Backstories

PERPLEXITY ☰ Writing Tips & Guidelines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Backstories

I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm having fun whilst posting these tips and guidelines. I actually learn by posting them. Do take note that I don't write them entirely. I take most of the ideas from realible sources in the Internet, hence the sources posted below this chapter. If you want more information, then you might as well click those links and read the whole text from that site. Anyways, I hope you like this one. This one is entirely written by me, so please excuse any grammatical errors that you might find. I don't think I'll have the time to edit this one.

<> <> ♚ <> <>

What are Backstories?

I'm pretty sure you guys know what backstories are, but yeah. Backstories are sort of like flashbacks at times, a way that most authors use to introduce new characters. Most of the time, they tell you about where the character lives, what they do and what their habits are. Excuse me if this example is similar to your storyline, but here goes. For instance, you present us a flashback showing how Chanyeol was two years ago, when he met Baekhyun. You introduce them as lovers before and whatnot. Now, don't get me wrong though. I write backstories as well! It just so happens that backstories might make your story boring from the very beginning. Why? It doesn't move the plot forward, and it doesn't hold any conflict. Basically, backstories are boring, though in a way, an author might make it exciting as well. Nonetheless, there are a few reasons to justify this thought.

First of all, think about this one. In order to start your story with a punch and draw your reader in, you need to construct a scene happening right here and now! Ask yourself. Have you ever read a story that impacted you from the very first chapter? Did it make you emotiona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter