False hopes

Me and You

But there is one thing that doesn't make him perfectly perfect.

 

He has a weak heart.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Taemin was the one who helped me out during school days. Even though I don't really want to rely on him, he's always there. To the point that he's so clingy.

But that doesn't matter as long as we're together right?

 

 

 

But I thought wrong.

 

 

 

 

We're living under the same roof for a long time now. I got a decent job, enough for us to survive; and Taemin also had a job which was under the same company as I am.

 

 

*flashback*

 

"Key hyuuuuung!" He marched excitedly towards me as he entered the living room.

"What is it Minnie?"

"Key hyung! I got a job! I got a job!" He stated happily while wearing a very cute expression.

"Really? Congratulations Taeminnie!!" I squealed and pulled him into a very tight bear hug. I feel very proud about him.

"Hhyuuung! C-can't b-breathe!"

"Oh sorry." I let go of him and we both giggled.

"So.. Where will you work?" He just giggled in reply which caused me to give him a confused look.

"SMent. Same company as yours, hyung."

"Chincha?? So you mean.."

"Yes hyung! We'll see each other there everyday!"

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

Well, he was always visiting and clinging to me during work hours. Sometimes I can't really concentrate on my work because he's around.

It's not that I don't want him around, but it's just too much. It's not like we don't live under the same roof.

 

 

To make the story shorter. He's with me everywhere I go. I love him, but I barely spend my time with my parents. I barely spend time with my other friends casue he's always jealous with them. Many times he would go on tantrums and would lose control to himself which caused his heart squeeze in excruciating pain pass out. I brought him in the hospital and the doctors let him rest. They said that it was because of a sudden stressful happening that he can't handle. After that scene, I never dared going out with my other friends.

 

Because I was scared that he'd literally die out of JEALOUSY.

 

 

 

"This is just too much!" I groaned in frustration and my voice echoed in the empty room. It was my day off today, and luckily Taemin's not.

"Strolling around the city must be fun." I grabbed my sweater and left our apartment. I strolled around the city and did some shopping to kill time.

I got tired and spotted a good place to rest. The "S Mini Cafe". It kinda looked abandoned since there are only few customers, and it's too small.

 

"Hi Sir. May I take your order?" The guy beamed.

"Uhm. I'll have a Mocha Frappucino, Jonghyun."

"How'd you know my.. Oh." I pointed at his nametag and laughed a little.

 

'Dork. A cute dork.' I thought to myself.

 

"One Mocha Frappucino right away. Name please?"

"Uhm.. Uh.." I was contemplating if I should tell him or not.

 

'Whatever Kibum, this is just a coffee shop.' I scratched my head as I thought internally.

 

"Key." I turned sideways but then I saw him smile.

"Alright. I'll just serve it Key-ssi. Take a seat."

I sat to the vacant armchair and relaxed. I looked around and there's no other customer around. I pity this shop.

"Mocha Frappucino?" He put the drink in the classic table and bowed.

"Thank you, Jonghyun." He went back to the counter and he started humming a familiar tone. I glanced at him. He was cleaning the counter top while humming.

'Such a calm person, huh?'

He glanced back at me and caught me staring at him. He smiled, I looked away to hide my embarassment. I sipped my cold Frappucino and let my consume me. I was thinking about my life, and Taemin. Taemin's condition. I wish I could do something to help him, if only I could donate my heart to him, I would. Little did I know, tears were slowly falling down my eyes. I quickly wiped them to prevent someone from seeing it.

Fail.

Jonghyun walked towards me and handed something. A handkerchief.

"I assume you need this." I looked at him and shrugged.

"No." He pulled my hand and placed the handkerchief on top of it.

"I said no. This is not what I need." He stared at me with a confused face and then smiled. He sat on the armchair opposite to mine, facing me.

"I guess so. So I guess a friend is what you need." I smiled and nodded. He was indeed a good mind reader. I like him. As a friend.

"So.. You can tell me what's bothering you if you want." I fiddled my fingers as I was contemplating if I should tell him or not. Even though he's being nice, we just met; and he's still sort of a stranger to me.

"Uhm. Before I tell you.. Maybe you could introduce yourself first?" He laughed a little and nodded.

"I'm Kim Jonghyun, and I own this coffee shop. I live a few blocks away from here. I have a hyung who own a restaurant which is called 'The house of Fried Chicken'. My parents also live in Seoul but I don't live with them now. I'm single and happy."

"Whoah whoah. Take it easy." We laughed in chorus.

"So now, you can tell me what's bothering you. I swear I'll be a good friend and keep it a secret."

"Well.. It's like this. I have a boyfriend.. and he's sick."

"Sick?"

"He has a heart disease."

"Oh. Continue." He smiled sadly.

"I feel guilty and sad because I can't do anything for him. I mean.. He's not that weak but still.. I feel guilty because.."

"Hmm. Because?"

"Because he treats me as if I am his everything and I can't give back that affection to him. He's more of like a little brother to me now. It feels like I'm betraying his love for me."

"What makes you think that you don't love him in a romantic way anymore, Key?" I was a little surprised by his sudden question, but answered immediately.

"Because.. I feel like I just want to take care of him as a dongsaeng. All of the hugs I give him were more like of a brotherly hug. And sometimes I get tired of his clingy-ness. He's always there wherever I go, and I barely had time with my family and friends. It's like he can't do anything without me. I don't want him to be dependent on me his whole life you know."

"I see.. Maybe you should explain that to him."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I don't want want him to be stressed out because.. because of his heart."

"Well.. It's still better if you tell him instead of hiding it. No secrets can be kept forever you know. It might hurt him more if you don't tell him early."

"You have a point."

"I mean.. It's better to not let him have false hopes about the two of you. So if he accepts it, there's still time for him to plan and fix his future without you as his boyfriend."

"You're right, Jonghyun. Thank you so much!" I smiled at him truthfully. His words are precious, and I know he's right. I shouldn't let Taemin have false hopes about us anymore. I want a good future for him.