Part 4

Rooftop Prince

PART 4

 

 

 

I slowly opened the door to peek if he’s still in his position like yesterday.

 

 

OMOOOOO!!! HE’S HERE!!!

 

 

I slowly walked outside and looked at him to make sure he’s really asleep. Why am I tip-toeing? He has his headphones on, idiot!

 

 

I didn’t come too close ‘cuz maybe he’ll notice me. So I just went to the corner beside the door where the mops are located.

 

 

I took only one mop. But maybe I should get two? For Eunji also? So I took one more mop while looking at him ‘cuz maybe he might wake up.

 

 

I took the mops slowly so it won’t make a noise. Then I slowly walked to the door. But when I started walking, one of the mops I’m bringing hit a metal pail and fell so it made a really loud noise.

 

 

I looked him and he started to move so I quickly ran to the door and went inside. I was running on the stairs like an idiot.

 

 

IMAGINE ME RUNNING DOWN THE STAIRS WITH TWO MOPS ON MY HANDS.

 

 

When I reached the floor, I went quickly to the restroom where Chorong and Euniji are cleaning.

 

 

Hoooh! That was close! >____<

 

 

“Ya Naeun-ah! Why are you panting? Did someone chase you? Or are you hiding?”

 

 

“No, no I’m not. Here are the mops. Gotta go! Fighting!” Then I ran off to our classroom to get my stuff.

 

 

Uggh. My heart hurts. I never ran like that before. I can’t believe I can be an athlete XD

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The following days, I keep on coming back at the rooftop. He’s always there and I don’t know why he’s always sleeping.

 

 

I’ve been wondering, what is he doing at home that makes him not get enough sleep?

 

 

Has he been working?

 

 

Is he always studying?

 

 

Is he playing computer games all night long?

 

 

That’s what I want to figure out. But I’m just too shy to talk to him.

 

 

Maybe you’re wondering why he won’t notice me? It’s because I’m staying at the corner beside the door. Yes, where the mops are located. There’s a big space there where I can sit. In Myungsoo’s position, he can’t see me. So even though he’s awake, he won’t see me.

 

 

Yes, you can call me a stalker. But that’s not just what I do. I’ve been working on my story that was assigned to me. And I chose the topic of having a crush. I’m new to this so I’m pretty confident about my work because it won’t seem mainstream or scripted or typical.

 

 

When I’m at the rooftop, just staring at him makes me inspired. So my story is getting longer and stronger. And I wish it would really turn out great.

 

 

I wish it would be a happy ending.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It’s already been two weeks since I saw him there first. It’s been two weeks since I started staying there and stalking him.

 

 

And now, my story is almost finished.

 

 

I went up there again to finally finish my story. I opened the door and he’s still the same.

 

 

I went to my position and started writing my last sentences.

 

 

 

It’s been two weeks since I first saw you at the rooftop.

 

 

I still don’t know your name, and I go crazy finding it out. I can’t ask the others because maybe, they’ll know.

 

 

They’ll know that I like you.

 

 

I seriously don’t think having a crush makes sense. But I can’t believe I’m having one now. It’s all because of you.

 

 

I know it’s so cheesy. Yes it is, but it’s true.

 

 

Up until now, I’m still too shy to talk to you. And I don’t even get a chance even though it’s just the two of us at the rooftop because you’re always sleeping. Of course, I can’t wake you up just to say ‘Hi’.

 

 

But maybe through this story, you’ll be able to know my feelings for you.

 

 

I don’t expect anything in return. I don’t expect that you would like me back. You don’t even know my name. But at least, you’re aware.

 

 

After I’m done with this story, I won’t be able to see you again at the rooftop. But we’ll still see each other here at school, right?

 

 

I will miss your sleepy face. I hope we’d be friends soon.

 

 

Goodbye, my Rooftop Prince.

 

 

 

Oh my gosh. I can’t believe I’m getting teary-eyed right now! This is so dramatic. No wonder I’m a feature writer! Mrs. Nam will definitely like this.

 

 

And for Kim Myungsoo, I hope you can read this and at least you would know I exist. I can’t believe he’s just in my batch, but we don’t know each other. Tsk tsk.

 

 

I closed my notebook. I went to the library and used the computer there. I typed the words I just wrote earlier. I’ve been typing the other parts to this won’t take long.

 

 

Yeah, in just five minutes, I’m done! I put it in my flash drive and went to the teacher’s office.

 

 

“Mrs. Nam, I’m done with my story.” I gave her my flash drive.

 

 

“Oh okay. Very good. I’ll give this back to you tomorrow. I have to edit your work first if there are any grammar and spelling errors.”

 

 

“Okay Mrs. Nam. I’ll get going.” I bowed at her and walked away. I went home after.

 

 

I’m doing my homework when suddenly my phone sounded. It was an update from our school website. Turns out my story was uploaded! :D

 

 

I read it even though it’s my work XD

 

 

It didn’t change a bit, so I’m happy. Yeeeeessss! A high grade in English class!

 

 

 

*THE DAY AFTER*

 

*DISMISSAL*

 

 

I went first to the teacher’s office to ask about my work. I have to get my flash drive too.

 

 

When I was walking on my way to the office, I noticed that the students are having a commotion over their cellphones. Girls are shrieking and getting all excited. Why? What’s going on?

 

 

I just ignored them. Maybe another idol updates.

 

 

I don’t care. My oppas aren’t having their comeback yet so I know it’s not them :3

 

 

Then my phone suddenly vibrated. I took it out and found out that it’s another update from the school website. Is this what the commotion is all about?

 

 

I viewed it and saw an article after mine.

 

 

It’s from an anonymous person.

 

 

I read the article and I was so shocked that it looks exactly like my story, but just from a different point of view. A point of view from... a guy? O_O

 

 

But the last part made me even more surprised.

 

 

 

It’s been two weeks since I first saw you at the rooftop.

 

 

I still don’t know your name, and I go crazy finding it out. I can’t ask the others because maybe, they’ll know.

 

 

They’ll know that I like you.

 

 

But you don’t know how happy I am when I found out that we’re batchmates. Your name literally means you’re pretty.

 

 

I seriously don’t think having a crush makes sense. But I can’t believe I’m having one now. It’s all because of you.

 

 

I know it’s so cheesy. Yes it is, but it’s true.

 

 

Up until now, I’m still too shy to talk to you. And I don’t even get a chance even though it’s just the two of us at the rooftop because you’re always busy writing something. Of course, I can’t disturb you just to say ‘Hi’.

 

 

But maybe through this story, you’ll be able to know my feelings for you.

 

 

I don’t expect anything in return. But I’m so happy to read this, because I know it’s from you.

 

 

After you’re done with this story, I know you won’t be back at rooftop. But I want you to know that I’ll always be there, waiting for you.

 

 

You miss my sleepy face? Hahaha! I want you to know, I wasn’t sleeping at all. Yes I was, when you first saw me. Your pretty face was so close to mine. After that, I was just pretending to be asleep so I can take secret glances at you. And so that you will keep coming back.

 

 

Don’t say goodbye. We are just starting. I hope you’ll still go to the rooftop.

 

 

Hello, my Rooftop Princess. <3

 

 

 

My tears started to fall.

 

 

I quickly ran fast to the rooftop. I hope he’s still there!

 

 

AAHHHH!!! HE KNOWS I’VE BEEN STALKING HIM??

 

AND HE EVEN SAID I’M PRETTY!!!

 

KYAAAAAA!!! I’M IN HEAVEN!!!

 

KIM MYUNGSOO AAHHH!

 

 

I reached the top and quickly opened the door. But he’s not there.

 

 

HE’S NOT HERE TT____TT

 

 

I WANT TO TALK TO YOUUU!!!

 

PLEASE COME HERE!!!!!

 

YOU SAID YOU’LL ALWAYS BE HERE WAITING FOR ME?!

 

WHERE ARE YOU NOW?!

 

 

“Looking for me?”

 

 

OHMYGOSH THAT HANDSOME VOICE!!!

 

SO THAT’S WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE!

 

KYAA I CAN’T BREATHE!!!

 

 

I turned around and he’s actually at my position. Yes, the corner beside the door. His eyes at staring directly at my eyes.

 

 

OH THOSE GORGEOUS EYES.

 

 

“I was worried you won’t come back.”

 

 

GOSH HE’S SOOOO HANDSOME!

 

I’M FLUTTERING ALL OVER!!!

 

BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH!

 

 

I just looked at him. I don’t know what to say! I’m speechless. I’m lost.

 

 

“I---“ he walked closer to me.

 

 

Then he took my right hand. OMO OMO OMO!!!

 

 

“I like you, Princess Son Naeun. And I, will be your Prince Kim Myungsoo.”