The Rising Act

I'll Be There

A/N: Hey guys, it's avelric! I'm sorry I haven't been updating in a while, it's because I've been procrastinating and working on my summer homework. :(

I had big plans for this fic. But I do not have the determination and patience to try my best. :P I'm going to continue this story, just because I feel like I should finish what I start, but just as a warning...... Sorry I'm not going to be too invested in this fic. I've got better ideas for other stories, so stay tuned! 

Enjoy!


What was it that about Myungsoo that was so despicable? His body? His personality? The way he treated others? The fact that he would always be most fangirl's #1 oppa? Or was it just his prescence?

Sunggyu, biting a patch of dry skin of his bottom lip, stole a glance at him, trying to figure out what he felt towards his fellow bandmember. It most definitely that he despised him, but why?

He worked at his lips, finally managing to rip the white piece of skin off, causing them to bleed. He swore in his mind, and on his bottom lip, still thinking.

Myungsoo had a good body, lean, tough, and firm, but he didn't have a total six-pack and was all ripped. He had strong arms and legs, and many girls, aged from pubescent to middle-aged, tended to swoon when he looked their way. 

It wasn't just his body either. He was a flower boy. He had a pretty face. His deep, dark eyes were framed by long, lashes, fluttering when he blinked, his best feature totally girly. He had high cheekbones, and full, pink lips, something that most girls would envy him of.

And lastly, his nose. A perfect L-shape, given to him by God. It was a strong nose, and yet delicate and beautiful. 

He could most definitely see why he was so likable. No, lovable.

Though Myungsoo was good looking enough to be a model, his personality was quite different from good.

He was quiet, he rarely talked, and wore black almost everyday. One could say he was emo.

Sunggyu would say he just thought too much in his head. 

And although his fans said that he was just shy or perhaps humble, he acted far from those both.

Especially around females.

"Sunggyu-sshi," said Hyunsung, his stylist, "are you alright?" She gave him a concerned look, and promptly passed him a waterbottle.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he replied. He took the waterbottle, snapped it open, and drank some water, wetting his bleeding lips to soothe them. Hyunsung, having spotted his ripped lip, grabbed a towel, and started dabbing at his lip.

"How'd this happen?" she asked, her brows knitting together in concentration.

"I was biting them," 

He recieved a harsh glare from her, a warning to not do it again. He wasn't looking at her anyway. He was staring at his enemy, still pondering about the mystery that was Kim Myungsoo.

Hyunsung followed his intense gaze, to where the flower boy was sitting in a chair getting his face and hair done, next to the other members. Infinite was in the makeup room where they were becoming presentable to get ready for a fan meet. And for the past 15 minutes, Sunggyu had been deep in thought.

The stylist sighed, shaking her head slightly, as she continued to dab at his lip. She looked at his deep frowning face, and then proceeded to wipe vaseline onto his cut. 

"You know," she started, not looking at his eyes as she got primer and then applied it onto his face, "he's going to notice if you keep staring at him like you can't take your eyes off him."

"I don't care," he replied automatically, "He can think whatever he wants." Sunggyu still trained his eyes on his every move, not bothering to look at his stylist.

And Hyunsung, after knowing Sunggyu for two years, didn't ask why he despised his fellow bandmember, Myungsoo. 

He wouldn't tell her anyway.


"Before you meet your Inspirits," said their manager hyung, "I have an important announcement to make to the rest of you." He looked at all the members in the eye, before lastly landing his gaze on Myungsoo and Sungyeol, their expressions not particularly happy.

Something had happened.

And something not good, judging from the myungyeol's expressions.

"We will be having your first world tour," he said, pausing, and taking in the shocked and happy expressions of Hoya, Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Woohyun. 

Sunggyu's face stayed impassive, bracing for the worst news that would soon come after the good.

"And after that, we will be residing in a country that right now, is classified information. We will be  staying there for a while, working on your new comeback. Staying in the midst of a different culture will be good experiences for you guys, and beneficial to learn to appreciate people NOT living in Korea as also your Inspirits."

Now, everyone had slightly worried expressions, staring anxiously at the floor and fidgeting around.

"And when I mean by a while, I mean a year or two. The time will lengthen as Woollim thinks it out a bit more."

"Hyung," piped up Sungjong first, "Don't you think a year or so is a tad bit too long?"

"A tad bit too long, more like way too long, am I right ladies?" Woohyun said, looking at their manager straight in his eyes. Sunggyu elbowed him in his side, and scowled at his disrespectful speech.

"That's why," added their manager, folding his fingers together, and then looking down at his dark coat. He sighed and repeated.

"That's why, Woollim has decided to let you have a 6 month hiatus." 

 

~~~~

"Inspirits are going to hate us. We're disappearing for half a year!" groaned Dongwoo, "What am I gonna do with my life?!"

"Most importantly," added Hoya, "I seriously have nothing to do during 6 months. Except dance and sing. But where am I gonna do that?"

"At the Woollim training roo--" Woohyun said.

"Exactly! Nowhere! So a hiatus is a BIG problem!" interrupted Hoya.

"Hoya, you can always do that at home." Sunggyu added.

"Or at a club." Woohyun pitched in.

"Woohyun, I want to come!" Sungjong cried, clutching at his arm, making Woohyun teasingly wrinkle his nose and try to pry him off.

"You're too young," remarked Sungyeol, hands crossing over his chest.

"So are you," 

"I never said anything about wanting to go!" 

"But I know you waaaant to," 

"Yeah right," 

Sunggyu sighed, and then attenvtively watched the only person who hadn't said anything about the situation, whether it was relevant or irrelavant.

Myungsoo.

His face seemed frozen, his expression not betraying his true inner thoughts. He stared off into a distance, his lips pressed firmly together, his eyes vacant and emotionless.

He scowled when he sensed Sunggyu staring at him.

Sunggyu looked straight into his eyes, unabashedly glaring at him even though he had been caught.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu.

Sunggyu and Myungsoo.

And finally the younger idol sighed. 

"I----" he started, but then their manager, after leaving them to their discussion for a couple of minutes, poked his head back in the room and announced.

"During the hiatus," he stated, commanding their attention from Myungsoo onto him, "we suggest you all go back to your hometowns to visit relatives. I'm sure your parents would like to see you before your tour."

"But... visit my relatives for 6 months? I'm  sorry but my brothers have girlfriends, and I can't stand being in their company. Can't I just stay in my dorm at Woollim?" added Hoya, with a nodding Dongwoo and Sungyeol.

"I would like to stay here," Sungyeol said, raising his hand, and looking at his other bandmembers for support.

"I suppose you can," replied their manager, "But to keep up with appearances, Woollim would like you guys to attend school."

There was silence.

"Seeing that Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Hoya are now above the high school age, they can attend at the Woollim academy of arts for the following months. It won't be too bad, and you guys can bond with the trainees."

"However, you three," he said, pointing at the maknae line, "Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Sungjong. Will attend high school."

"Hyung," started Sungyeol, "I want to go to the academy too. I don't want to attend high school!" he protested, shuddering at the thought.

"I agree," quipped Sungjong, while lifting Myungsoo's arm to show that he agreed too.

"Being an idol and not graduating from high school is not something to brag about. You guys should attend. We'll give you more freedom, to choose which school. This is already generous enough. Don't complain." he commanded, before turning around to leave.

But  as he jerked the door open, he looked over his shoulder and spoke directly to Myungsoo, "You, however, must attend Haknam High School. Now good luck on meeting your fans. I'll see you later."

 

Something had happened.

Something extremely and most postively horrible had happened.

Something that made Sunggyu decide that he most definitely hated Kim Myungsoo.