When Teasing Turns Into Reality

When Teasing Turns Into Reality

It was nothing like you had ever expected, no. You would’ve never dreamed of something this great in a million years, and here you were. You were overflowing with pure happiness as you took in the moment. You looked to the handsome boy next to you who held your hand in his, slowly rubbing his thumb over your soft skin. You thought that you'd never succomb to all the cliché 'in love with your best friend' songs, but today you deicded that you didn't mind. No, you didn't; as long as it was with him.

Wait, rewind a sec. Let’s go back.

- - - - - - - - - -

You heard your phone go off early in the morning, at seven AM sharp. You grumbled and reached blindly for it, sliding the answer button and groggily speaking into the speaker.

“‘ello?” you yawned, rubbing your eyes.

“Hey, we’re going to record today, would you like to come along with us?” your friend, Jihoon asked. You’d often tag along with him when he was in the studio since you had a talent for producing and singing. You’d help him and the boys stay on pitch and sound good. Most of the time it was when their sessions were in the afternoon or were from the late night to early morning. They knew better than to disturb you when you were sleeping. So what the was he thinking today? Did he have a death wish?

“Like, uh, now?” you asked, sitting up and sliding your slippers on. “Don’t you know that I never ever ever do mornings?” you added, trudging to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Jihoon laughed and told you that today was their last day and they could use you on their final track. You sighed and stirred your coffee, debating on whether or not to do it.

“Fine, but only because I already made my coffee. What time do I meet you there?” you questioned, leaning against the counter.

“Around eight. If you wanna be late and come at eight thirty I won’t mind. I know you always have to look your best.” he answered. You rolled your eyes and told him that you’d be there when you’d be there, whenever that would be and hung up.

You sighed and placed the phone down on the counter, wondering which song they were doing today. There was a few they were choosing between, and heaven knows what Jiho had written late at night. Sometimes they were great; at other times it was obvious the time at which they were composed. You finished your cup of coffee in a long final sip and began getting ready. 

You didn’t rush and took your time, and by the time you stepped onto the subway it was 8:10.You weren’t dressed too fancy and simply had put on a romper with a pair of converse. The boys didn’t care. Hell, you could arrive in your pajamas and they won’t give a . And that was what you loved and adored about the boys.

You stepped out of the subway stairs and looked to see Jihoon waiting for you across the street outside of the studio. You waved over to him, however he was too busy playing with his phone to notice you. You grained crossed quickly and slapped his shoulder lightly, pouting up at him. He raised he head and smiled at you, breaking out into laughter.

“I was just texting you! I was worried you just went back to bed and wouldn’t show up!” he hugged you, showing you the text that he was about to send. You giggled and motioned towards the door of the studio, smiling up at him.

“Shall we go in, oppa?’ you asked, linking your arm in his. He shook his head at you and followed in your steps.

The moment you walked into the recording booth, you saw the others sitting around. Jiho was fooling around with the computer doing God knows what, Taeil and Kyung were playing some game together on their phones, U-Kwon was off reading in the corner, and Minhyuk was…where was he?

“Oh thank goodness, our star producer is here with her boyfriend. It’s about time!” Jiho exclaimed, swiveling around in his chair. You crossed your arms and glared at him, unappreciative of his teasing. He’d always make little remarks about you and Jihoon, however the two of you were close enough to appear as if you were dating. Which, of course, you weren’t. You were just really good friends and neither of you harbored feelings towards the other…or at least that’s what you told yourself. He was just really kind, handsome, and always kept a special eye out for you. Isn’t that what friends are for…or…no, it is; you just wouldn’t think about the other side of the coin.

“Yah! Jiho-oppa! We’re not dating!” you responded, breaking away from Jihoon’s touch. “Anyways, where’s Minhyuk at? I don’t see him here.” you added. Jiho looked around himself and shrugged, leaning back in his chair nonchalantly.

“Don’t know, probably went to he bathroom or some . He was here when your lover went to go fetch you, he’ll be back.” he replied, chuckling lightly to himself. “Wait a few minutes.”

You sat down on the couch beside Kyung and ran your hands down your face, sick of the teasing about your relationship with Jihoon. You watched as the mentioned boy sat down next to Jiho and whispered into his ear, pointing over towards the actual recording booth. You rolled your eyes and leaned over towards Kyung.

“What do you think they’re talking about, oppa?” you asked, watching their hand motions. He shrugged and continued playing his game.

I don’t know~” he replied in English aegyo, followed my a small cheer when Taeil emitted a groan of annoyance. “Maybe about the final song, I heard that Jihoon wanted to take a shot at songwriting and maybe Jiho let him. I honestly don’t have a clue.” he put down his phone, smirking over at Taeil in glee.

- - - - - - - - -

An hour had passed and you and the boys were putting forth a lot of effort into the song. There was a lot of complaining when it got to the higher pitched parts, but you pushed the boys through. Most were complaining that their throats hurt and that bringing the parts down an octave wouldn’t hurt the song. You merely rolled your eyes and told them to quit being wimps and to act like singers. 

