1/1

Alley-oop

The squeaking sounds of their sneakers fills the court as Seirin High struggles on keeping the ball away from Seiho High, one of the three kings in the city. Seiho was a though team, if that isn’t obvious enough. They’re well-known by their defense player, a chinese student named Xi Luhan.

Suho dribbles the ball as he scans the court. It’s hard to see anything when you’re being blocked by someone taller than you. Ugh. Suho bites his lower lip in frustration. A glimpse of pink hair caught his eye though, making him a little relief. The other players doesn’t notice Minseok, which is normal and good for Seirin because Minseok’s passes that always helped them in their game. Suho makes a fake, which Junhong easily tricked and Suho immediately passes the ball to Minseok’s and Yunho’s direction. Yunho smirked. Lucky, he thought as the ball comes towards him. The ball suddenly changes direction though, turning towards Jongin. Yunho stood there, frozen by the sudden move the ball just made. What.. What just happen??

Minseok, that what’s. The pink haired male did the pass to Jongin and it goes unnoticed by everyone. Jongin catches the ball easily, grinning at his hyung before dribbling the ball towards the ring. Luhan immediately catches up though. Blocking Jongin’s way while wearing that weird smile of his. “Where do you think you’re going, ey?” Jongin smirks. The tanned boy also faked a move and quickly passes the ball to Minseok, who apparently was following him not to far. “What –“ Jongin immediately makes a run for it to the hoop as Minseok calmly shoots. The ball flies and Jongin was trailing after it. Oh no you don’t, Luhan thought as he runs. Luhan jumps and Jongin jumps towards the ball and makes a dunk.

The referee’s whistle had been blown suddenly. “Seirin number 10. Foul!” A white flag with the number four was waved after that.

Jongin stares down at Luhan. What... Luhan was sitting on the floor. Head dunked down and a smirk was plastered on the blonde’s face. He slowly looks up though, smilling maniacally at Jongin. The tanned boy clenches his fist. He did that on purpose.

“Jongin,” a calm voice suddenly came behind him and the tanned male immediately turns around. There, stood Minseok with his pink hair all messy and his basket uniform all drenched in sweat. “What –when did you –“ Jongin sighs. Nevermind. “this is the forth, Jongin-ah.” Minseok says flatly and slowly comes towards him. “I know.” Jongin said. “One more, and you’re out.” This time, Jongin groans. Of corse he knows that. “I know. Shut up.”

 

                “Seirin, change players!”

 

xxx

 

Seirin eventually won against Seiho. They still have one more game against Shutoku –Minseok’s ex-teammate, Kris’ team. “I don’t like you.” It was the taller said before the game had begun. Minseok just stared at him blankly, though his words doesn’t seemed that way at all. “I’m sorry Yifan, but we’re going to win.”

And they did, fortunately. It was difficult playing against Kris. Not to mention Jongin almost passed out in the middle of the game because of all that extreme jumping just to stop Kris’ threes from getting in. And it was a good thing that Minseok was there at the last seconds of the game too. He was the one who actually stop Kris’ from making another shoot. Jongin’s lips were tugged upwards as he pictures the image of their team, cheering happily and not to mention rather crazily –Coach Taeyeon cried so hard that Suho might drowned. Minseok, the image of the small petite male comes to his mind and his heart starts to pace up. Jongin shakes his head as he slams his locker shut.

“You look happy.”

Jongin flinches at the calm voice. He turns around and as expected, Minseok was in the same room as he is, sitting on the bench while sipping his milkshake trough his straw. “Seriously, stop doing that would you?” Jongin sighs. Minseok blinks. “Do what?”

“Suddenly come out from nowhere.”

Minseok shrugs. “I was here all the time. You just didn’t noticed me.” Jongin snorts. “Whatever.” Minseok’s eyes were still on Jongin. Slowly but surely, the petite male gave the tanned male a small smile. Jongin feels his heart flutters and warmth was slowly creeping up to his face and to his ears. Jongin quickly averted his eyes somewhere else. “Y-you did great today.” The younger stutters. Minseok watched the shy boy fidget under his gaze. He nods as he stands up and moves closer towards the taller male. His eyes never leaving Jongin and Jongin couldn’t stop fidgeting because of him.

A soft pair of lips met Jongin’s warm cheek all of a sudden and Jongin is left gaping at the elder, frozen by the sudden move that Minseok just made. And Minseok does something he wouldn’t even believe. The pink boy smiled. Like, a proper smile with rows of teeth displayed to him, making the cutest smile that Jongin could ever seen. Minseok never smiles that wide. Not even to his own kind –the Generation of Miracles.

Jongin stared at the empty space in front of him. Still in daze after what he had seen. He didn’t even realize Minseok was already gone. Then again, of course he wouldn’t noticed him. Minseok is a shadow –no, Minseok is his shadow. And Jongin is his light. Jongin couldn’t hold back his happy grin anymore as he touched the cheek that Minseok just had kissed.