Chapter 1: Four

DILEMMA (RE-MASTERED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the family received the Will Testament from their fathers, no one spoke anything. Their lawyers left them alone to think and tell their children to do the task or lose all their inheritance rights. After 30 minutes full of silence and their lawyers back to the conference room, one of them finally talked.

"Our firstborn is Sora, and our last is Chaerin. She's twin, but she was born 10 minutes after Taemin."

"Is Sora married?" And Chaerin?" One of the lawyers asks for preparation, even if they must follow the Will, they'll not ruin a marriage or a relationship.

"No. she's no longer married, and Chaerin is never into a relationship."

"And Park family?"

"Our firstborn is Bom, and the last born is Cheondung."

"Are they married?"

"No. no, Bom is... she has a girlfriend, ex. And Cheondung is currently engaged, not yet married."

"Who's single and born before Cheondung?"

"His older sister, Sandara. She was newly single, but that'll make the four of them all female!" 

"I don't see the problem." One of the lawyers shrugged their shoulders and started writing something, "Park Bom, Park Sandara, Lee Sora, and Lee Chaerin. Anything we should change?"

"Can we change Chaerin to Taemin and let Cheondung instead, rather than Sandara?"

"But Taemin isn't the youngest, right? It's Chaerin."

"Yes, but-"

"Your father doesn't mention that anything has to be male or female; the oldest and the youngest and neither of them are married or engaged." And with that, the plan comes into fruition, and for the sake of not losing their inheritance, they're doing their father's ridiculous Will.

-

-

Sora still can't believe she's dragged into nowhere, her divorce was finalized last month, and today she has to fulfill whatever her grandfather asks. She looked to her left and found a nonchalant Chaerin looking into their private jet window, a cousin she was never close to before because of their , she's 35 years old this year, and Chaerin is 24 years. 

"Are you okay, unnie?" Chaerin's husky voice brings her to reality, "sorry, you have to be dragged into our grandfather's affair. I'm sorry about your divorce also." She looks genuinely sorry.

"It's okay, Rin, it's the thing we have to do. But, are you okay with this?"

"About what?"

"All of this? Do we have to marry the Park's granddaughters? I mean- I have no idea of being with a woman."

"Relax, unnie," she chuckles and shows her sweet dimples, "a woman is never complicated; they're amazing."

"What do you mean?" Sora is squinting her eyes.

"I'm a biual?" Chaerin gives her older cousin a cheeky smile.

"Jesus."

After a long flight, they're finally landed in Australia and goes to an island, Sora and Chaerin make a frown on their face when they're dragged into an island, a quiet one, and they look at a big cottage house being closer to their eyes while their cars are moving slowly on a stone path. The house is big and beautiful, with a lighthouse attached to it. Their watch shows 14.00 Seoul time, Seoul is one hour behind Hobart, Australia, and they're now at Bruny Island, close to Tazmania. The place is lovely, with different air than Seoul; they can hear waves hitting the reefs. They're far away from everything they know.

It is an island off the south-eastern coast of Tasmania, from which the D'Entrecasteaux Channel separates it. Storm Bay is located to the island's northeast. Both the island and the channel are named after French explorer Bruni d'Entrecasteaux. Its traditional Aboriginal name was Alonnah Lunawanna, which survives as the name of two island settlements, Alonnah and Lunawanna.

Their jaw dropped when they knew how quiet the area was. Bruny Island is accessed by a vehicular ferry that departs from Kettering approximately thirty minutes from Hobart, the capital and most populous city of the Australian island state of Tasmania. Founded in 1804 as a penal colony, Hobart is Australia's second oldest capital city after Sydney, New South Wales. The scenic ferry ride takes approximately fifteen minutes. From there, they still need to ride alongside the main road to the south of Bruny Island, about a picturesque forty-five-minute drive to the township of Lunawanna. The house is located on the Lighthouse Road, a small house situated in Lunawanna, self-contained, self-catering cottages containing four people. Each room has a private balcony with a cozy log fire.

"We have to live one year in this house? With strangers?" Sora shouts in desperation while her little cousin is speechless. Chaerin just muttered a wow under her breath while looking at their surroundings and dragging one of her suitcases inside the cottage house.

"Sora, sweetheart, just one year, and if it doesn't work, it's okay, sweetheart." Her mother tried to soothe her eldest.

"And what about the companies? The employees?"

"We'll think about something within a year, we promise." Sora takes a deep breath and follows Chaerin inside, a few people helping them take out their luggage.

"I don't mind, actually, but- what should I do in here for a year?" Chaerin sits on the sofa in front of the fireplace, "We have wifi, right? I need to work."

Sora is a famous model, while Chaerin is a businesswoman and deals with IT business, the youngest following her twin doing business outside the family business. They're letting their older brother, Lee Donghae, handle their family business. Meanwhile, they're choosing to do IT business, making applications and MMORG games. As for Sora, she was never a fan of doing business, she loves doing modeling, but in the end, her parents asked her to join the family business two years ago. That's when her marriage falls into a pitfall.

"Girls, behave and hold on for a year. Can you do it? Sora? Chaerin?" Their parents know the females from Lee's family can be arrogant and unempathetic.

"We'll try," Sora answered flat.

Lee Sora, 35 years old, the oldest of the Lee family, the only child of Lee Jeong Won, the business magnate who owns one of the biggest smartphone brands in the world, hotel chains, supermarket chains, and a hospital. And one of the best tire factories in the wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter