngbae! If it weren’t for you, I would’ve been held back. C’mon! I gotta reward you! No actually. I gotta reward us both! You for your tutoring, me for my awesome learning skills! I’m hungry. I’ll treat us to lunch!” She was ecstatic. I was happy.

She’ll be graduating. I’ll be graduating.

She’ll be leaving me and I’ll wave her off.

She’ll be happy.

And I won’t be.

----

“Congratulations!” I heard her scream from the crowd. I watched her throw her arms around all her friends. Maybe I’ll get hug if I walked closer. It’s worth a shot.

“Hey SoHee.” She turned around and her eyes grew more excited.

“Congratulations, oppa!” Did she just call me oppa? She hugged me tightly. “Did I say thank you already? Thank you! Thank you so much!” She cried happy tears into my graduation gown. I pulled her away gently.

“Ewwwww. My gown’s all wet!” I complained. She rolled her eyes and punched me one last time.

“You .” She pouted. I kissed her lips. As I pulled away, I saw her face of complete shock. “Oh my gosh.” She said loud enough for me to hear through the crowd of people around us.

“It’s my way of telling you. I don’t want you to go without knowing how I feel.” I could feel myself burning with embarrassment. I felt her rejection as she just stared at me with wide open. At least I won’t be angry at myself for not telling her now. I turned and walked away.

“Hey!” She yelled and turned me back around. “That was my first kiss.” She glared. Great. Now she’ll hate me for taking her precious first kiss.

“That was mine too.” I said defensively. My heart was already pained with her rejection.

“You stole my first kiss,” She smirked and continued. “I’ll steal your second!” She gave me a long kiss on my lips. She pulled away after some seconds. SoHee gave me her sweet smile. If I didn’t figure it out from our kiss, her smile would have told me what I wanted to hear. I smiled back and gave her a tight hug.

“I love you, SoHee.”

“Whoa. Love? That’s a pretty big word there. Are you sure?” She teased, holding me back. I nodded.

“Yeah. I’m sure.” She tightened her hold on me.

“Thank you. I love you too.”