Lose Yourself to Dance

Classic Love Story

Chapter 14

Lose Yourself to Dance

The rainy night had fogged up the windows, blurring the scenery to the outside as Kris went up the staircase. Just when he thought the blazing cold was coming to a halt, the weather had to drop a few more degrees. He hugged his body with his arms across his chest, bringing his fingertips atop his shoulders trying to ease his shivering body. Of course his first two nights apart from his favorite human blanket had to be one of the coldest ones yet, or maybe he just didn’t know how to sleep without her anymore. He was smirking to himself, acknowledging that it was definitely the latter.

He was going down the corridor, following a trail of musical chords that reverberated from the walls. But it was no ordinary song. It was a tide of musical notes disguised like a delicate siren; seducing him into blithe and careful steps in a resolute decision to make it to the source of the sound. He walked further absentmindedly and stopped at the doorstep.

The lyrics and the last of its musical tone faded creating a silence that piqued his interest even more. I’ll just take a peak. He thought.  He opened the door as the song started to replay.

 

It was a stimulating tune that began with the strumming of a magical deep base and a series of short, but high picked notes on an electric guitar. The song, itself was a laid back, relaxing melody, but it was accompanied by fluid motion; the sensual waves of a curvy blonde. Kris would not be satisfied with just a peak; her body danced in a way that lured him; immediately drawing him in.

Her back was facing his front; completely unaware that Kris was in the room, paralyzed, feet stuck to the floor, with his eyes glued to her every angle, to her every curve; to the maneuvering of her thighs, and the flexing of her arms. She swayed her hips from side to side with the music, leaving Kris with his mouth agape. Hyoyeon had mentioned once or twice that she loved to dance, but this was something completely different.

While she continued to dance, one hand provocatively moved up her neck, where she grabbed a bundle of hair, raising it high over her head, then calmly letting it drop like a cascading waterfall of pure liquid gold. Kris bit his bottom lip hard, not caring to hurt it in the process, as long as he wasn’t caught, and he remained there for a while, without moving an inch.

But, Hyoyeon turned around and caught Kris looking like a deer caught in the headlights, flushing red like a tomato. It was surprising that she wasn’t her usual blushing self. He had half expected her to be running back to her bed and trying to hide a crimson cheek. He was sure she would have tried to wrap the sheets around her body and cry out for him to leave in utter embarrassment. Instead, she turned to face him, confidently.

It sent shivers down his spine, that he still didn’t quite know her completely. He realized that Hyoyeon would never fail to amaze him; he would never grow bored, because Hyoyeon, though completely unaware; would always find a way to surprise him, the way she was doing now.

 As much as he relished in this realization, it also terrified him limitlessly to no end; because he found himself falling deeper and deeper in love with her. The sudden awareness that he could lose her terrorized him, if anybody ever tried to take her away from him, he would go mad.

 

Hyoyeon watched his face glow with a happiness she had never seen before; making her smile widely. She put two hands at the hollow between her s and started to run them down her body.

Kris defied the odds by keeping his threatening moans nuzzled within the back of his throat, but doing so made him blatantly dizzy. She was dancing for him, a fairly obvious observation, but at no moment had she invited him over, even though she could see that he so badly wanted to get closer. It was kind of like the you can look, but don’t touch policy.

 But, his body shook somewhat in frustration and his hands trembled and craved to touch her, and there was a certain part of his body, a reproductive organ to be exact, that was throbbing like crazy. And he had no other choice than to hunch awkwardly in a failed attempt to hide it.

Suddenly, his prayers were answered and he was put slightly out of his misery when she curled all, but her index finger to signal him to her side.

He blinked vigorously, swallowing a large gulp of saliva before he drifted to her instantaneously. She turned to have her shoulder blades pressed against his pectoral muscles; her hips began to sway in a seducing manner from side to side against his body.

She arched her back against his chest and slowly slithered down his body, creating a friction that paralyzed him on the spot, afraid that he was going to lose it. The ideas that were running through his mind were insanely inappropriate.

“This is cheating,” he stuttered while placing his arms around hyoyeon’s waist as she came back up and turned to face him.

“We’re just dancing.” She spoke faintly as she grabbed one of his hands and guided it down the small of her back earning him a small groan that he was no longer embarrassed to release. She giggled lightly at the effect she had on him.

“I think we’re doing more than that.” Kris pushed her away gently at arm’s length and walked backwards to the bed; his eyes remaining glued to her body still dancing before him. He sat down and reached for her bathrobe sprawled at the edge of the bed and put it over his lap; determined to hide the growing bulge in between his thighs.

“Come on Kris.” Hyoyeon tried to pull him back up to her red carpeted dance floor.  “Lose yourself to dance.” She sang melodically; her legs rubbed up against him, trying to ease him into a more relaxed state, but she was only flustering him more.

“Noooo,” He cried out playfully as the childish blonde continued to tug on his wrists. Kris tried to pull back carefully, trying not to place too much strain on his blonde counterpart, but lost his balance and they both ended flailing on the bed, bouncing up and down before they realized that they were face to face.

“You definitely planned this,” Kris accommodated her on top of his body and pulled her gown straps back up to her shoulders. Her hair was tickling him as it swayed on his face like golden curtains, so he tucked the strands behind her ears and once again had full view to her shimmering light brown eyes. She was so close to his face it was breathtaking.

“You’re beautiful, but I’m not going to let you win.” He murmured in her ear. “I consider this cheating.”

“What about you coming into my room, like a thief, stealing kisses from me in the middle of the night,” She laughed propping herself with her elbows on his chest, watching him turn wide eyed at her revelation. “You must think I’m a real fool to not notice you sneaking into my room the past two nights,” She smiled triumphantly.

“Maybe I did…maybe I didn’t,” Kris said turning their position so that now he was on top of her, on all fours, putting a slight pressure against her shoulder with his right hand, disengaging her from any movement she might try to make. He then pinned one of her thighs to his hip and started caressing it up and down, agonizingly slow. “You could have dreamt it up.”

He tried to sound as convincing as possible in a hurried attempt to try and confuse her, although he knew perfectly well that he had indeed barged in like a modern Romeo and had stolen not one, not two nor three but a total of 6 kisses from the groggily sleeping blonde all in just the past two nights.

His plan worked, he had managed to confuse the naïve girl. She furrowed her eyebrows in disappointment, looking away from Kris who still had her tightly pinned underneath his body. He watched her thinking about his words, looking utterly confused, nibbling on her lower lip lightly, and pushing Kris past his limit.

“I guess I hadn’t thou…“Hyoyeon let out just a fraction of her sentence before she was silenced by the molding of Kris’s lips against hers.

 Their breathing quickened as he reached one hand further up the hem of her nightgown where he felt the contours of a centered bow at the top of her underwear. He played with it; until he started to pull it off.

She heaved for air and her eyes blared open when she felt her underwear reach mid-thigh. She hadn’t expected for things to go this far, but who was she to stop it, she certainly didn’t want to. But, she wanted to tell him that she won, and he could wait. Hell, he made her wait two years, what were a couple more days?

His lips released hers and trailed down her neck as he continued to pull her underwear even further down, just reaching the ends of her ankles, “I’m going to make lo-“

“Ha! I won! I won!” Hyoyeon yelled, pushing him off abruptly and starting to bounce up and down the mattress. She slipped the underwear off her ankles and kicked it, making it land right on top of Kris’s head.

“Congratulations.” Kris gritted his teeth widely and grinned in slight displeasure as he removed the underwear from his head.

Hyoyeon ran over to the drawers and slipped on another pair of underwear. “You can keep that one,” Hyoyeon winked at him suggestively. She jumped back into her bed and tucked herself in neatly.

He shrugged and crumpled up the lace underwear, secretly sliding it inside his right pajama pocket; frowning in resignation.

“That means two months of doing dishes…two months,” She said bringing up two fingers to taunt him while she basked in her glory. “Now get out, I need my beauty sleep.” She shooed him away with the waiving of her hand. Kris ran his fingers through his hair and swayed his head from side to side in astonishment.

“You expect me to just leave after that,” he said flustered. “I almost had you.” He said trying to contain his laughter.

“You almost had me?” She raised an eyebrow, flabbergasted, placing a dainty hand on her chest. “You almost had me?” she repeated in such a high pitch it was almost a squeak. Kris would have taken her seriously but she said it with such a playful overtone that it was impossible not to laugh. “It don’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning’s winning.” She quoted her favorite Vin Diesel line from the Fast and the Furious saga.

She liked to do that; quote famous movie lines when given the opportunity. Just three days ago it happened with a Harry potter quote; a variation really.

-flashback-

They were taking a stroll down their street and Kris spotted a peach tree with its branches hanging over their neighbor’s fence. He jumped high to reach a plump red and golden average sized peach.

“Kris what are you doing?” Hyoyeon watched out for him and looked around to see that there weren’t any watchful eyes around them. “Those aren’t yours, you’re stealing.”

“In California, if it’s hanging over the sidewalk like this, then it becomes free to the public,” Kris babbled as he ignored her and continued to reach for the tree.

