Chapter 4

Super Glued Together

    “I’m taking a shower first!”

    “No, I’m taking a shower first!”

    “No, I am!!”

 

    And the two were off again. It was early Monday morning, the sun was shining brightly and the two had school in less than an hour. Sungmin always wakes up happily every morning, but then there’s Kyuhyun. He’s not a morning person and he’s definitely not a Monday person.

    Kyuhyun began shouting, “IT’S MY SHOWER! I’M TAKING A DAMN SHOWER FIRS-”

 

    *Ring, Ring, Ring*

    

    Kyuhyun stopped shouting at the sound of his phone ringing. He glared at Sungmin before dragging him along to his bedroom. Kyuhyun grabbed the phone off of his computer desk and looked at the caller ID, it was Yesung.

    “What do you want?” Kyuhyun answered the phone grumpily.

    “Wow Mr. Grumpy-Pants, fine, maybe I won’t ask you.” Yesung pouted over the phone.

    “I didn’t answer this phone for nothing!” Kyuhyun replied.

    Even though Kyuhyun couldn’t see it, Yesung rolled his eyes, “So, your favorite band is in town and I have four free tickets to the show.”

    Kyuhyun’s face suddenly lit up into a huge smile. Sungmin noticed Kyuhyun’s change in emotion and was a bit confused as to what could make him so happy so quickly.

    “Do you wanna go-”

    “YES!!!!!” Kyuhyun suddenly shouted.

    Yesung laughed a bit, “Sweet! It’s this weekend!”

    Kyuhyun’s face suddenly dropped, “T-This weekend..?”

    “Yeah, is there something wrong with that?” Yesung asked.

    This weekend, Kyuhyun had promised to watch after Leeteuk’s children. Kyuhyun’s thoughts had suddenly become like the devil and angel on your shoulder. The children missed him and he certainly missed the children, but how many times in your life do you get free tickets to your favorite band? But Leeteuk was always busy with the kids and never had any time with Kangin, but how many times in your life do you get free tickets to your favorite band? Kyuhyun mentally shook the imaginary devil and angel off his shoulders.

    “N-No… There’s nothing wrong! I’ll make it!! I will!!” Kyuhyun said.

    “Great! I’ll give you the tickets when you get to school! See ya!” With that, Yesung hung up and Kyuhyun slowly put the phone down.

    “Who was that?” Sungmin asked.

    Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin and avoided the question, suddenly going back to his foul mood, “None of your business!”

    Sungmin was surprised at the sudden outburst, “S-Sorry for asking-”

    “Whatever, just go take a shower.” Kyuhyun said.

    Sungmin nodded slightly, but continued to look at Kyuhyun, who was facing the other way.

    “Um, a-are you coming?”

    “Am I wha-” Kyuhyun turned around and remembered their hands, “Oh… Right..”

    The two headed into the bathroom once again and Sungmin just stared at the shower in front of him. He looked back at Kyuhyun, confusion written all over his face.

    “You getting in, or what?” Kyuhyun asked.

    “How do I get my shirt off…?” Sungmin suddenly asked.

    “Aish!” Kyuhyun facepalmed.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    Arriving at the school, the two felt embarrassed. They had to walk around the school, holding hands. To everyone around them, they looked like a gay couple. Different reactions came from everyone around the halls. Some were disgusted, others, shocked. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at all the whispering they got as they walked by, while Sungmin on the other hand, was blushing furiously from embarrassment.

    The two stopped in front of Sungmin’s locker and Kyuhyun looked down at the scared boy, “You gonna grab your books?”

    Sungmin jumped a bit at his voice but nodded, “Y-Yeah.”

    Sungmin unlocked his locker and began pulling out his books. Kyuhyun looked in the mirror on Sungmin’s locker and saw Yesung and Donghae approaching the two. Kyuhyun turned around and looked at them, followed by Sungmin.

    “Hey you two love birds, how’s the hands thing going?” Yesung joked.

    “Shut up.” Kyuhyun said coldly.

    “Hey, if you want these tickets, you’ve gotta be nice!” Yesung smiled showing Kyuhyun two of the four tickets.

    Kyuhyun’s face lit up once again, but the thoughts of Leeteuk kept coming into his head.

    “Tickets?” Sungmin asked.

    Yesung looked from Sungmin to Kyuhyun, “You didn’t tell him?”

    “Well… Um.. N-No.” Kyuhyun confessed.

    “What are they for?” Sungmin asked.

    “Kyuhyun’s favorite band, Trax, is playing this weekend.” Yesung explained.

    “This weekend?” Sungmin questioned.

    Yesung looked at Donghae, then back Sungmin, “Why does everyone keep saying that?”

    Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, “Kyuhyun, you promised Leeteuk that we’d babysit this weekend.”

    Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin with a pout, “But it’s Trax!”

    You promised to babysit?” Yesung asked, “You? Cho Kyuhyun, you?

    Yesung began laughing and Donghae even giggled a bit. Kyuhyun became angry and suddenly snatched the tickets from Yesung’s hand.

    “We’re going.” Kyuhyun growled.

    “What!?” Sungmin shouted, “But Kyuhyun, you promised-”

    “Shut up!” Kyuhyun yelled at him.

    Kyuhyun began stomping off in the opposite direction, toward his locker, slowly dragging Sungmin with him. Sungmin mouthed the words, ‘I’m sorry’ to Yesung and Donghae as he was dragged off. Sungmin eventually caught up to the side of Kyuhyun.

    “Yah!” Sungmin shouted.

    Kyuhyun continued stomping away. He stopped in front of his locker and reached for the dial but before he could grab it, Sungmin stepped in front of him.

    “Yah!” Sungmin shouted again.

    Kyuhyun looked at him angrily and snarled, “Move.”

    Sungmin held his ground and glared at Kyuhyun.

    “Move!” Kyuhyun said again, this time, more furiously.

    “I thought you didn’t break promises!” Sungmin said suddenly.

    Kyuhyun thought back to their little game night, last night.

 

     “Alright, I’ve never broken a promise. I only lie to certain people. I was bullied when I was younger.”

 

He did say that during ‘Two Truths and a Lie’, but it wasn’t the lie. Kyuhyun looked down at boy in front of him who was pursing his lips into an angry pout.

    Kyuhyun sighed, “Sungmin, think about it! What would you do if you favorite band was in town? Babysit or go to the concert?”

    “Babysit!” Sungmin shouted without hesitation.

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and huffed in annoyance, hoping that Sungmin would’ve chosen the other option. Kyuhyun lightly pushed Sungmin away from in front of his locker so he could open it and grab his books.

    “If you pick the concert, I won’t talk to you, ever.” Sungmin said.

    Kyuhyun scoffed as he turned the dial on his locker, “Wouldn’t be the first time.”

    Sungmin turned his back to Kyuhyun and kept his lips sealed. Kyuhyun glanced over at him and scoffed once more. He grabbed the books out of his locker and noticed that Sungmin was serious.

    “Who says I need you to talk anyway!? It’s much more peaceful now.” Kyuhyun closed his locker and looked at Sungmin, “This is a god sent gift!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The two went the whole day at school without saying one word to each other. Sungmin had no problem with this, but Kyuhyun on the other hand began to struggle by the time school ended. The two got into Kyuhyun's car and before Kyuhyun began to drive away, he looked over at the shorter male.

"Still not talking to me?" Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin said nothing, he only looked out the window.

"Well, I know how to get you to talk again." Kyuhyun smirked at his idea.

    Sungmin took a small glance at Kyuhyun, then looked away again. Kyuhyun began driving down the street and when Sungmin thought he was going to take a left turn, toward Kyuhyun’s house, Kyuhyun instead, took a right turn. Sungmin looked back at the road, confused by the turn they took.

    Kyuhyun noticed and smirked, “Confused?”

    Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, but quickly looked away and pouted. Kyuhyun chuckled at the older boy and continued driving. Sungmin eventually noticed the road they were going down. It was the street that Sungmin lived on. Sungmin looked from the road, to Kyuhyun shocked.

    Kyuhyun continued smirking, “You ready to tell daddy that you’re gay?”

    Sungmin was beyond shocked and he was getting angry at Kyuhyun.

    “Oh and look at that!” Kyuhyun nudged his head toward Sungmin’s house, “Your fathers outside. I bet he’ll be happy.”

    Sungmin got scared and more angry as they slowly approached his house. Kyuhyun slowed down a bit and rolled down his window.

    They inched closer to Sungmin’s house and Kyuhyun looked out the window, “Hi Mr. L-”

    Sungmin covered Kyuhyun’s mouth with his free hand, “SHUT UP AND DRIVE!”

    Sungmin’s father quickly recognised the voice of the boy in the passenger's seat, “Sungmin!?”

    Kyuhyun stepped on the gas and began speeding passed the Lee’s house. Sungmin’s father ran after the car, but stopped in the middle of the street, shouting something angrily. Sungmin looked back at his father, scared. He took his hand off of Kyuhyun’s mouth and leaned back in the passenger's seat. By the time they got back on the road, heading the opposite way of Sungmin’s house, Kyuhyun began laughing.

    “Told you I’d get you to talk!” Kyuhyun laughed.

"Pull over." Sungmin said quietly.

"No, I'm on the highway, why would I-"

"PULL OVER NOW, CHO!!" Sungmin demanded this time, making Kyuhyun jump slightly.

Kyuhyun slowly pulled over onto the side of the road and looked at Sungmin confused.

    Sungmin looked up at the younger male, angrily, “That wasn’t funny!”

    Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin seriously, “You’re right." Kyuhyun suddenly began laughing again, "IT WAS HILARIOUS!”

    He continued laughing at Sungmin whose face had anger written all over it. Sungmin looked out the window, mumbling to himself.

    Kyuhyun’s laughing died down, “What was that?”

    “I SAID YOU’RE A BASTARD! I HATE YOU!” Sungmin shouted.

    Kyuhyun took a deep breath, “Come on, I couldn’t think of any other way to get you to talk to me!”

    “You could tell me that you’re not going to the concert! Then I would’ve talked!”

    “Ugh!” Kyuhyun groaned, “Sungmin, come on! There’s other weekends too! But this is like a once in a lifetime thing!”

    “Kyuhyun, if you babysit Leeteuk’s kids this weekend, like you promised, I will personally buy you tickets to another one of their shows!” Sungmin said.

    Kyuhyun scoffed, “Please, where are you gonna get the money for new tickets?”

    “I will!” Sungmin tried, “Besides, aren’t you always making rich jokes about me? One of those would come in handy at the moment.”

    Kyuhyun said nothing. It truly wasn’t a lie. Sungmin’s parents owned a big company, which gave them lots of money. So in a way, Sungmin was rich. But after that driveby Kyuhyun just did, Sungmin knew he wouldn’t be getting Kyuhyun new tickets, anytime soon. But hey, a little lie never hurt anyone, right?

    “Do you not believe me?” Sungmin asked.

    Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin once more, “Y-You’d really buy me new tickets? Your enemy.”

    Sungmin smiled a bit, “If it counts, you’re actually not that bad of a person.”

Kyuhyun continued to stare at Sungmin, whose face turned a bright red. Kyuhyun really wasn't that bad? Sungmin wasn't that bad either. In fact, he wasn't bad at all. Sungmin was one of the sweetest people, Kyuhyun's ever met. Kyuhyun used him as a bullying target all those years ago and now Sungmin tells him that he's not that bad? 'He must be crazy.' Kyuhyun thought to himself.

Without giving a word, Kyuhyun began driving back on the highway. Eventually the two headed back to Kyuhyun's apartment, but Kyuhyun stopped in front of the door, and put the key toward the lock, but he suddenly stopped his actions, confusing the older boy beside him. Kyuhyun didn't insert the key and and open the door, like Sungmin thought he would. Sungmin watched Kyuhyun carefully, but saw no movement from him. Kyuhyun just blankly stared at the door to his apartment.

"You okay?" Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun blinked a few times and slowly looked over at Sungmin.

"Kyuhyun?" Sungmin questioned, a bit concerned.

"Why?" Kyuhyun suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"Why?" Kyuhyun asked again.

"Why what?"

"Why are you so nice to me after all the things I've done to you?"

Sungmin looked away in thought, "Well, you know that saying, 'The past is in the past'? I'd kinda like to live up to that with you."

Kyuhyun moved his free hand, with the keys, away from the door knob and began making his way toward Sungmin, who didn't know whether to be frightened or comforted by the boy creeping closer to him. Sungmin backed away and eventually, his back hit the wall, though that didn't stop Kyuhyun from walking toward him. Kyuhyun put his and Sungmin's intertwined hands against the wall, on the left of Sungmin's head and placed his free hand on the right side of Sungmin's head, on the wall. Sungmin was trapped between the wall and Kyuhyun. The younger boy leaned his face close to Sungmin's.

"The past is in the past?" Kyuhyun questioned.

Sungmin was quiet, almost mute because of how close they were.

"So what are you suggesting exactly? That we take everything and put it behind us? Forget what happened then, and focus on now?" Kyuhyun asked, his voice deep and husky.

Sungmin thought for a moment before nodding slightly.

Kyuhyun paused for a minute before scoffing, "We're enemies, that doesn't just happen."

Sungmin felt a bit hurt, "I know but-"

"I already told you, we can be friends now, but when we're unstuck, which will be soon, we will go back to being enemies."

Sungmin stayed quiet again. He couldn't come to terms with the fact that they would still be enemies. If Sungmin wanted something, he'd be sure to get it, and right now, what Sungmin wanted more than anything was to earn Kyuhyun's trust and no longer be enemies.

"Understood?" Kyuhyun asked.

Without hesitation, Sungmin shook his head, "No. I'm going to gain your trust and be your friend forever, one way or another."

Kyuhyun was shocked at how Sungmin was standing up to the other. Nonetheless, Kyuhyun smirked, "Yeah, have fun trying, bunny boy-"

Suddenly, Sungmin flipped their position against the wall and now Kyuhyun was trapped between Sungmin and the wall. Kyuhyun was beyond shocked at this point.

"Believe me," Sungmin leaned his face closer to Kyuhyun's, "I will."

Sungmin grabbed the keys from Kyuhyun's free hand and headed toward the door, unlocking it and entering the apartment. As he walked in, he started thinking about how to make Kyuhyun be his friend forever. He knew the first step was to be happy and nice, so that's what he did.

Kyuhyun slowly closed the door behind them and when he turned around, he was faced with Sungmin's back. Sungmin took a deep breath and turned around, looking at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun blinked a few times and Sungmin closed his eyes, tilted his head a bit and smiled.

Kyuhyun swallowed nervously. Something in him froze and he was stuck staring at Sungmin's beautiful smile, the way his lips lined up perfectly on top of each other, how beautiful his complexion is. Sungmin slowly opened his eyes, but the smile never left his face. Those eyes, those big brown foxy eyes, Kyuhyun just couldn't stop staring at them. It was like he was hypnotized, like his eyes were drawing Kyuhyun closer to him.

"Um, K-Kyuhyun..." Sungmin said, making Kyuhyun snap out of his trance.

Kyuhyun noticed that he was close to Sungmin's face and he quickly backed away, coughing nervously. He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment and thought of something to say.

"You... I-I.." Kyuhyun looked at the ground, then slowly looked back up at Sungmin. This time, angrily, "I'm going to that concert."

Sungmin huffed, "Idiot."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Eventually, the two had gone to bed, their backs to each other. It had been almost an hour they'd been laying there. Kyuhyun was wide awake, while Sungmin on the other hand, was sound asleep. Kyuhyun slowly and carefully turned around to face the others back.

He quietly whispered, "Sungmin?"

Sungmin didn't move or make a sound, telling Kyuhyun that he was still asleep.

Kyuhyun sighed a bit and continued whispering to himself, "I don't know what's wrong with me. One minute I'm yelling at you and the next, I'm nice to you. I hate you, but I want to be friends with you. I want to talk to you, but I want to yell at you also... I'm just so confused. I'm the bad guy and you're the good guy. The good guy always gets what he wants and all you want is to be unstuck and I'm trying to fulfill that for you, but it seems whenever I bring it up, you get mad at me... I know you just want to stay friends.. I-I do too... But... W-We can't."

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and let it go, quietly. Suddenly, Sungmin shifted around and turned toward the younger boy. Kyuhyun's breath hitched. He stayed quiet for a moment, waiting for Sungmin to say or do something, but nothing happened. He was still asleep, making Kyuhyun sigh in relief. Kyuhyun stared at the older boy in the darkness.

"I don't know what you're doing to me, or why you’re doing it, but… Is it bad if I like it?" Kyuhyun whispered.

Sungmin stayed motionless and listened to every word Kyuhyun was saying. Of course he was awake. How could he fall asleep when he was laying right next to his 'frenemy'? Sungmin tried his hardest to not move or say anything and it seems that Kyuhyun thought he was still asleep.

Sungmin waited until he heard Kyuhyun's breath increase, before he opened his eyes, slowly. Whispering in the dark to himself, Sungmin said, "I'm not doing anything to you, but you're truly doing something to me... And I think I’m falling for it..."

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Author-nim is back!! :D Europe was fun! I got to go to England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales! It was amazing! I want to thank you all for waiting for an update for so long. I also want to say thanks because we’re at 100+ Subscribers!!! I love you guys!!! :D I hope you all are enjoying this fanfic so far! I know I say that a lot… Haha(: I love all your feedback!(: Thankyu all to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! I’ll see you all soon with a new update!(: