Part One

Aurora's Tomb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The desert is vast, with hidden secrets in every sand dune, danger in every night, lies in every oasis. There are things that the desert knows that no one else can tell, stories that no one has heard. In this particular desert, the winds whisper tales of a land far away, a land that was ruled by a selfish king and a spoiled queen. They wronged many people through their reign, killing unjustly and seizing power to rule the kingdom with an iron fist. The people plotted how to be rid of them but nothing ever worked; the queen’s magic warned the couple of any plots against their lives and their reign.

And so it was that they ruled for many years, then finally the chance came that the people needed. The King and Queen had a child, their only child, a beautiful baby boy who would grow up to rule jut as harshly as his parents. That is, unless, the people took matters into their own hands.

When the King and Queen held the royal greeting for their new Prince, all of the most important people in the kingdom were there. Also in attendance, though, was the Sorceress Aurora. She wore a glamour to disguise her true nature, appearing as an old woman covered in gems, but as she drew close to the royal couple, close to the child sleeping in his mother’s arms, the Queen felt her power.

“Witch! A witch is among us!” She cried, eyes searching frantically to find the source of the magic she felt. The Sorceress laughed out loud, her guise of the wrinkled old woman slipping off and melting around her feet as her long red hair flew free to surround an ageless face, adorned with no jewels but shining with power.

“You cannot oppose me, wicked Queen,” she said, her voice ringing wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter