Prologue

Medley of Dalliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Medley of Dalliance "Expect the unexpected." —— Prologue

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

An annoying ring pierced through the calm silence of the room. A sixteen year old girl was peacefully sleeping in her warm, queen-sized bed when her bedside alarm clock disrupted her rest. With one eye opened, she raised her pale, cold hands and silenced the clock, leaving the room to go back to its soundless environment.

 

 

Another boring school day… Yeonhee thought as she raised an arm to cover her eyes. Staying in that position, she thought had back to the hectic memories of last night.

 

Booze…Dancing…Flirting… One night stands… Don’t people ever get tired of that?

 

Now don’t mistaken Yeonhee as one of those party people. She didn’t drink any alcohol, she didn’t dance on the dance floor, she didn’t do any flirting- more so as she was the one receiving them- and no, she didn’t have any . She was only a part-time bartender, standing on the sidelines and watching half-passed out people letting out their inner party animals at the Neon Night Club.

 

 It was a Sunday yesterday, yet so many people were out partying their life out, not giving a about the consequences of a hangover. Yeonhee never quite understood those people except for the fact that most of them were just wasting their lives. For Yeonhee, it was quite amusing, actually; watching half-conscience grownups- and occasionally minors- having the time of their lives and doing stupid acts. It was basically an entertainment for her, which is why she decided to work a part-time job at the Neon Night Club.

 

She didn’t work there for the amount of pay-money, or because of the time-to-time good looking men, but because she had an interest in watching the delusions and inner crazy side people would let out. In short, it was just a little fun time to add a kick to her depressing life.

 

With a sigh, Yeonhee slowly pushed herself out from the warming, comfort of her bed and was hit by the cool, morning breeze. Making her way towards the bathroom, she dully walked through the dimmed, empty hallway. She entered the bathroom, and brushed her pearly teeth before she stripped and took a nice, warm shower.

 

After the shower, she had changed into her expensive school uniform. Unlike other girls who would take 3 hours to prep themselves for school, Yeonhee didn’t bother to brush her silky, black hair. She had only put on her thick, black eyeglasses and tried to cover as much of her face as she could with her hair.

 

Honestly, Yeonhee was a fairly beautiful girl. She had mesmerizing hazelnut eyes paired with long, thick eyelashes. Her thin, red, apple-shaped lips accentuated her healthily pale skin.  The only reason why she hid her beauty behind those dark-rimmed eyeglasses was because she was afraid. She was scared and afraid that people would approach her. She was scared that they would earn her trust but trample over it like it was trash. She was afraid of people. She just wanted to stay unnoticed so that people wouldn’t approach her just to use her.

 

It was different at the club because she knew that the people there didn’t want to earn her trust but just to get into her pants. But at school, it was different. School was filled with reckless bullies, unbearable stress, betraying love, unforgivable cheating, peer pressure, and the list goes on. You do something wrong, it would haunt you for the rest of your life. And the only reason why was because of putting in too much trust upon someone. That was what Yeonhee was afraid of.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter