Part 3

Rooftop Prince

PART 3

 

 

OH. MY. GOSH.

 

KIM MYUNGSOO... IS THE GUY AT THE ROOFTOP?!

 

Wooaaah. So he’s in my batch?! YEEESSSSSS HE’S NOT A DONGSAENG OR AN OPPA!!! Then I can just normally talk to him, right? Then I can just go to the rooftop anytime and befriend him, right? Then I don’t have to worry!

 

He’s always alone so that’s much better! I should go to the rooftop later. Gosh, I’m so excited! But nervous. Should I bring food or drinks? No no, of course don’t. He’ll notice that I came there on purpose. I should act like I just went there for no reason and then accidentally see him and then we’ll have a normal conversation then we’ll become friends. Bwahaha! I hope it turns out great! ^_^

 

*RING*

 

Oh, the bell rang for our second class so I went back directly at our classroom.

 

When I reached there, Chorong is back on her seat, talking to Namjoo like nothing happened. So I approached her.

 

“Yaa Chorong-ah! Are you okay? What happened? What did the principal say?”

 

“Eunji and I will clean the restroom later.” She said to me then went back to their conversation with Namjoo. REALLY? -_-

 

“YAA CHORONG-AH!” I shouted at her and slapped her back.

 

“Ah! What?!”

 

“You don’t care at all?!”

 

“What am I supposed to do?! Cry like an idiot ‘cuz I pulled someone’s hair?!”

 

“I’m just worried, okay?! At least you should say ‘I’m fine. Don’t worry.’. You went to the principal’s office and you act like nothing happened.”

 

“Thanks for worrying, Naeun-ah. But this isn’t my first time, okay? Remember when I punched someone because she said Bae Suzy had plastic surgery? That was worse.”

 

“Tsss. You never changed.” Then we just let it pass. Seriously, Park Chorong is a tough girl. That’s why she’s my bestfriend. And Namjoo too, but she’s different. She just insults secretly, not like Chorong who is a big fan of fanwars. Hahaha! And me? I dunno. Maybe a mix of the two of them.

 

*LUNCH TIME*

 

-At the cafeteria-

 

Chorong and I are peacefully eating when Namjoo suddenly ran to our table with her tray of food. She looks like in panic and catching her breath. She gestured us to come closer.

 

“Ya ya ya!” –Namjoo

 

“Wae? What is it?” –me

 

“I heard this from the other class.” -Namjoo

 

“Wae??!!! Say it! Paliiiiii!!!” –Chorong

 

“I heard that a girl in their class got rejected by Kim Myungsoo!”

 

“WHAAAT?!” Both Chorong and I got shocked. Gosh really? O_O

 

“Wae? How? Did the girl court him?” –me

 

“No, she confessed her feelings for him and even gave him a chocolate cake she baked herself. But Myungsoo just threw it away. The girl really cried a lot.”

 

“REALLY?! He shut her down just like that ‘cuz she said she likes him?! Why is he like that?! The girl is just being nice!” They both gave me weird looks.

 

“Since when did you care about people around you? And you said you don’t know Kim Myungsoo? Why would you care about what he did?” –Chorong

 

Right. I overreacted. I was so silly saying that. Why would I care?

 

BECAUSE I LIKE HIM TOOOOOO TT_TT

 

And now, I feel worse because maybe he’d do the same to me. How do I befriend him? If my first impression to him is irritating and annoying and clingy, then I won’t get a chance. I’m a no-no.

 

“Uhmm... it’s just that... even though he’s handsome, he should think of the girl’s feelings too! He’s too cold and heartless.”

 

“Yaaa Naeun-ah! Did you finally wake up from your fantasies and found out that life is not so sweet?” –Chorong

 

“That’s great, Son Naeun. Keep it up.” I just smirked. As if they don’t have their own fantasies! They’re fangirls too just like me!!!

 

Lunchtime ended and we went back to our classes. I can’t help myself but to worry and think of a way for him to notice me. The rooftop should only be the place. If I will get rejected too, at least no one else knows.

 

But wait, REJECTED? I won’t confess yet! I have to befriend him first! Then we will get closer and maybe, JUST MAYBE, he would have feelings for me.

 

Uggh. I’m sick of hoping. Am I pretty enough? No one ever liked me or confessed to me. No one ever asked me out before. And now, the guy I like is just too good looking for me.

 

*DISMISSAL*

 

“Chorong-ah, I’ll come with you at the office. I have to drop my articles there too.”

 

“Oh, okay. Let’s go.”

 

We walked together all the way to the teachers’ office. When we arrived, Chorong headed to our homeroom adviser’s desk while I went to our English teacher.

 

“Mrs. Nam, here are my articles. I hope you like it.” She smiled when she accepted it. I’m actually a feature writer. If you don’t know what feature writing is, it’s a kind of article that uses deep words and metaphors to make the story full of emotions and meaningful. I don’t know if I’m already a good one though.

 

“Ms. Son, I have something to ask for you to do.”

 

“What is it?” I said respectfully. What could it be? I’m nervous @_@

 

“I’m working on our school blog so I want you to make a feature story that the students can relate to. Having a crush maybe, or love at first sight? Or the struggles in studying? Peer pressure or conflicts? It’s up to you. If I liked it, and the students too, I’ll guarantee you a high grade in English.”

 

Hooh! I thought it was something serious! Turns out it’s just another teacher errand. No problem :)

 

“Yes Mrs. Nam. I’ll try my best.”

 

“Naeun-ssi, go to a place which inspires you the most. The place where you can see something, or someone, that makes you feel better. By that, you can make an excellent article. Fighting!”

 

“I will, Mrs. Nam.” I smiled and then walked away.

 

Somewhere that inspires me? Somewhere I can see someone that makes me feel better? Having a crush? Love at first sight?

 

It just fits perfectly. The rooftop. And Kim Myungsoo.

 

But how the heck can I get the courage to stay there? And what if he’s not staying there anymore? Then how frequently can I see him everyday? Five seconds per day?

 

UGGGGGHHHHH WHY DO I LIKE SOMEONE???!!! THIS IS SO BOTHERSOME!

 

When I was about to walk out of the room, I overheard something.

 

“...You clean the restrooms today. The cleaning materials are there but the mops are at the rooftop. One of you should get it. And don’t you dare run away!...”

 

“I volunteer! Teacher, I volunteer to get the mops!” HAHAHA I feel like I’m entering the Hunger Games XD

 

“Naeun-ah?” Chorong said with her confused face.

 

“Teacher, I was tasked to clean yesterday so I know where the mops are located. I’ll get it myself.”

 

“And why would you?” The teacher asked. CAN’T YOU JUST BE HAPPY BECAUSE A STUDENT IS HELPING?!

 

“O-oh? I want to help my friend, Park Chorong.” I said with a fake smile.

 

“O-okay. Then go. And the both of you (Eunji and Chorong), start cleaning while waiting for the mops!” they just nodded.

 

I was happily running on my way to the stairs. I got the perfect chance! I will see if he’s still there, and if he’s always staying there. And I’ll get to see his handsome face too! OMOOOOO!!!

 

I was running at the stairs so I reached the top fast. I’m now in front of the door.

 

My heart is pounding so fast. Duuh, of course I was running like a horse a while ago. Too dramatic -_-

 

OKAY. So this is it. I’m so nervous. Son Naeun really changed. I never ever tried this before.

 

I slowly opened the door to peek if he’s still in his position like yesterday.