Part Two

Trapped

Part Two

 

It's been two months since he cheated on Tao with the blonde bint and he's still haunted by it. The memories are still fresh- the books he dropped. His horrified face and tears. When he yanked his arm away and left and slammed the door behind him. He can't get Tao out of his head and everything reminds him of Tao. The smell of roses that his secretary received this morning. Someone laughing at a joke. Hell, even the tuna and sweet corn pasta he used to make him at the canteen.

 

He thought that by getting rid of Tao he would feel better but he feels worse. He doesn't mope around at his flat though, he goes to work and acts like everything is normal. "Wu Yi Fan doesn't show any feelings," his father once reminded him. So he drinks to forget all his sorrows. It numbs everything and he welcomes it. That's what he was doing when Zhang Yi Xing and Xi Lu Han burst into his office at 11 am in the morning.

 

Kris rubs his eyes and blink at them stupidly. Someone s a cup of tea at him, taking care to spill it on his face on the way. Gratefully, he takes the remaining content in the cup and dries his face. The tea takes effect immediately and he finds Luhan cracking his knuckles and Lay glaring at him, his arms crossed. "So you're blond bastard, what did you do to?" Luhan hisses, shaking his fist at him. Kris looks up at him from his seat, trying to move away from the fist, "Well good morning to you too, Luhan."

 

He flushes angrily and steps forward to land a punch on Kris. Lay comes forward, his eyes on Luhan's fist too, "Careful ge, we want him alive for questioning," Lay says casually before turning his attention to him. "I suggest you cooperate with us, Kris. Now tell us what did you do to Tao?" Kris smirks at them and leans back and takes a sip of his whiskey and tilts his head and drawls, "And why should I, Yi Xing? You barge in my office and you expect me to answer your silly questions?"

 

Lay points his finger on his face and snarls, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to this you but I'm at my limits. If you want to mess with us you may find yourself in the hospital with a black eye and several other injuries that may put you there for several weeks. It's your choice and you have ten seconds to decide." Kris stares at him, surprised at his nerve. He's also shocked that Tao didn't tell his whole family what happened and he's thankful. He realizes that he has to tell one way or another so he agrees and the men grin triumphantly.

 

"I cheated on Tao with my new employee and he caught us about to do it," Kris says frankly; he doesn't know what makes him say it. Their mouths drops open in shock but Luhan reacts first; he punches him in the eye, followed by several other blows to his face. He doesn't bother defending himself and takes them because he deserves it. He only stops when Lay finally restrains him. Lay turns to face him, rage written on his face, "How could you do this to him, you bastard! You broke his heart! We should've known better than to trust you. You better watch out, Kris. If you go near Tao again, our whole family will hunt you down and rip you to pieces. We are going to make your life hell, I can promise you that. Come on, ge." Lay gives one last glare and leaves with Luhan who slams the door so hard that it breaks.

 

He closes his eyes, feeling a headache coming on. He wonders how he is doing. Is he crying and moping about in his apartment? Is he digging through cartons of his favorite chocolate ice cream, chocolate wrappers scattered everywhere? No, he reasons- the Tao he knows is strong and would put on a happy face so not to worry his family but clearly his friends found out somehow. He sighs, knowing that soon the Xi Family, Zhang family and Hwang Family will be after him. He landed himself in this anyway and he has no idea what to do. The only thing he does know is that he wants Tao back but he is scared that if they get back together again he will mess up again. But without Tao, he feels empty and horrible and he's so ed up. He's never felt so depressed and he doesn't know what to do about it.

 

He knows he has hurt Tao badly and that he probably doesn't want to ever see him again but he misses him so much. But wasn't this what he wanted? To be free from everyone's ing expectations and to be able to do whatever he wanted? Kris decides he needs to resume his old lifestyle just to get some normalcy back into his life. He needs to have good and more alcohol to forget his problems. Destination set firmly in his mind, he twisted on the spot and called a cab.


He stood there for a minute, a bit light-headed from the alcohol he had consumed earlier. He focused on the graffiti on the brick wall then pressed his hand on it, a few moments later the wall melted away, revealing a glass door with a small slot where the handle was supposed to be. Taking ship card out, he slid it in, and the door swung open. He took the card out and slipped it back into his pocket and focuses on the scene in front of him.

 

There are bright neon lights everywhere in different colors and loud music blasting from an enchanted radio as people danced against each other in the middle of the room. There were tables and seats scattered around and a bar where drinks were served. He wanders leisurely, and heads straight to the bar. "A glass of whiskey," Kris says and it immediately appeared before him. He grabs the drink and spotting a pretty brunette sitting on a table, he sidles next to her. "Hello, y. Care if I join you?" Kris asks, giving her a seductive smirk.

 

She smirks and crosses her legs, revealing lacy underwear under her skirt. Kris grinned at her. He was always a ladies' man so it wasn't a problem. He remembered dating a few girls back before he got together with Tao. Tao... there was another reason why Kris chose him - he was unique and completely different from his ex girlfriends and he hated the fact that he didn't pay him much attention. Kris tried flirting with Tao, giving him expensive accessories, sending him roses and Gucci products and all those that guys like him would like. Tao would sometimes throw then in the trash, exclude the Gucci products. So he changed tactics. He'd try to make conversation and discuss about their favorite music and slowly after four months of this, he kissed him and Tao kissed him back. Kris had finally gotten Hwang Zi Tai to fall in love with him.

 

He stayed with him, deliberately flaunting him around his cousins and his ex (who hates Tao) and they were happy together for a year. He had thought it was only casual dating, nothing serious until Tao made him meet his parents. The affair was awkward to say the least. Tao's dad sat stiffly opposite him, glaring at Kris the whole time while his mom tried to make small talk with them. Then Tao's dad had stood up and grabbed him roughly up outside for a "man talk". He had lectured Kris not to hurt his son and all those protective bull. It was then he realized that everyone had taken their relationship seriously and was expecting them to end up married.

 

A loud cough woke him from his reveries and Kris realizes the girl next to him was staring at him expectantly. "Um…what was the question?" he asks stupidly as the girl laughs. She looks at him for a while and takes a sip of her drink before replying. "I can tell you have a lot on your mind." No Sherlock, he thinks sarcastically in his head, and she continues, "Let me guess- just broke up with your girlfriend because you cheated on her and now you're here to drink your sorrows away or to have a pretty girl to forget her. Correct?" she asks, tilting her head and smiling at his shocked expression. "How the did you know?" Kris asks, staring at her, impressed. She takes a sip of her drink again and simply says, "Your expression." He looks at her and thinks she reminds him of Suho. He decides to move on and asks, "So what are you doing here?" looking at her curiously. Her smile drops and she stirs her drink for a long time before answering. "My boyfriend dumped me for my best friend and I'm here to drown my sorrows and find someone to have with so I can forget that ing bastard." Kris turns a bit pink, feeling awkward but she waves him off, "You're different though. You seem like you really regret it and a bit lost. You don't need or alcohol, what you need is some advice. First of all, you need to sort out your feelings. How do you feel about her?" she asks.

 

"Boyfriend, actually..." He's unnerved by how she knew exactly how he felt even though they'd only met yet he kept answering her questions truthfully. Oh it, he thought- what was the worst that could happen? She's staring at him, waiting patiently as he tries to describe his feelings. "I… I know I love him but I feel like I'm forced to be with him since everyone expects so much of me and if I mess everything up and everyone will hate me for breaking his heart. God, I couldn't take anymore so I cracked and I needed to do something to get out…" Kris groans in frustration, running his hand through his hair. "I hated being restrained and losing my freedom that I started to hate him even though it wasn't his fault. I…oh God, I ed it up so badly. But now I realize that it doesn't matter. I didn't even like him at the beginning but now I love him and he hates me for what I did. I don't know what to do." Kris looks dejectedly at her, desperate for her to help him.

 

She places a comforting hand on his shoulder, patting him slightly. He looks up and is startled to see tears in her eyes. "That was the most amazing and honest thing I've ever heard. I know that you must have had a lot of pressure from going out with a wushu legend, especially since a tiny mistake could cost you everything. But God, you have to pull yourself together. Do you want him back?" she asks while shaking his shoulders. He nods, "Yes but he won't take me back. His family has warned me not to go near him again."

 

She smiles gently at him, "I thought you were supposed to be Wu Yi Fan. I'm sure you can charm him back if you put your mind to it. Now get out of here and win him back!" she tells him and drags him up and pushes him to the exit. He smiles sincerely at her, grateful for her help and kisses her on the cheek. She has helped him realize what he really wants and he is determined to win Tao back no matter what. Bidding her goodbye, he exits and he smirks, "Let Plan Win Tao Back commence."