“Yes, but this isn’t California.” Hyoyeon reminded him, keeping her back to him, like a guard. It was a hilarious scene as they stood back-to-back looking like partners in crime readying to begin a highly organized robbery.

Kris became impatient because the peach was too high up and he decided to look around for something he could use to raise his height. He looked at Hyoyeon and grinned. “Baby, climb over my shoulders and you reach for the peach.”

She mulled over the idea and then decided to be for it, after having watched him struggle for a while now. The peach did look delicious after all, it couldn’t compare to the ones in the store. “Fine,” she said.

Kris kneeled to the floor and helped her up. Once she had both legs over his shoulders she reached for the peach and snatched it from the branch. He brought her down slowly. She cleaned the peach on her shirt and handed it to him. She turned away from him and started to speed walk.

“Hey, don’t leave me.” Kris called after her.

“I’m going to bed, before you get us both killed or worse….expelled.” Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes.

Kris caught up to her and gave her the peach. “It’s for you.”

She sighed and took a bite before handing it back. He took her hand and interlocked it with his; walking hand in hand to their house as Kris happily ate his peach. She also smiled at his side and wondered if anybody had ever seen this side of Kris. He too had a visibly innocent aura. She didn’t know, but the answer was no; Kris only let her see this side of him. He would only ever show it to her.

-end flashback-

“Clearly you’ve been watching too much Fast and the Furious,” Kris closed the door behind him and walked to her bed. “Move over.”

Hyoyeon scooted just enough to create space for Kris to slip in. She squealed a little too excitedly and then clutched on to him rapidly, warming up instantaneously against his body.

“I really missed you,” Hyoyeon murmured placing a gentle kiss on the curve of his neck.

“I know,” He responded boastfully, but then added, “I missed you too.”

. . .

Hyoyeon pulled a patch of hair behind her and brushed at the ends trying to eliminate some of the knots that were settled on not coming undone. Kris was watching behind her, rigid trying to hold back laughter.  

“Your tie is crooked.” She said looking at him from her mirror; in a disapproving manner. She walked to him when she finished brushing her hair.

“I’m really excited about the trip.” Hyoyeon concentrated on fixing his tie with a better precision than the one he had used.

“Trip?” he questioned scratching his head.

“I assume you have planned something really nice for us on the 14th. I mean… it doesn’t have to be something big. There’s no pressure, it’ll be fine as long as were together.” She finished fixing his tie; concluding by giving him a peck on the lips.

“Yes, it’s going to be really nice” he gulped nervously.

 Her enthusiasm for that day had made his stomach drop. A trip? There would definitely be one; one that did not include her. He would have to make it alone, but he didn’t have the heart to tell her. He had found out about it just yesterday. It was important enough to have to postpone their plans for the 14th. But, he just didn’t have the courage to break her heart yet, although he knew it had to be soon because he was running out of time.


. . . . . . .

 “May I come in?” Kai knocked on his friend’s door, nervously.

“Come in,” Kris replied uninvitingly.

“I think we need to talk,” Kai fumbled a bit as he strolled to the desk.

“I don’t think so,” Kris denied him quickly as he swiveled around, rising from his chair.

“Please let me apologize to you,” Kai could see Kris’s expression, it was clear irritation, but decided to continue anyways. “The things I said…I know they angered you a lot. But it was really more of a joke. We shouldn’t fight over something so trivial,” Kai insisted trying to appease his friend, but watching slowly as he failed.

“Trivial? You think it was trivial?” Kris questioned with a shocked appearance. “Let’s be honest. You didn’t imply that you slept with MY Hyoyeon as just a joke,” Kris said certainly, glaring at Kai knowingly.

“Alright, so I did it with other intentions in mind,” Kai surrendered to his friend. “But it had been two years.” Kai shoved two fingers to his face, emphasizing the time he spent away from Hyoyeon.  “I didn’t think you’d come back. I don’t know how or when it happened but I fell in love with her.”

Kris sighed in resignation and understanding, “I suppose I can’t blame you. It’s really easy to fall for her.”

“It’s funny, isn’t?” Kris went around his desk and stopped just at its edge.

“What is?” Kai stood uncomfortably confused, not quite understanding his friend.

“How she doesn’t have to do anything. You just end up falling in love with her,” Kris turned to Kai, bemused in his own thoughts.

“Yeah,” Kai exhaled, swooning at a quick vivid flash in his head, of the blonde that had also stolen his heart.

“Yeah,” Kris repeated watching as Kai had a foolish face he knew all too well, the same one he had whenever he looked at Hyoyeon. “Well stop it!” He slammed a fist on his desk, startling Kai, making him come out of his trance.

“Of course,” Kai composed himself. “Hyoyeon who?” he played around making both of them laugh simultaneously. “But let’s not fight anymore…friends?” Kai stood up and offered to warm arms.

“Friends.” Kris accepted and gave him a strong friendly hug, that somewhat alleviated their usual hostile tension.

“I want to redeem myself,” Kai spoke.  “And to show that I mean it, I want to tell you something your father swore me not tell you,” he held his tall friend by the shoulders.

“What is it?” Kris asked him curiously.

“Your father came to me a little more than a year ago and he asked me to come into contact with a lawyer who could process your divorce papers as soon as possible.”

“He did that?” Kris furrowed his eyebrows, surprised as he moved to close his office door. “But how? Neither of us have agreed or signed to anything.”

“You’ll be surprised what a lawyer is willing to do when you offer him a blank check.” Kai explained. “But don’t worry. The lawyer working on the file is a very close friend of mine. The papers are almost ready. But the very moment I receive them, I will pass them through a paper shredder.”

“Thank you. This means a lot to me. But when you do receive them can you give them to me. I want to be the one to personally tear those papers apart.” Kris turned to his friend.

“Of course,” Kai replied sincerely. “I know how much Hyoyeon means to you now and I wish you two the best,” Kai hugged his friend back with equal strength. “I hope that with this our friendship can go back to normal.”

“It will.” Kris placed a gentle pressure to the hug, glad that he and one of his best friends were back on good terms.


. . . . . . .

Kris and Hyoyeon sat across from each other on the dinner table. Kris watched Hyoyeon intently, his gaze never wavering, but Hyoyeon was busy looking out the window, as the sun gracefully marked the outline of her lips. When she noticed Kris staring back at her, she started to flush a bright red and shifted her eyes to her plate.

“How long have you been looking at me like that?” Hyoyeon fumbled with her words, bringing her palms up to hide her flushing cheeks.

“For a very, very long time,” Kris responded calmly, sighing deeply, enamored with her innocence. But he said it meaning that he had fallen in love with her a very long time ago, sadly she had refused to see it.

Hyoyeon bit her bottom lip and curved it slightly. “Do you want to walk to the park with me?”

Walking to the park had become one of their favorite pastimes.

“You know if it’s with you, I’ll go to the end of the world.” Kris got up from his chair and walked behind her, pulling her chair out.

“I just asked you to the park, no need to get so corny,” Hyoyeon , taking his hand and guiding him out their double door entrance.

. . .

She lay on her back with her shoulders crossed behind her head, gazing at the reddish hues of the clouds permeating the sky as evening had yet to transform into night. She sat up slowly upon hearing the roaring laughter from his giant kid-like husband.

He was sitting by her side one moment and the next a small child had walked up to him and begged him to take him to the swing set. A tantrum is what it took for the child’s parents to allow the kid to get his way. He somehow got persuaded into pushing not just that kid, but a group of children along the swing sets, while their respective parents watched in awe and amusement.

Hyoyeon watched even happier, content to see yet another side to Kris she had never seen before. It was a parental instinct, both patient and nurturing. Is this how he would be with their kids? Thinking about it made Hyoyeon blush and start giggling without constraint.

“I know what you’re thinking about.” Kris sat next to her, surprising her with a kiss on the cheek. Hyoyeon flinched a little, nervous that she had been caught.

“How would you know what I’m thinking about?” Hyoyeon averted her eyes to the ground and questioned whether she was that transparent.

“I know you like the palm of my hand” Kris replied smugly, cupping her chin, forcing her to face him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Hyoyeon crossed her arms in front of her and looked away from him once again.

“I want them too.” Kris mumbled as he took a small glance at Hyoyeon, to look at her reaction but regretted it immediately when she tilted her head abruptly to face him.

Kris looked away rapidly in response. Hyoyeon could see him grow red in embarrassment as well.

“There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about it.” Kris outstretched his body, elongating his legs and crossing them as he placed his head gently on Hyoyeon’s lap.

Hyoyeon looked down at his face and resisted the urge to touch him. But there was a grave pleading in his eyes that eliminated that doubt, causing her to immediately reach for his cheek.

 She could feel his breath on her fingertips as they traced like a pencil about his eyebrows; mentally engraving every part of his face. She his forehead, feeling the creases fade and his furrowed brows relax with her touch. But her hands didn’t stop there. Her eyes suddenly shifted to his lips, and there too, her fingers traced softly and agonizingly slow, causing Kris to jolt slightly. Hyoyeon immediately removed her hand and curled them up to her face, ashamed.

“No, don’t stop.” He bolted up as soon as Hyoyeon removed her hands from his face. “I like you touching me like that. Never let me go” Kris said, with a demanding edge to his tone as he brought her hands back up to his face.

“Hyoyeon, would you like to be the mother of my children?”

Hyoyeon swallowed a gulp of saliva. He knew what he had implied before by saying ‘I want them too,’ but hearing him say it directly made her heart pound inside her chest. There was nothing in the world she wanted more in the world. The thought was very present in her thoughts, but she wondered if it ever went through Kris’s head. Hearing him ask her if she wanted to be a mother, made her tear up from sheer happiness.

She nodded and bit her lips thinking that it would clump the Niagara Falls of tears that were threatening to escape. But a tear inevitably started to roll down. Kris wiped it away and pressed his forehead to hers; pulling her by the neck to give him better access to her lips.

“Kris, there are children here.” Hyoyeon protested, but he refused to let her go.

“Parents are looking at us angry,” she continued.

“I don’t care,” Kris shoved her back against the grass, swinging a leg over her hips, making it impossible for her to escape while his mouth still maneuvered around hers.

Kris eventually let go. Hyoyeon tried to fix her ruffled shirt and looked down at her pants surprised. “What the hell,” she screeched looking down at her ed jeans. Kris was getting slicker and too clever with what he did to her body; that or she just became so distracted every time he kissed her. She seemed to forget about her surroundings, that she couldn’t see something as simple as Kris ing the top button of her jeans.

She looked back up at Kris, who had a serious expression. “What?”

“I don’t mean to ruin the mood, but there is something I can’t keep to myself anymore. It’s two things actually.”

“Spit it out.” Hyoyeon placed a gentle had on his cheek and urged him to continue.

“Kai told me about the processing of our divorce papers. My father asked him as a favor a while ago, but don’t worry Kai said he’d give them to me as soon as he received them.”

“Oh it’s that. Kai had already told me something about it a while back,” Hyoyeon laughed slightly, but her relief vanished rapidly as he saw that Kris’s facial expression remained unchanged, still looking bothered. “What is wrong, why do you still look like you’ve seen a ghost?” Hyoyeon asked worried.

“I think we should sign the papers,” he said turning the frown into a smile. Hyoyeon pulled away; her eyes shaped in a way that revealed a feeling past disappointment.

“Are you being serious?” Hyoyeon asked agitated.

“Yes, I’m being serious,” he contemplated his next set of words, not so confidently now as Hyoyeon had taken it the opposite of what he had expected.

Hyoyeon got up quickly. “Excuse me, I have to go.”

“Hyoyeon wait!” He yelled and ran after her. “I didn’t think you’d take it this way.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, was I supposed to look like this?” She pinched her cheeks upwards and flashed him an arrogant smile.  “What is wrong with you? What other way am I supposed to react? You do comprehend what you’ve just asked me,” She pointed two furious fingers at the right side of her temple, even more confused than ever as she bombarded him with a barrage of questions.

“Let me explain, then.” Kris grabbed onto her arm.

“No you don’t need to explain. I get it.” She tried to pull away angry. “Let me go!”

“You get what? Please just let me explain.” Kris demanded and pulled her in tight, making it impossible for her to move a muscle. “You want to know why, don’t you?” He directed at her, releasing his warm breath along the side of her cheek as she refused to face him.

“What possible reason could there be?!” She spat. “Let me go!” Hyoyeon kicked him on the shin of his leg. He let her go quickly as he took in his knee to his chest rubbing it in pain. Hyoyeon saw this as an opportunity to escape and made a run for it. She was much faster, there was no way he was going to catch her no matter how hard he tried, and he had also suffered a blow to his leg, fat chance he had.

“Wait! Why do you have to be so stubborn,” he muttered exasperated; being left behind.

Hyoyeon’s figure became increasingly smaller in the distance.

“How can she doubt me after I’ve just asked her to be the mother of my children?” He asked to no one in particular; walking slowly in pain, out of the park and back home.

_____________________________________________________

Everybody, did you miss this story? I really have no idea of knowing, but if you did I apologize for taking a while to update. I've been sick the past two weeks. I still have a mild cold, but its passing. Anyways, I won't take as long to update again, please blame my weak immune system. I've actually set up an outline for the next seven chapters, they just need to be filled in now.

So I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks everybody who reads, comments, subscribes, upvotes, I love all of you!! Thanks for the support.

Spoiler: this chapter is their first and last fight before a drastic change in their lives, whether it's good or bad, I can't tell you yet. (I'm sorry I sound like such a drama queen, lol!)

Enjoy!