Prologue

Metronome
tumblr_mmk00cO3Qy1rnqolfo1_500.gif 
Prologue 
Prologue 
 
Solitude 

I had been living alone with my father ever since i was born. My mother died while giving birth to me. I chuckled bitterly as the thought occupied my mind. Looks like i had been a curse ever since i was born. But i didn't exactly long for my mother, i just felt bad. It was my fault afterall or so i thought.


She was a beautiful lady, pretty much the reason for my good looks. From the words that my father had said, i assumed that she was a gentle and caring woman. His words were filled with love whenever he talked about her. It made me feel even worse. My mother had sacrificed her life in order to save me. I wonder why ? she could have chosen to live, but she refused. She told the doctor to save me even though it meant death for her. 


Soon the feeling of sadness disappeared as something else caught my attention. A solid structure with a single needle, rhythmically moving to and fro, made me stare at it, unwavering. It was the first time i had seen a metronome. 


Tick Tock... Tick Tock....


Without a single deviation, the needle's perfect tempo was aggravating me. I purposely tampered with the weight a little. But i was disturbed when my father entered the room. 


He was a handsome man, with a  well defined jaw line and dark eyes, that were both intimating and gentle. His dark brown hair perfectly complimented his perfectly tanned skin. Although the wrinkles on his face were clearly visible, he looked youthful. His broad shoulders and tall figure contributed to his manly physique. And he held quite a high ranking in the society. Kim Jong-in was his name. 


"You mustn't touch it when it's moving. Once it is behind, it makes all of the beats following it wrong as well." he said with a tone of authority. He took the metronome with his hand and adjusted it. 


"If you do not change it back, it will never ever point to the right time again." he paused before he continued. 


"It is the same as a person's destiny. Yuna, every single bond and relationship that you are ought to make in the future or in the present, make sure to treasure and cherish them dearly. Don't lose them." He said with a firm tone and smiled at me. 


I returned the smile and admired my father. Although he is cold on the outside, he had a warm and gentle heart, i respected him for that. He was a man who had gone through the burden of raising me even though he had a hell lot of work. 


He soon embraced me and started to talk about how much he missed my mother. I listened to him patiently as he told me about the struggles he and my mother had faced. I chuckled from time to time when i saw my father being carried into a dreamy state of mind as he was reminded of the good times they had together. 


He signed as he wished how wonderful it would have been if my mother was here. He then excused himself when a call interrupted our family talk. Silence soon engulfed me, pulling me into a state of depression. 


And once again i was left with the bitter feeling of being alone, the thought's from before slowly making their way back to my mind. 

tumblr_mmk00cO3Qy1rnqolfo1_500.gif 
AUTHOR'S   NOTE:

 

Author's note - So the first chap is up. I purposely made it short since i wanted you guys to have an insight on Yuna's past.