She Does Care

Classic Love Story

6

She Does Care

CHAPTER SIX


“Your plan didn’t work yesterday and it’s not going to work today.” Seohyun tormented Kris, who was busy cooking up another plan, literally.

“Look, Hyoyeon and I have this special thing. Even though we rarely make visual or vocal contact we have an understanding. It’s what is so great about our relationship,” Kris said as he twirled a spoon in his hand.

“I do half of the chores around the house, she does half. It’s how our house is kept clean. It was one of the first rules she established when I first arrived back. She said and I quote, ‘this rule is negotiable, but please don’t you ever mess with my kitchen, don’t you dare touch it, don’t even try to cook in it’ “ Kris mimicked Hyoyeon lovingly.

“That’s why I think she was kind of mad yesterday. She takes pride in getting her food complemented. But, today my food is going to be so good, she won’t have any other choice, but to complement my culinary artistic abilities. “ Kris happily uttered, with a smile so big it was going to burst from his face.

“You’re delusional. Again this plan is going to explode in your face.” Seohyun mocked.

“Oh yeah, taste this delicious soup descended from the heavens.” Kris said as he spoon fed Seohyun his soup.

Seohyun smiled and gave him a thumbs-up in approval.

“Do me a favor. I don’t want the food to burn. Will you call Hyoyeon and tell her the food is ready?” Kris asked putting bread in the oven, so that it would stay warm. What a mistake he had done by asking such favor of Seohyun.

Seohyun hopped off the kitchen counter and ran up the stairs. She stood between the walls, in the dark corridor and decided to wait there. Whether Hyoyeon was home or not was not her problem; and she decided that she was not going to call her.

She happily went back down.

“I’m sorry Kris, but she’s not home.” Seohyun lied.

Hyoyeon was in her room taking a shower, so when Kris phoned her, she didn’t answer because her phone was in her purse, hidden behind clothes in her closet.

In a way Kris felt rejected and he turned off everything and urged Seohyun to go home.

“No Kris, are you just going to let all these foods go to waste. I think the least we can do is enjoy it together.” Seohyun suggested and Kris hesitantly complied.

He looked sad throughout dinner and this forced Seohyun to bring up their days in elementary school.

 

* * *

Hyoyeon came out of the shower and dried her hair. She changed and slowly walked down the stairs, as her stomach made needy growls from hunger. She paused by the dinner table, hidden from the couple sharing laughs and a seemingly tasty meal.

She saw Seohyun and Kris eating and smiling at each other, as if they were the husband and wife of the house. Hyoyeon scrunched up her face at the scene, and made a fake spitting noise at her side.

“Disgusting,” she whispered.

She quietly went back to her room, got her car keys and drove off to the beach.

 

* * *

Hyoyeon sat on a wooden table, watching the ocean waves splash wildly as they approached shore. It was scary, but at the same time somewhat relaxing.

She knew something was bothering her, since Kris’s return, but she didn’t want to admit that he still had such impact on her. She exasperated, as the scene of both Seohyun and Kris joking with each other made repeated cruel flashes in her head.

She decided to call the only person she could at the moment.

“They were just there smiling at each other, it was disgusting.” Hyoyeon stammered into her phone.

“Who? What are you talking about?” Kai asked on the other side of the phone.

“Seohyun and Kris. Who else?” Hyoyeon yelled to him as if it were his fault.

“There you go again. I’m telling you that you still love him.”

“No! It’s just that he always finds a way to humiliate me. And that’s why I’m so angry.”

“It’s very simple. All you have to do is ask for a divorce.” Kai suggested heartily.

“Never! I’ve been put through a lot thanks to him. I want him to suffer the same hell I did!” She vengefully spat back.

“Hyoyeon, that’s exactly what I mean. You sound bitter all the time. That’s all you think about, revenge. I’m scared you’re going to get sick.” Kai sounded more than worried on the other line.

“Are you sure that you don’t want the divorce because you want to take revenge or is it that you still want to stay by his side?”

Hyoyeon stayed silent at Kai’s question and almost ready to cry replied, “I don’t know anymore. I’m sorry I called. I just need to think.”

Hyoyeon hung up the phone and left a dumb struck Kai sitting at his apartment table.

 

* * *

Kris got out of the shower and dried his hair, leaving his towel a wet mess. He wrapped another towel around his waist and went out to retrieve his clothes from his bed.

He heard a faint knock on his window and decided to check it out.

Hyoyeon was outside ready to burst open the window.

“Hyoyeon, what are you doing? You’re going to fall.” Kris reached for her hands and pulled her in.

“We have a door you know?” Kris laughed.

“I know. I forgot my keys.” She stuttered as he noticed that Kris was half .

Kris’ eyes grew wide and started to smirk in response to her reaction.

“You like?” Kris mocked and twirled his body in circles to taunt her even more.

“Kris, please don’t tease me.” Hyoyeon got closer and placed her hands on his chest.

This caught Kris completely by surprise as he felt her warm hands caress his wet skin. His knees slightly trembled the closer her chest got to his.

“I can’t take it anymore. Kris, please tell me you’re not really going out with Seohyun.” Hyoyeon implored.

Kris melted under her gaze and grabbed her by the waist; he planted a deep and ardent kiss on her lips to make a point.

They parted and Kris explained. “I’m not going out with her. I’m sorry if I hurt you. It was only a plan to make you jealous.”

Hyoyeon smiled up at him. “Really?” She questioned.

“Really.” He confirmed.

Hyoyeon took off her jacket violently and hopped onto Kris’s waist. Kris held her securely by placing his hands at her buttocks.

Kris wrapped one of his hands on her hair and pushed her head to his so that their lips would meet. The kiss got deeper and more passionate as they got dangerously close to the bed. 

To be continued…