o 2

Fate & Destiny.

happy ending

--

1384, Goryeo, King's Palace.

The entire palace was abuzz with the preparation for the Crown Prince's wedding. As the last wedding had taken place twenty-one years ago, the upcoming wedding was of utmost importance.

"Shift that to the left! No, left! More!"

"Have you gotten everything on the list?"

"Remember to send out the invites."

Suho stared blankly at the hustle and bustle happening in front of his eyes. Although he did not express it, he wished that he could have the freedom to choose a bride for himself. Alas, this was the fate of a future king. His entire life revolved solely around his country. To do something for himself would make him a selfish royal.

"Your highness, the Queen has requested for your presence." His loyal aide bowed as he relayed the message.

Suho nodded briefly as he gazed sadly at a name he had written in Han Chinese. 何穗."Tell her I'll be there shortly."

With a smile that hid his sadness and longing, he crumpled the paper. He knew he could never be with her, for she was merely a lowly Chinese woman, while he was the future king of Goryeo. He had constantly tried to forget about her, but she aded his mind tirelessly.

"Your highness-"

"Let's go." he said as he tossed the ball into the fire.

::

Seoyoung bit her lip worriedly as she watched her surroundings change rapidly. Hana, who probably sensed her insecurity, patted her shoulder comfortingly.

"Don't worry, I'll help you. You'll be safe with me."

Seoyoung nodded speechlessly, thanking her through a small smile. "I don't know what I was thinking." she whispered. "how can I replace agassi to marry into a royal family? What if I get found out? And can I continue living as the Crown Prince's bride forever?"

"Relax." Hana said soothingly. "Everything will be fine. Only you, me, and Minjung agassi knows this secret. Unless Master and Mistress come to the palace, we'll be safe."

"They are bound to find out one day... And when that day comes, my head will roll." Seoyoung groaned.

"We'll think of a way. Stop worrying, you worrywart."

"I-I just have a bad feeling about this." Seoyoung turned away, her heart beating furiously in her chest.

::

The day of the wedding finally came. As Hana helped Seoyoung to comb her hair and apply rogue to her cheeks, she quickly went through the procedures, and the things Seoyoung had to do.

"Keep your head bowed to prevent Master and Mistress from seeing your face. Also, during the rituals, use your sleeves to shield your face. I'll handle the rest afterwards."

"I got it. Thank you Hana, you've been a great help." Seoyoung took her hands into hers gratefully.

"It's my duty. Since Minjung agassi ordered me to do so, you're my agassi now too. Don't hesitate me to order me around, since I'm your personal maid."

Hana helped Seoyoung to the detached palace, where the ceremony was held. Hundreds of people were gathered to witness the wedding of the decade. Guilt squeezed Seoyoung's heart painfully. How could she deceive so many people? She spotted the Cheons, which caused her to tilt her face shamefully. They were the ones who had took her in and brought her up. The Cheons never mistreated her, instead, they regarded her as their own daughter. As she was about to back out of the wedding, a masculine arm took hers and guided her to the stage.

From her peripheral vision, she could make out a straight nose, petal-like lips and large eyes that had a tinge of sadness. "Are you-"

"Sh." he hushed. "We're not supposed to be talking."

Seoyoung cursed herself for forgetting the basics for the wedding. It had not even been a minute since she met her future husband and she was nearly found out.

Two hours flew past quickly and she was no longer Jeon Seoyoung, but Cheon Minjung, the Crown Princess and soon to be Queen of Goryeo.

::

2014, Korea, Korea Elite High School.

Seoyoung's eyes widened as she took in the view in front of her. The entire school was so well-furnished that it resembled a five-star hotel. The whole area was air-conditioned; the full length windows made of glass to reveal the well-maintained gardens and gold fountain; the tables made of rosewood that still carried the scent of wood; the uniforms classy and even the toilet bowls and sinks were sparkling and clean.

"Why didn't we come to this school earlier?" Seoyoung grumbled as she walked with Lee Hana, the other helper in the Cheon Household, to the lockers.

Hana shrugged. "Well, Hwayoung Girls High was pretty okay, but pales in comparison to this-this elite school here." she waved a hand at the expensive decor. "This makes Hwayoung look like a dump."

"The Cheons must have wanted to keep Minjung away from guys in order for the marriage to go smoothly. Guess that plan failed." Seoyoung snickered. "she ended up with Baekhyun instead."

"Shh, not so loud! You'll garner attention from everybody! Remember, you're Cheon Minjung right now." as she finished saying, she pointed to the gold nametag pinned to the front of Seoyoung's chest, which gleamed beautifully.

"Right. Cheon Minjung." she muttered. "I must have owed her in my previous life to be doing this for her."

"More like she owed you. Giving up the Crown Princess spot." Hana mumbled back as a group of guys walked past them, laughing obnoxiously.

"Hey!" one of them stopped in his tracks. "is that Kim Suho's fiancée?"

The rest of the group halted at his outburst. "Huh, looks like it. Cheon. Min. Jung. Yeah, that's her!" 

Seoyoung and Hana reflectively took a step back as the boys hemmed in. "Some personal space please." Seoyoung snapped.

"Oh, fiesty. Kim Suho got himself a good one this time." the one who first recognised her rubbed his thumb across his bottom lip. "Maybe I should do Suho a favour." he smirked greasily as he eyed her from head to toe.

"Jung Woomin, you disgusting ert." another voice called, causing everyone to turn in that direction.

"Well, well. If it isn't the loyal dog, Kim Jongin." Woomin spat viciously.

"Shouldn't you improve your vocabulary first before insulting others?" Jongin mocked, the corners of his lips curling into a smirk.

"You're nothing without your master, Kim Suho. How does it feel like to clean up his all the time?"

Jongin scoffed and leaned forward to meet Woomin eye-to-eye. "You're nothing without your loyal dogs as well. If I catch you talking to the lady and her companion over there again, you'll get a taste of what happened at Dongdaemun last year. Mark my words, Jung Woomin. Don't even think about getting close to her." As he was about to ask Seoyoung and Hana if they were alright, Jung Woomin procured a bat from one of his underlings, and proceeded to aim it at the back of Jongin's head.

"You sneaky bastard!" Seoyoung yelled, pushing Jongin out of the way, and delivered a kick to his family jewels.

"!" Woomin fell to the floor, clutching his crotch, groaning in pain.

Jongin chuckled. "Bested by a female, I see. You're losing your touch, Woomin."

" off." he gritted out.

"Don't want you to be around you longer anyway." Jongin retorted and walked off with his hands stuck in his pockets, whistling a happy tune.

"Let's go." Seoyoung said lowly to Hana when she noticed a crowd gathering.

::

Kim Suho let out an irritated sigh when he glanced at his watch. Kai was late. Again. At that very moment, the door was flung open and in came Kai, happiness written all over his face.

"What made you so happy?" Suho asked, amused.

"Jung Woomin." Kai chortled. "Your fiancée kicked his crotch. She's a fiery one, I'm telling ya." At the mention of his fiancée, Suho's smile dropped.

"She's here already?"

"At the rate you're sighing, your lungs are going to die." Kai joked. "Cheon Minjung is very pretty. If you're not interested…"

Suho rolled his eyes. "You Casanova. Tell Mother instead that you want to get married."

"How's Sui He?" Kai asked quietly.

"She's-She's doing great, I guess." Suho replied with a forced smile.

"You guess?"

Suho twiddled with his thumbs as he avoided Kai's sharp gaze. "She has someone else now."

"Bro, you and I know how deeply in love she was with you-"

"That's the past, Jongin. People change, feelings change. I can't promise her happiness, so what right do I have to snatch her away if she found someone that can give it to her?"

"Y-You're protecting her."

"What?"

"You only agreed to this marriage to protect her, didn't you? You knew Mother would never accept her. It would be ludicrous for a Crown Prince to marry a foreigner isn't it. You knew that, that's why you chose to leave her to protect her from Mother." Kai watched the colour drain from Suho's face. "So I'm right."

"Does it matter? I'll never stop loving her." Suho said. "By marrying another girl, I'm protecting her. But she doesn't know that, so don't tell her. I don't want to mess up her life even more."

Kai smiled. "I promise. So, shall we get lunch?"

::

Hope you enjoy.
Leave a comment below/ subscribe/ vote 


ᴡᴍ