Goodbye Kris

Saying Goodbye

I watched as he waited for his plane to be announced for him to leave. s had said their goodbyes and had to leave before they could see him off. Through everything I tried to stay strong. Of course tears had been shed. But now everything was over. And it had never been so silent in this fandom.

It was as if everyone was waiting for him to turn around and have this be a dream they'd wake up from. Or a huge prank. Anything except what it was now. But it wasn't.

It was real.

And it broke every Exo fans' heart. It had been agreed we'd be renamed stars. For he was the galaxy and we were the stars in the galaxy.

But the hardest part wasn't when we first found out, wasn't during the trial, wasn't when SM let him go. No, it was today. The day he'd be gone. When this would become permanent. Like the tattoo on his shoulder. He would no longer be the co-rapper. The crazy hyung or oppa. We'd no longer see him get picked on by s or see him say his classic "That's not my style." 

The emptiness was soon to come. When even though Exo would never be remembered as just 11, that was the future. I now hate the number 11. 

I gulped and held onto my piece of paper tightly. And then I was walking up to him. When I finally got up to him I took in his height, his glasses, his everything. He glanced at me and smiled slightly, nodding at me. I took a breath.

"Hello," My mouth went dry as I talked. "Um, I just wanted to say.." I looked down at the words on the paper trying to give myself strength. "That I hope you feel you made the right decision, and as a star I'll always support you." He arched his brow in a mix of confusion and intrigue.

"Star?" He said softly, still staring at me. I nodded.

"Its the new..fandom name for your previous group.." I clarified. He nodded. A glint of saddness tinted his eyes for a moment and I knew he was thinking of Exo. I folded the paper in half then held it out for him to take. He looked at it then at me and took it carefully.

"What's this?" He asked, slowly starting to open the sheet of paper.

"Wait," I placed my hand over his stopping him. And I immediately regretted my action and pulled my hand back. It tingled  slightly and I held my inner spazzing in. "D-don't read it until you're on your plane..." He smiled and nodded. Then, perfectly on time, his plane was called for boarding.

"I will.." He nodded at me again and just as he started turning he suddenly turned back to face me. "Why are you called stars?" I was slightly taken aback by the question but I looked at the sheet of paper.

"It'll explain.." He glanced down at the paper that was still in his hands and nodded.

"But..Wait, what's your name?" He asked. I thought for a second. It was weird. How instead of my actual name coming to mind first it was my characters names.

Rina. The one that was supposed to be paired with him in the sequel. I had everything planned out...but now I don't know if I'll ever post it. While looking completely opposite of me, she was only a figure of my imagination. But then there was Kitty. Almost a living breathing version of me. But then there was also Gren. To be his future friend. And the trouble those two would have gotten into! And Ella...her destiny never sealed. Whether she marry the prince of winter or spring hadn't been decided. But my mind settled on Lessa. She, if she'd been real, would have taken this the hardest out of all of them. With all her emotions hidden until finally she'd break down.

That's when I said it. My job was not as a character. But as a fan. So I said the name I'd grown used to.

"Most people call me Kate." I said quietly. He smiled then nodded. 

"Wu Yi Fan." Then he was walking away. He waved to me and I let out the breath I didn't know I had been holding as he boarded. 

I remembered the words on the page like I remembered my own name. It came instinctively. I almost regretted not being able to see his reaction. But it was something that had to be read without a fangirl hovering over his shoulder. Still, the words were simple. Yet so filled with meaning that it almost made me cry while writing them.

 

You can't have a planet without a galaxy, and you can't have a galaxy without its millions of twinkling stars...thank you Wu Yi Fan for giving us a galaxy to hold our family of stars together.