Thinking of You

Intrepidus: A Collection of EXO One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I waited outside the practice room door, plastic bag gripped tightly in my left hand. The boys were learning new choreography for their planned comeback in a few months. I knew that they could always use a little pick me up during practices.

I heard the instrumental track end. Someone let out a frustrated growl. Exo collapsed to the floor, some stretching out while others simply sprawled out. I slowly entered the room, half expecting to have all the heads turn in my direction. Only one did.

“Noona! Food!” Kai Yelled, sitting up from his spot between D.O. and Baekhyun.

“Use your words,” Baekhyun teased.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them. It was all I could do to keep from laughing and encouraging them to continue being silly. I caught Suho’s attention from his spot by the stereo across the room. I smiled at him and raised the bag, shaking it a bit. He gave a small wave in acknowledgement. I really brought the food with him in mind. The others didn’t need to know that though.

I settled on the floor next to D.O., where I assumed it would be a safe spot. Kai and Baekhyun immediately snatched up the bag. They eagerly rummaged thorough the contents and began passing out the packages of cookies and ripping into the containers of kimbap.

“This is really nice of you to bring us food,” D.O. chimed in.

“This is actually just a snack. Well, the cookies were supposed to be dessert. It's just a little something to tide us over until the jajangmyun gets here. I checked to make sure it was fine to have some delivered.”

Just as I finished speaking, the door opened and the boy’s manager walked in with the deliveryman. The chatter in the room grew quickly. Chopsticks and containers were passed around. There were a few rounds of  “thanks for the food” before everyone started eating.

Suho had squeezed into the circle that we all had formed, sitting on the other side of D.O. I was hoping that he was going to sit next to me, but I knew he was too timid to go that far. Rumors had gotten to me that Suho did like me, but the last time I confronted him about it, he denied everything. I hoped he was just embarrassed about getting caught and not honestly denying it.

Either way, I liked Suho. The thing was, I felt like I had to prove my worthiness to him for him to admit to liking me. He was the group leader, Exo’s so called guardian. I am a naturally caring person, but I felt like I really had to step up my game just to be on the same level as him. I just wanted Suho to notice me, and for now, it seemed as though he was.

I leaned around D.O. to get a look at Suho. He slurped some noodles up before giving me a warm smile. He was cute with his cheeks puffed out from the food. Seeing that alone would have been enough to bring a smile to my face.

“You know you didn’t have to do all this,” he said to me after swallowing his bite.

I could see D.O. lean back slightly to give the two of us a better view of each other. He gave me a small nod of encouragement. D.O. knew how much I liked Suho, and he supported our relationship even if it wasn’t real.

“I know I didn’t have to. I wanted to. You all work hard. It’s nice to have a treat sometimes.”

“Noona really is the best,” Kai proclaimed.

“I try to be,” I admitted quietly.

We ate, chatting and joking around happily. Baekhyun and Chen’s voices being heard the loudest and most of course. They couldn’t just let everything be; they had to try stirring up some trouble, and get the others to join them.

“Suho hyung, I think you are slowly losing your position as our eomma. She’s giving you a run for your money,” Kai joked, joining into what the others had started.

“Would you like to be Exo’s leader too?” Chen asked me.

I knew they were just playing, but it was getting to the point where there words were becoming hurtful. I was fine, but the comments were directed towards Suho, and I knew that he did not deserve to be talked down to like that.

“Okay guys, that’s enough. You shouldn’t disrespect your hyung anymore,” I tried to reason with them by bringing up his social status.

There were a few laughs and someone cried out as if my comment had been the cutest thing they’d ever heard. “Our noona is so sweet. Suho, you better grow up and snatch her up before someone else does. Chen has been making eyes at her for the last fifteen minutes,” Baekhyun continued on.

Suho grew stiff in his seat before quickly standing and pulling me to my feet with him. He quickly let go of my hand, the contact clearly making him uncomfortable. After clearing his throat he told everyone we were stepping out to get some drinks. His sudden movement gave me no time to question why he picked me or even object to going with him, not that I would have done either. I silently followed him into the hall, the quiet snickers of the others not missing my ears before I closed the door behind us.

Suho moved quickly, only pausing slightly to hold the door of the stairwell open for me. I didn’t know what to say to him. I wasn’t sure if he had been hurt or just annoyed. Maybe it was a bad idea for me to be following after him. I should have just played dumb and sent someone else. I should have turned around and gone back, but I couldn’t. The part of my that was desperate for his attention wouldn't let me.

After walking down a few flights, Suho opened another door leading into windowed corridor. The cafeteria was at the end. I still trailed behind him, not really knowing what else to do. We each grabbed a handful of water bottles from the cooler and went to the register.

“I-I’ll just help carry these back to the room and then leave. I’m sorry if I caused trouble,” I said after he was done paying. I silently cursed at myself for stuttering and sounding like an idiot in front of him.

“You didn’t cause any trouble. You don’t have to leave. We all really love when you come visit.”

I shrugged, still considering what I should do because deep down really wanted to stay. “Because of me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter