A Bet

I'll Be There

A Bet


"Ah!" Sunggyu cried as Eun Kyung flicked his ear, hard. The Lucario on the screen swerved onto the racetrack, where the racers crashed into him. Then a Princess Peach leaped over to him and slammed her umbrella into the other player. Since his exp was already high, he was K.O.ed. "What the heck was that for?!?"

"Yes!!" Woohyun said, pumping his fist in the air. "Got you, again, Sunggyu!! I told you Peach was stronger than Lucario!!!" And he proceeded to attack Eun Young.

"Go easier on unnie!!! She's having trouble!" Eun Kyung shouted at her brother, and then turned to Woohyun, "Yah!" she yelled, and threw a pillow at his head. Woohyun raised an arm to block it, and then, as a result, Eun Young dealt him a final blow, knocking him off screen.

Fwip Fwip! the videogame beeped and processed the score. Eun Young had come in 1st place, with the two older boys in last.

"I won!" she screamed, jumping around and pumping her fists in the air. She suddenly leered towards Sunggyu wiith a mocking smile. "Ahem." 

"Okay," Sunggyu started, glaring at her, "I technically didn't lose the bet, because this one over here," he pointed at Eun Kyung, while she stuck her tongue out at him in reply, "was distracting me."

"What, Sunggyu, you're that bad that you have to make up an excuse like that?" Eun Kyung interuppted, crossing her arms. "How pathetic."

"What?!" he cried back, and turned to Woohyun, "You saw her, didn't you?! She was attacking me!!"

Woohyun nodded his head vigorously, which made Sunggyu turn back around and say, "See?!??!"

"Sunggyu-yah! Our bet was whoever lost the game would have to pay the other money! No exceptions!! You said it yourself!! Don't try to worm your way out of this." Eun Young replied.

"Aish! Fine." Sunggyu said, and slapped  down money onto the table. "There!"

Eun Young snatched up the money and then said, "Only 5 won?!?!? That would only buy one snack! You're so cheap! Pay me at least...50 won!" she cried.

"50 WON?!?" Sunggyu bellowed. "You're crazy! How about 10?"

"No! 50!"

"Fine, 20." He slapped down some more won. Eun Young grabbed those, and then stared at him, hands on her hips.

"I said 50, Sunggyu, 50."

"No way!"

"50!!!"

"You're so greedy!"

"50!!! Are going back on your promise?!?"

"It wasn't a promise! It was a bet!"

"50!!!! 50!!!!!"

Around this point, the two younger girls Eun Kyung and Tiffany had grown bored, and grabbed the Wii remotes for themselves. Woohyun had been sitting there, staring nervously at their yelling and bickering. He then turned to the other girls, and watched them select their players.

"Ummm," Woohyun piped up, "Tiffany why don't you use Princess Peach? She has great mushroom and umbrella attacks."

Tiffany softly spoke, "Umm, mushroom and umbrella?" Eun Kyung just sighed loudly in the background.

"I'm sorry, Woohyun, but.....why Princess Peach?" TIffany asked.

"Well, you see, Peach has great, plus very unique attacks; you can notice her just about everywhere. Not to mention she is very popular, and can fight very well. She also has defense and blocks tons of other attacks from other players. In the midst of all of this, she looks really pretty."

"I'm sorry what?" Tiffany asked while selecting the battlefield.

"She's a pretty princess." he said, smiling and making a heart with his hands. "Cute, eh?"

"I'm...urm...sorry?" Tiffany asked confusedly.

In which Eun Kyung snapped and then said, "Oh my gosh, Woohyun you're such a dork."

"Mmmm! But I can't help it, Eun Eun!"

"Don't call me that."

"But Eun Eu--urm Kyung.....ahhh ok then." Woohyun then took a pillow nearby and then buried his face in it after hugging it tight.

 

"OH MY GOSH FINE!!!" Sunggyu yelled, getting all up in Eun Young's face, "I'LL PAY 40 WON!!!! I AM NOTTTT LOWERING IT, GOT IT?!?!?"

"YOU LITTLE CHEAP SNEAK!!!! FINE!!!! YOU'RE LUCKY IF YOU'RE STILL ALIVE TOMORROW!!!!" Eun Young screamed, her usually cheerful, round face all red and scrunched up like a ripe tomato. The angry girl ripped the won from Sunggyu's fists, and stuffed it into her purse. And then, she said in a relatively more calm voice, but still shaky, "I... have to go to the bathroom."

Sunggyu let out an angry expletive.

"Language." Eun Kyung reprimanded.

"Whatever. I'm gonna make a sandwhich." he replied, stomping into the other room.

"Geez, what is it with those two? They were all friendly and then the next thing you know, they're all fighting about some stupid bet." Tiffany huffed.

" I know right? When they first met they were all polite, and now it seems that starting around these couple months, they have been arguing nonstop!" Eun Kyung complained. "I mean they made up later on, but it's really ticking me off."

Woohyun's head popped up from the pillow, and his face lit up with an excited smile. "Hey, children, lemme let you in on a secret... from the love guru." he said, giving them an exaggerated wink. He ushered them closer and then said in loud but hushed whispers, "Sunggyu and Eun Young have been fighting a lot because....errr should I tell you guys? You may be a bit too young, eh?"

Tiffany shook her head violently, and Eun Kyung rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"Get on with it." she growled.

"Gosh, just trying to amp up the suspense." Woohyun cried, pretending to be hurt. "Ok, so they have been arguing becasue they actually........ARE DATING!!!!" he cried out. 

"Who's dating who?!?!?" called a deep voice from behind Woohyun. "Well? Answer me, boy!" he barked.

"Ahhh...Sunggyu, my hyung." Woohyun mumbled. "Yah, I just got a message from our manager....ahhhhh..." Trying to change the subject.

"And?" Sunggyu said, glowering at him.

"We have to go to the Infinite practice." he yelped.

"Fine," he huffed in reply, and went to grab his keys in his room, "Get to the car, Woohyun."