“But I’m a dancer!” said U-Kwon.

“But I’m a model!” said Kyung.

“But I’m the brains!” said Jiho.

“Good; then use those brains to project that voice because I’m not rewriting your part and that is that. Look at Jihoon; he’s probably had the toughest time out of all of you and I doubt I’ve heard him complain once!” you stated, placing your hands upon your hips.

“That’s probably because he’s your boyfriend.” Jaehyo piped up, sitting in a chair beside Jiho with his legs crossed cooly. “Duh.” You formed your hand into a threatening fist towards him, your eyes squinting down at him. He simply scoffed at your actions and laughed with Jiho, ignoring how red Jihoon was becoming at the moment.

“Yah, hyungs! For the last time, we aren’t dating! We are close but were definitely aren't dating!” Jihoon groaned, rubbing his temples. Suddenly, he reached for your hand and pulled you out the door, closing the door with a slam behind him. You leaned against the wall and wore a curious expression, unsure of what exactly he was doing. Why is my heart racing so fast?, you wondered. This surely isn’t normal for friends…or I suppose it is. For really, really, really code friends. You looked up at him and met his gaze; your eyes locking.

“Look, I know that the games that the boys play in there are bull. But can I ask you a serious question out here where we won’t be judged?” he asked, running his hand through his hair. You heard the boys from inside making kissing sounds; you decided to ignore them.

“Sure, go ahead oppa.” you answered, biting your lip. 

“What the are we doing here? Are we stupid or something?’ he finally said after a long pause, now avoiding eye contact. He stepped back from you and sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets nervously.

“What?”

“Honesty hour here, we really do act like a couple. The only difference is that we aren’t official. I see the way you look at me and , I view you in the same way. As I previously said, what the are we doing here?” e asked, placing his band on the wall beside your head, closing inching closer to you. You looked down and hid your eyes, ignorance and fear hiding behind them. You didn’t know what the think or do at the moment. Everything was happening so fast you couldn’t keep track. Do I really like Jihoon?, you mentally asked yourself. I mean, maybe I do like him a bit more than a friend. He has always been there for me and he laughs at all my stupid jokes. I suppose that those are the qualities of a boyfriend…oh!

He had interrupted your thoughts with an kiss pressed to your lips, slowing down any train of through you had to a standstill. Without thinking, your hands flew straight to his waist and grasped lightly onto his shirt. You reciprocated his kiss and your lips fell in sync with one another, forgetting about the world around the two of you. He deepened the kiss and took lead, bringing his hands up to cup your cheeks. By the time you separated from the boy, your cheeks were flushing bright red and you were speechless.

“So? How ‘bout it?” he asked, skimming your cheekbone with his thumb. You giggled softly, now sure of how you felt. You looked up at him and nodded, breaking out into a huge grin. He laughed as well and brought your lips together for yet another kiss, which ended up being much shorter than the first. Once he pulled away once again, he pressed his forehead to yours. “Now come on, let’s go back in and get it over with.”

He took your hand in his and gave you a large grin, turning the door knob with his other hand. As he opened the door, he pushed six boys down onto their asses on the ground. You laughed as each groaned in pain, knowing that they were eavesdropping on your private conversation. You smirked down at them and clicked your tongue.

Oh, I’m sorry~” you said, your voice dripping with clear sarcasm. Your now-boyfriend laughed and kicked Jiho’s lightly, only laughing more when his hands flew to cover his . “That’s what you get when you eavesdrop, boys!”

“That’s oppa to you!” Taeil moaned, standing up and brushing himself off. “And besides, I have been waiting for what feels like years for this kid to finally ask you out. No way I’m not going to witness this magical event!” 

As Jiho found his way back to his swivel chair, he reviewed the song that you were recording and looked back up at the two of you. He smirked and placed the sheets of paper back onto the table, folding his hands together neatly inn is lap. You raised your eyebrow at this expression, slightly worried as to what he was up to.

“I think that I can handle whatever else needs to be done here, and since Jihoon is done with his part, the two of you can leave.” he politely said. You tilted your head in confusion.

“Why would I want to leave? I can stay here for another hour or so.” you questioned. Jiho laughed, eyeing your boyfriend to the side of you.

“You and Jihoon might wanna-“ he his hips into the air sharply, adding sound effects to make it more vivid. “-y’know?” You blushed and covered your mouth, looking over to Jihoon to see that he was wearing a similar expression. He shook his head rapidly, attempting to pull the best poker face that he could. You rolled your eyes and snatched the papers from Jiho’s hands, smirking down at the confident boy.

“I think I’ll stay here and finish this song, then take Jihoon-oppa home with me.” you winked towards Jihoon, blowing him a kiss as well. Jiho groaned and trudged back into the recording booth, placing he bulky headphones on his head.

“If that’s the case, let’s get this over with. Now that you two are actually dating, I sure as hell don’t want to see you two flirt with each other. I’ll get sick to my stomach.”