Bonus

A Brighter Tomorrow

Three months had gone by and so much had changed. Daehyun was actually one of the sweetest guys he knew, when he wanted to be. He also was a child at heart, who loved to tease Youngjae as much as he could.

The three of them had been visiting Zelo in the hospital every day after school. The younger had survived, but was forced into a coma. Youngjae had mentioned that he could still see in color, but they were very dull and dim lighting. 

Yongguk had found his mate, surprisingly being Jongup's older brother. They both shared the love of music, spending most their time in the vocal room. 

Being friends with Daehyun was amazing, but Jongup couldn't help the guilty feeling he got when he visited Zelo. He had almost ruined all their lives and his friend might not even come out of the coma. Zelo was lucky to have someone like Youngjae to be by his side every day and pray for him to wake up soon. He wasn't one to give up and neither was Zelo. They would make the perfect couple. 

Like right now, Youngjae was currently sitting on a chair placed by Zelo's bedside as he held his left hand tightly. Jongup and Daehyun walked to the hospital together, though they seperated once they got inside. Daehyun needed to refuel his belly and Jongup just wanted to see his best friend again, while he secretly talked to Youngjae. The second Daehyun wasn't in sight, Jongup raced towards Zelo's room and quickly shut the door.

"Oh, hello Jongup." Youngjae greeted, though he didn't fully turn towards the other.

"Youngjae, I have something to ask you, but you have to answer fast." The two boys stared at each other in silence, waiting for the other to speak first.

"Well, out with it then." Youngjae said.

"Oh... yeah, sorry." Jongup blushed, scratching the back of his head. Again, the boys sat/stood in silence, until Youngjae couldn't take it.

"Jongup!" He raised his voice.

"Oh right. It's about Daehyun." He started, smiling to himself a bit.

"What's about me?" Daehyun questioned, entering the room with only a bag of chips. "The cafeteria said I ate too much last week and told me I was going to end up eating all their inventory." He chuckled, shrugging a bit as he closed the door. "So... what about me?" Youngjae glanced over at Jongup, not sure on what to say.

"Well, Jongup was just telling me about-"

"How much I love you." Jongup said seriously, staring right at Daehyun, who instantly dropped his jaw... and his bag of chips.

"Y-you w-what? L-l-l-" Daehyun kept stuttering, not even believing the others words.

"Yes Dae," Jongup giggled, "I love you. I... I'm not sure how you did it, but you distracted me from defending my heart and stole it, before engraving your name all over it." Jongup took a couple steps closer to Daehyun, grabbing his hands and interlocking their fingers. "Daehyun, I just wanted to be friends, but trying not to love you only makes me love you more. Your smile makes me lose my breath, your laugh sounds like the sweetest melody in my ears, and your kindness spreads to people as much as your smile. Dae..." Daehyun felt like crying, he honestly didn't expect any of this from the younger, not after his out burst a couple months ago.

"Daehyun, I love you. I'm so glad you are my soul mate. Your soul opened my eyes to bigger and brighter things, telling me not to be just comfortable, but completely, insanely in love with that one special person. I can't believe it took me a while to notice my brotherly love towards Zelo, but... I'm glad I did. Daehyun, I hope I'm not too late and that you'll still want to try and make us work. I guess what I'm trying to say is, Will you be my boyfriend, Daehyun?" Youngjae, as well as Daehyun, was surprised. Though he offered the two a smile and an encouraging nod.

"Of course. I would love to, Uppie. Just like I love you." Daehyun smiled, wiping his tears away and letting out a small chuckle. Jongup also smiled, leaning in to kiss Daehyun lightly on the lips. 

"That's what I like to see." The new couple snapped their heads towards the small, hoarse sounding voice. 

"Zelo?!" They exclaimed, running towards the bed. Youngjae was sitting calmly, a few stray tears running down his cheeks.

"Youngjae, aren't you excited to see your soul mate?" Daehyun questioned, knowing how upset his best friend has been.

"I am very excited, but I'm scared to hurt him again." Youngjae stated, trying so hard to keep his composure. Zelo, still a bit drowsy, but able to understand what was going on, tightening his hand in the elder's grip.

"This... this wasn't your fault, Youngjae." Zelo said.

"I wouldn't accept my mate as he was, so I was punished by almost losing him." Youngjae said, looking down at their combined hands.

"Jae this was m-"

"All my fault, Youngjae. We were walking down the street and I wasn't paying attention. A car was coming towards us without me even noticing and Zelo saved me. It wasn't anyone's fault, but my own. I was being oblivious and stupid. I'm sorry. Now let's stop being all sad, Zelo just woke up and I now have a boyfriend." Jongup sighed, interlocking his fingers with Daehyun's. "My soul mate."

"My soul mate." Daehyun repeated, placing a light kiss on their combined hands. 

~~~~


Ok! It's done now. lol no more ... though i would like to write a-no no no no no! lol no. This was it. :) thank you to my lovely readers <3 (Jae's face is my fave in this pic!)