#3.

The Story of a Bookworm
✩ CHAPTER # 3

 

.

I heard a girl .

from a girl.

And with s, she later on spoke, "Jongin," she moaned his name. "Faster, please." 

My eyes widened. I could feel my face heating. Heating out of anger. Just what does this bastard think he is? What does he think of Krystal? Calling her in the morning, and her, thinking that it was a good morning call.

I didn't dare talk. I didn't want to just say anything to him out of anger. I'm not that kind of person who just says anything because she's completely pissed.

I thought I would get green out of sickness of this 's when every noise suddenly died. I'm guessing they rested a bit from their... business.

Then, I heard a familiar voice. It was his voice. 

"Sh*t," he muttered.

"Krystal? Krystal?! Talk to me!" his voice full of anxiousness. 

'He didn't know he called her,' I thought. 'So he wasn't purposely trying to hurt Soojung.'

"You called her didn't you?! DIDN'T YOU?!"

"Yeah, well, the b*tch is bound to know the truth anyway! And, Jongin, babe, wouldn't it be nicer if we did this without having to hide our relationship from anyone?" the unknown girl spoke flirtatiously. 

"I thought I've settled everything with you? We are nothing more than friends! And hell, you aren't even my friend. You're just some girl who gets laid on my bed."

And with that, gritting my teeth, I ended the call. I couldn't stand his treatment to Krystal, and heck, even to the girl on the other line. Who is he to do that to women? Even though the girl on the other line was stupid enough to let him treat her like that, I pitied her. I guess even more than I pity my own best friend, Krystal. 

I looked at Krystal with sad eyes. She was sobbing. Rarely does she ever cry. She's one of the bravest people I know. But now, here she is, beside me, bawling her eyes out over some bastard who broke her heart.

That is one of the reasons why I am completely not interested in dating. They make you feel special; like you're really the only one occupying their heart. But then, one day, you open your eyes and you realize: "Hey, his heart's a hotel." Girls just go in and out.

I'd only want to date guys who are in books. Fictional characters whose hearts are pure, and whose words are real. Sadly, they don't exist. I have a little hope inside of me that they do exist. That if you just know where and how to find them, you would. But now, seeing my best friend cry, I'm 100% sure they are nonexistent. 

I inched closer to Soojung, patting her back. Her face burried on the pillow, she lifted up her face to meet my eyes. As I watched those painfully glassy eyes, I can't help but hate men. I guess this is part of what they're supposed to do; hurt women. Hurt our feelings. 

"It's not the breaking up that hurts..." Soojung said between sobs.

"It's the fact that after what he's done..."

"...I still painfully love him."

I sighed. Ah, love. It makes an intelligent person become capable of thinking stupid. I cupped her face to make her look at me. 
"Look at me. Look. You, you young woman, are beautiful. So don't worry about that bastard. You'll be alright without him, okay? You will be hella fine. And I want you to show that to him. Show that you can become such a better person with or without him.
"Slap the fact to his face that it is his loss. That he lost you. That he gave up everything you both would've had because of his stupidity."

She only sniffed. "If only it was that simple." She smiled sadly.

And that was a sign for me to stand up and do something.

"Stand up," I ordered her. "Up, up, up."

She gave me a confused look. 

And that was how our day started.

 

 

 

Author's note: Bad Jongin- tsk tsk tsk.

Any comments? Suggestions? 

Subscribe juseyo. Lavlavlav. <3