Pt. 3

Do you know my heart?

You got an MRI Scan and the doctors can’t seem to understand, you shouldn’t have lost your memories. They said they’ll come back to you, they just don’t know when. Its been 2 weeks since you’ve woken up, you finally get to go home. Jieun brought you clothes to change into and Jin is helping you with your stuff.

 

"Where’s Jieun?" You ask Jin.

 

"She had to leave.." He grabs your bag  and you follow him out.

 

It’s silent all the way to your apartment, you’re nervous about being in a car with someone you don’t  know.

 

"We’re here."

You turn to face him and you can tell that something is wrong. Your heart is hurting for someone you can’t remember. It’s killing you that you can’t remember, you can’t imagine what he’s going through. 

 

"I’m sorry.."

 

What?

 

"I’m sorry.."

 

"Why are you sorry!" He hits the steering wheel with frustration.

He’s hurt, that the person who is his girlfriend, you, can’t remember him. He gets out of the car and grabs your stuff. You see he is struggling a bit so you help him out. You get out the elevator and head for your apartment. He stops walking and you bump into him. 

 

"You okay?"

 

"Sorry, I want paying attention."

 

"You have to be more careful, okay?"He pats your head gently. He then types in the pin and opens the door.

 

"Oh! how did you know the pin?"

 

"it’s our anniver-" He stops himself and sets down your bag.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing..I’ll just write it down for you." You go see your room and and touch everything carefully. You then open the closet and see all the cool clothes especially a varsity jacket. You put it on and see that it’s big. 

 

"Jin?" You walk to the living room.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Why do I have a jacket that’s too big for me?"

 

"It’s my jacket.."

 

"Oh.." You just stood there.

 

"I’m gonna go for a walk.." He hurries out the door.

 

Something is telling you to go after him but you don’t want to cause him more pain. You hear it start raining and grab an umbrella to go find him. You’re in front of your apartment building but he’s no where to be seen. You start getting worried not knowing where he is. You decide to call him you hear a phone go off and follow it. It’s Jin at the bus stop, he doesn’t pick up and starts getting on the bus.

 

"Jin!" You throw your phone in your bag and run after him. "Jin!" The bus starts to leave and you yell to tell the driver to stop. He stops and you get on. "Thanks" You scan your card and head towards the back where Jin is sitting. He still hasn’t notice you and you sit right next to him, he turns to face you.

The bus stops near Han river and you guys get off. It’s already late and there’s barely any people since it’s cold out. You go sit down and he sits next to you.

 

”__-” You slap his head.

 

"Why’d you try to leave without telling me! Do you know how worried I was? I looked everywhere for you! thinking you might get sick for being in the rain.." tears start forming. "Even though I don’t

remember you right now doesn’t mean i’ll be like this forever, my heart remembers you. So don’t try getting rid of me yet." 

 

”__-ah…” He embraces you. “I’m sorry I made it seem like that. I don’t want to get rid of you. ever. I love you and even if you never remember all the memories we’ve had then we’ll just start over. We’ll create new memories but  just no matter what i’ll never stop loving you. I’ll always be by your side.”

 

"You better not.." You rub your hands together cause they’re cold.

 

"You found it?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"The ring."

 

"Oh, it was in the jacket." 

 He smiles and shows you his. His ring had your name engraved in it and yours has his name. ”We bought  these on our 100th day, saying that no matter what we will never stop loving one another.” You link your hand with his, He stares at you then straight.

 

"Look, When I’m with you it feels right and when I’m not I feel empty. I want to follow my heart, because that’s what I feel i should do. I don’t know what this feeling is but I definitely need you by my side. I care about you." You turn to kiss him on the cheek when he turns to you. Your lips meet, you feel as if your heart is going to jump out your chest but it feels right. You close your eyes and he pulls you into a warm embrace. You don’t care if your memory comes back or not, all you know is that you’ll cherish the new ones you two will create and love him everyday more and more.